Dark of the Moon Bring back Rachael Taylor as Maggie

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
largetransformersrachae.jpg

As most of you likely remember, Rachel Taylor was the female hacker from the first Transformers movie. Since her character is already established, that positions her as an ideal replacement for Megan Fox. If they try to shove in a new character then it's going to feel tacked on and stupid, but if they make Sam's new love interest someone who's already established then it feels more natural. I think the audience would be more willing to forgive it if Sam was suddenly with someone else if his new love interest was a pre-existing character.

rachaeltaylor2.jpg

Picture this: Mikela can't handle all the robots and baysplosions in Sam's life, so she packs up and leaves poor Sam in a rut. Later, Sam runs into that gorgeous blond techie that he met shortly after he got Bumblebee. Now that Sam's a bit more grown up, Maggie now notices him in a way she didn't when they first met. Being a little older and more experienced than Sam, she helps him move on, and the two of them have a spark. Being a government technician who works with the Transformers, Maggie is already accustomed to a dangerous lifestyle like Sam's, and can cope with it much better than Mikela could.

Personally, even though the Maggie character's role in the first film was fairly small, I found her to be much more interesting than Fox's Mikela character. She was smart, inquisitive, and proactive, whereas Mikela was just kind of there. Maggie was not afraid of getting into trouble to solve the mystery, whereas Mikela just sort of followed Sam around. If Sam ended up with Maggie instead of Mikela it would be an upgrade IMO.

She's cute but annoyed the hell out of me in the first film. I would rather have a new face come in plus I never really cared for the hacker group to begin with.

Didn't she basically talk about how she thought it was a mistake to have done TFTM?

Didn't she basically talk about how she thought it was a mistake to have done TFTM?
Yeah, shes a pacifist and said she didn't even know why what she called a so called War movie. and if they Asked her to come back she would say no.

No.

She served her purpose in the first film.

Unless there is a need for her character, with her special set of skills, her falling for Sam would probably be hard to sell.

She was really hot and her accent was the icing on the cake! I loved her in TF1!

I liked her.....10 times more than Megan Fox. :dry: I thought she was a good character...

I thought she was o.k in TF1. It was her scenes that played off of Anthony Anderson that were annoying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"