The Dark Knight Bruce at parents grave

Darkness Falls

We Could Be Heroes.....
Reaction score
would anyone else like in TDK to see bruce/batman at his parents grave
like in Mask of the phantasm?

Can't see why not, although its not that big of a deal for me....

i'd like to see it. its good to not lose sight of why he's doing what he's doing.

They should definitely include this shot some time in this franchise. Though my only gripe, is BB focused a lot on Thomas, and almost no Martha, so I don't know if that type of scene will resonate as much.

They should definitely include this shot some time in this franchise. Though my only gripe, is BB focused a lot on Thomas, and almost no Martha, so I don't know if that type of scene will resonate as much.
Yeah they didnt focus on his mom too much

I wouldn't at all mind seeing Bruce visit his parents grave. I just don't know which I would rather see more; Bruce visiting or Batman visiting.

Kinda off subject, but it partakes in Bruce's life. How messed up are we going to see Bruce? What's his mental state going to be like with him and Batman? Bruce is a pretty tragic character who never in his life gets over his parents death or anything else at that matter. He's always beating himself up when things go wrong. How well do you think that's going to come into play in TDK?

Maybe we just see the start of his depression in TDK and it kicks up a notice in the 3rd. I just want to see Bruce have more depth in character.

I wouldn't at all mind seeing Bruce visit his parents grave. I just don't know which I would rather see more; Bruce visiting or Batman visiting.

Kinda off subject, but it partakes in Bruce's life. How messed up are we going to see Bruce? What's his mental state going to be like with him and Batman? Bruce is a pretty tragic character who never in his life gets over his parents death or anything else at that matter. He's always beating himself up when things go wrong. How well do you think that's going to come into play in TDK?

Maybe we just see the start of his depression in TDK and it kicks up a notice in the 3rd. I just want to see Bruce have more depth in character.

well if there is a lot of killing due on part with the Joker he could probably start blaming himself, seeing as he is the cause for bringing a more eccentric criminal element into Gotham. He could feel guilty for not being able to stop all the crimes as well

Also he could get so wrapped up in his Batman persona he doesn't attend to his failing company when it needs him.

I'd love to see Bruce as Batman visit his parents grave. It's hard to explain, but seeing him as Bruce Wayne visiting isn't as powerful for me. The image of Batman standing in front of their graves is just a resonating and emotional image for me.

I'd like to see him there as Batman after a confrontation with the Joker that had resulted with the loss of innocent lives, or something like that.

I'd love to see Bruce as Batman visit his parents grave. It's hard to explain, but seeing him as Bruce Wayne visiting isn't as powerful for me. The image of Batman standing in front of their graves is just a resonating and emotional image for me.

Wouldn't someone know Bruce Wayne is Batman if he goes with batsuit? Nolan will use Selina in place of Rachel since she knows.

It would be nice to see Bruce at least mention his mother in TDK to make up for her exclusion in BB. I doubt it, but who knows.

In the comics it also shows him returning to the place of their death and placing a rose on the ground where they died. that could be a powerful scene also. TDKR had a good scene where he went as Bruce on the anniversary of their death and there were some thugs hanging out at the place. Something like that would be cool.

In the comics it also shows him returning to the place of their death and placing a rose on the ground where they died. that could be a powerful scene also. TDKR had a good scene where he went as Bruce on the anniversary of their death and there were some thugs hanging out at the place. Something like that would be cool.

wasnt that done in Batman 89? I think a nightime graveyard scene would be cool- in the batsuit.

Visiting as Batman would be really good, but it might look odd since it isn't like TAS were the cape went all around him, so him just stood there as Batman might not transfer well onto screen, it would require some great camera work anyway.

I think there must be a scene with Bruce at his parent's grave. I just re-watched Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and in that you see how important (and visually iconic) it is for Bruce to visit the grave of the Waynes.

well if there is a lot of killing due on part with the Joker he could probably start blaming himself, seeing as he is the cause for bringing a more eccentric criminal element into Gotham. He could feel guilty for not being able to stop all the crimes as well

Also he could get so wrapped up in his Batman persona he doesn't attend to his failing company when it needs him.

How so? I think the criminals were already there before Bruce even returned to Gotham.

Visiting as Batman would be really good, but it might look odd since it isnt like TAS were the cape went all around him, so him just stood there as Batman might not transfer well onto screen.
The BB cape fluttered nicely, in shots from the narrows. I think that kind of scene would work well, and I'd love to see it.

How so? I think the criminals were already there before Bruce even returned to Gotham.
The freaks (Joker, Two-Face, Penguin etc) all appear in Gotham after Batman, gradually replacing the mob as the main criminal element in town. It's a them explored in both Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"