Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Part 1

Damn they charged right out of the gate with the police brutality plot. This show does not mess around.

The energy feels different. They’ve been able to tackle social issues before and still keep it funny. Felt like they swung too much the other way this time around.

The second episode is more of their usual.

The energy feels different. They’ve been able to tackle social issues before and still keep it funny. Felt like they swung too much the other way this time around.
I don’t know. It didn’t strike me as being too different from their Me Too episode a season or two ago.

Watched the first two episodes last night. I think they handled the police brutality issue well in the premiere, but I really hope it isn't a one-and-done commentary. The conflict of trying to do good within a broken system was clearly weighing very heavily on Jake and Holt in particular, so I hope that development is followed through on and it isn't just fully back to business as usual.

Watched the first two episodes last night. I think they handled the police brutality issue well in the premiere, but I really hope it isn't a one-and-done commentary. The conflict of trying to do good within a broken system was clearly weighing very heavily on Jake and Holt in particular, so I hope that development is followed through on and it isn't just fully back to business as usual.
... With Terry Crews in the mix...

Yeah, it was kind of telling that Terry was the one POC cast member not involved in that storyline.... :dry:

It is ironic, though, given that he was the focus of their previous "racism in policing" episode.
For obvious reasons of course.

My Dads better stop playing games and get back together already.

Trying to mix in real-world police issues in this show is stupid and makes no sense.

If this were real life, everyone at the 99 should be fired. They are all terrible people and terrible police officers.

In the early seasons before they got together, Peralta routinely sexually harassed Amy and made inappropriate comments directed at her. #MeToo

Meanwhile, Rosa is a sociopath.

Hitchcock and Scully should be out on their asses.

I'm just saying, if you agree with Defund the Police and police accountability and anti-police brutality, everyone at the Nine-Nine precinct should be ethered and barred from law enforcement.

Trying to mix in real-world police issues in this show is stupid and makes no sense.

If this were real life, everyone at the 99 should be fired. They are all terrible people and terrible police officers.

In the early seasons before they got together, Peralta routinely sexually harassed Amy and made inappropriate comments directed at her. #MeToo

Meanwhile, Rosa is a sociopath.

Hitchcock and Scully should be out on their asses.

I'm just saying, if you agree with Defund the Police and police accountability and anti-police brutality, everyone at the Nine-Nine precinct should be ethered and barred from law enforcement.

[looks at the actual NYPD]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The point being, as terrible as the 99 may be, they are nothing compared to the actual criminal abuses that are allowed to happen in the actual NYPD. Yeah, they would be driven out. Because they are "the good ones" and would not be tolerated by the blue line.

The point being, as terrible as the 99 may be, they are nothing compared to the actual criminal abuses that are allowed to happen in the actual NYPD. Yeah, they would be driven out. Because they are "the good ones" and would not be tolerated by the blue line.

I'm not talking about the NYPD tolerating them. I'm talking about the general public. If this were real life and we wanted real police reform, the 9-9 would not and should not be tolerated either because they are abusive and they are terrible officers.

Final two episodes next week. Nice to see Boyle and Holt get some focus. Gotta say, I wonder if NBC was just in a rush to hurry through this last season. Two new episodes per week of a 10-episode final season doesn't leave a lot of time to soak it all in.

They did the same think with Parks and Rec a few years back. I don’t necessarily mind it. This is the streaming era. Two episodes a week is better than dropping the whole thing at once and the conversation lasting all of a week and a half.

I was wondering why no one was talking about the finale. Didn’t realize it wasn’t airing until next week.

...now see, that would've been perfect if it ended on 9/9. But I guess we can't push back NFL.

Still, series finale is upon us tonight.

I noticed the finale is airing an hour earlier at 7 EST tonight. Why couldn't they have just done that last week?

I noticed the finale is airing an hour earlier at 7 EST tonight. Why couldn't they have just done that last week?

Is it? I've still got Access Hollywood airing here right now with the guide saying that Brooklyn Nine-Nine airs at 8 pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"