The Dark Knight Rises Bruce's Parents

Kent

The Lord of Thwipp
Reaction score
Basically, not a huge deal, but I missed Bruce's parents in The Dark Knight. Not that I think they should've been a huge part of the film, but it's almost like they forgot the root of why Bruce became Batman in the first place.

So what I'm asking for is basically something simple. A scene with Bruce visiting their grave, or looking at a painting of them before heading out as Batman. Just something that shows that he hasn't forgotten.

Visit his parents grave. Thats a scene everyone wants.

Yeah, a visit to the grave seems like a pretty obvious thing if they want to go there. Also, since Bruce would be moving back into the mansion, it would be nice to see him hang a painting up somewhere.

Yeah Maybe just like the scene from mask of the phantasm , with or without the suit he must visit his parents grave :cwink:

I'd like it if Bruce what with being hunted is doubting his mission and is wondering on whether he has done all he can for Gotham and should give up and kind of like in Mask of the Phantasm visits his parents grave and has flashbacks of his parents and then leaving it to his father saying "why do we fall?"

Yeah the family graveyard was very far from the burned Wayne Manor, so i don't see why there would be a problem not to show it.
graveh.jpg

Last edited:
wasn't the greenhouse as well?

I could see him visiting the grave at the end of B3. perhaps lamenting that his battle will never be truly over. I would think that a fitting conclusion to Nolan's trilogy.

Yeah, remember before this movie came out Nolan said something like TDK would explore Bruce's relationship with his dad more? What happened with that?

I think with all that happened in TDK, Bruce didn't really have time to visit his parents grave. But I wish he would have. I'd like a scene at the grave. Or him walking around the new mansion having some flash backs.

Bruce Waynes obsession with his parents should be pivitol to his story batmans psyche is what makes him interesting Nolan went the safe and simple "they where perfect" angle it would have been far more interesting if he attempted the interpretation in some comics (dark victory and a lot of other tim sale drawn stuff) where they where not so perfect particularly his father who was a good man but slightly strict and held high standards and his mother was the sweet loving one.

it would also be nice to see the emotion for each parent and how bruce felt about them as individuals.

I'd like for Bruce to visit his parent's grave twice in one movie. Once as Bruce and another as Batman. I'd like for him to visit the grave for a purpose not just passing by.

Bruce Waynes obsession with his parents should be pivitol to his story batmans psyche is what makes him interesting Nolan went the safe and simple "they where perfect" angle it would have been far more interesting if he attempted the interpretation in some comics (dark victory and a lot of other tim sale drawn stuff) where they where not so perfect particularly his father who was a good man but slightly strict and held high standards and his mother was the sweet loving one.

it would also be nice to see the emotion for each parent and how bruce felt about them as individuals.

I think with Nolan it was more the fact that Bruce had the perfect life, loving parents, wealth and Racheal and in one night it was ripped away. But I think as he gets older he should look back and see his mother and fathers flaws. Like his mother molly coddled him.

I really wouldn't mind if it wasn't in the movie, not every single batman comic mentions his parents, so why would I expect the movies too. I'm fine 1/3 (begins) having to deal with his parents.

I'm content with what they have now, but if Nolan feels its a necessary scene to advance the story in the next one, then bring it on, really I could only see a Hush type storyline doing that with someone from his past, i mean really the best time imo to of had this scene would of been after Rachel died, it would of been nice if he had been sitting there talking, and alfred came up and they had that conversation there, but honestly i dont want that scene in it just for the sake of having it.

I agree since I feel Batman 3 needs to shift focus back to Bruce.

I think with Nolan it was more the fact that Bruce had the perfect life, loving parents, wealth and Racheal and in one night it was ripped away. But I think as he gets older he should look back and see his mother and fathers flaws. Like his mother molly coddled him.

But it would be far more interesting if we knew these people he lost better its a fact Batman/Bruce Wayne has daddy issues in the comic he was strict but a good man we have all read long halloween and dark victory and other stuff showing they where not perfect people especially his father this would make Bruces psycologicol reasons for becoming batman far more unique rather then just losing them all that happens to people everyday, all this should have been in BB but like i said they went the safe route and they completely ignored it in TDK.

Man, Batman's dad was like... the coolest dad ever! He could rope down a well, he said he left the company in order to help people by practicing medicine, he built the monorail, he treated bruce and tried to help him get over his fear of bats, he covered bruce when he got scared in the theatre.... He was a caring and loving father! Much better than that stereotypically strict dad batman has in the comics. It even makes more sense.

I personally would like to see a visit to the graves (with the suit on preferably), but i would also like a story with flashbacks. Maybe a flashback involving his parents, or even better, a flashback about Bruce's adolescence. In other words I would love to see more of his pre-batman years. Just as long as they dont involve that stupid character Hush and all that jazz.

Yeah, remember before this movie came out Nolan said something like TDK would explore Bruce's relationship with his dad more? What happened with that?
That's the first I've ever heard that and I followed TDK almost religiously.

And yes, Bruce's parents should absolutely be revisited. Such an integral role to Bruce's character. Bring it back full circle to where it all began. Especially with his newfound status as a wanted criminal, Bruce's parents may be the only "people" he can turn to asides from Alfred. I'm sure there's more than enough potential there for great storytelling.

Basically, not a huge deal, but I missed Bruce's parents in The Dark Knight. Not that I think they should've been a huge part of the film, but it's almost like they forgot the root of why Bruce became Batman in the first place.

So what I'm asking for is basically something simple. A scene with Bruce visiting their grave, or looking at a painting of them before heading out as Batman. Just something that shows that he hasn't forgotten.

I totally agree with you. I missed seeing them in part 2 also. There should have been a picture at least in the apartment. I'm sure some photos survived the fire.

A scene in 3 of him visiting their grave would be perfect.

Or at least a nice painting of them above the mantle.

I think I started a thread like this a while back or mentioned it somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"