Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loganbabe

Loganbabe Don't want your future

Well, "James McAvoy" was trending the other day at the WWTTs - for a short period, but it was - just because he was on Graham Norton. A lot of stupid things trend, but it takes quite a lot of interest for names that are not Justin Bieber to be on WWTT. Maybe I know nothing about star power, but I'm sure that, discrete and non-Hollywood as James is, he's noticed.

And as much as people say that Fassbender was the break out star in First Class, I'm sure that James also got much more popular because of it. Maybe not the hot, explosive thing, but it happened. It's part of his low-profile, but perennial career.

2. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Loganbabe, we all like James, I dont understand why you are acting kind of offended with our rational comments and arguments.

We all like him, and many people know him.

You just have to recognize that he isnt as popular as Jennifer Lawrence, for example, and Fassbender as Magneto was clearly a fan favourite, and non fan favourite.

there's nothing bad about saying that.

its not a big deal, with all the respect

3. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

James McAvoy put in a great performance in first class.

Does it really matter whose a bigger star then someone else? like if the guy who played younger beast becomes bigger then all of the first class cast it doesnt mean he will steal the x men films from then on

4. Loganbabe

Loganbabe Don't want your future

I'm not offended, just disagree that James doesn't have star power. I just think he deserves a mention when people talk about who/what will lead people to cinemas to watch the sequel, that's all. Moving on.

5. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

star power seems to be one different thing to each user, so yeah, we better move on, lol

6. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I think like Stewart and Mckellen in the original tril, Mcavoy and Fassbender go hand in hand with these films. Anyone whos interested in the X flicks wants to see them both on screen together interacting, cause thats what made the last flick work.

Ultimately The X Men name will lead people to the cinema....and Hugh Jackman. People love the hell out of that guy, when it comes to the X cast hes still the main draw. Add Mcavoy,Stewart, Lawerence, Mckellen and Fassbender and people arent gonna wanna miss this ****.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  7. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

Baz Bamigboye at the Daily Mail reports - he spoke to Jackman after one of the award events. Looks like this is filming in Montreal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ly-Fields-long-success.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

8. JP

JP Smelly

Well, we knew about Montreal, but that looks like Berry confirmation!

9. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Anyone think Wolverine will sing in this movie?

10. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

11. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

hugh says "‘Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it." which means what? is he just talking about him and berry? after all doesn't sound like jean will be in it as Famke hasn't had a call about it while it sounds like some of them have

12. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

well, the reporter probably spoke with the info we all have (including the false rumours of Berry and Marsden)

so except if Halle herlsef, Singer or any other producer confirm it, we still dont know really

13. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

You shouldn't take what actors say so seriously.Actors have probally been told to say nothing.

As for Halle Berry It's possibly Hugh slipped up and revealed her return.Noone has said before Halle would be back.They said she may based on what HR say.

Hugh Is basiclly confirmed there will be more from First Class and trilogy back.

14. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Jackman hasn't necessarily confirmed Halle. He didn't include her in a list himself. All he did was respond to that, and maybe he missed the Halle part because he's used to hearing her name in association with all of the cast list for the X-Men movies. Or maybe he doesn't want to say anything either way as she's still in negotiations. He's not going to come out and say "Halle's not in it." He just made a very general statement in response.

15. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

I wouldn't discount Halle Berry in terms of lacking star power. The fact is, she hasn't been visible due to raising her daughter and dealing with ex bf/current bf crap, moving to Europe and her upcoming wedding. I don't think filming has been on her list of high priorities, she's a millionaire and clearly doesn't need to work for more money. When actors and actresses take breaks and start doing little indie films like she's been filming lately, they are doing it to keep themselves "sharp" in the field, but not necessarily for prestige. If Halle really applied herself I could see her making a major comeback.

But I think putting her in this film, as the lead actress of the first 3 X-Men films (especially X2 and X3), would rank well with moviegoers...even if it does fill the fans with angst. LOL :p

16. Lightning Strykez!

Also, for the record, I could care less if Halle Berry herself is in the film.

I just want STORM in the storyline, even if the role is played by someone else.

17. JP

JP Smelly

I'm 90% sure we're getting Berry, and I'm surprising not bothered by that. She'd definitely be a stunning power display against Sentinels. Granted, that shouldn't be the only reason to use her. But, still..

18. Lightning Strykez!

Why are you so sure? And why aren't you having a cow over your suredness? LOL :p

19. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Agreed.

20. JP

JP Smelly

Well, like Logan, Storm plays an integral part in the DoFP storyline. And since there is literally nothing preventing her from appearing (Unlike James and Famke) I don't see why they wouldn't at least try.

I also think there's a bit more to the Hollywood Reporter and Baz Bamigboye articles then we all think.

21. Lightning Strykez!

Perhaps.

Although I think the path for Marsden to appear will be cleared.

22. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I agree with you.Personally I believe the returing actors are laregly set.The actors have been told to say nothing.I don't believe for a moment Patrick stewert and Ian Mckellen
    haven't been told anything about film.

Storm and her powers would work well In film against Sentinles.Just because those on message boards don't want her doesn't mean GA wouldn't want to see her as Storm.
    If she's willing to return and Bryan Singer wants to use STorm then I say It's for best.

23. Lightning Strykez!

Well, if they're hoping to really "up the ante" visually for this film, they'll need the Storm character for the sheer power displays alone. For example, the most memorable scenes from all 3 X-Trilogy movie trailers (in terms of X-Men power displays) were the ones featuring Wolverine and Storm. They just "sell" a film to general audiences better because of the spectacle and simplicity of the powers' destructive nature.

24. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Or just don't have Storm. I love the character, hate her in the films.

25. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Not having Halle Berry in this movie is like firing Megan Fox from the Transformers movie. Her character never died, she had a major role in X3, she ended up like the head mistress of X-Mansion, she's playing Storm (one of the most well-known characters in the X-Men universe) and I doubt Halle Berry would turn down the role. If they are not gonna bring her back because of her relationship with Bryan Singer, personal life drama and the fan reception, I think that would be unfair to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.