Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh Jackman Is Robert Downey JR of X-Men franchise.He helps get people to theatres to see him as Wolverine.One of people's favorate moments In First Class was his cameo.
Just Image what Last Stand could have done If people liked It like X2 or how well Origins would have done If people actully liked the film.

This is what YOU wanted. Clearly you have serious love for Wolverine. The actor is magnificent for sure, but FIVE of the seven X-Men movies so far are about Wolverine. I doubt that DOFP won't be a sixth. Wolverine used to be my favorite character but I'm sick of him now and judging from what I've read pretty much everywhere beyond the SHH boards people are pretty evenly divided on his return. That is NOT good for the box office.

Wolvie's cameo got the biggest laughs in FC.

They don't even need to have him be in the movie more than 10 minutes to have Hugh Jackman doing the talk show circuit as if he's starring in the movie. That's all that matters. The PERCEPTION that this is going to be some all out clash of the Old X-men and the New.

Get people's butts in the seats. Even if the end is all of ten minutes of Wolvie.

This is what YOU wanted. Clearly you have serious love for Wolverine. The actor is magnificent for sure, but FIVE of the seven X-Men movies so far are about Wolverine. I doubt that DOFP won't be a sixth. Wolverine used to be my favorite character but I'm sick of him now and judging from what I've read pretty much everywhere beyond the SHH boards people are pretty evenly divided on his return. That is NOT good for the box office.

No, this is what the audience clearly wants. Like I said above, FOX wouldn't pursue a direction like this if they hadn't already done extensive tests/surveys about what audiences "expect" out of this franchise. It's not so personal [it's business], so don't make it so...

:word:

At this point, all of this speculations and fanboy paranoia.

The people wanting to believe this is the end of FC as a franchise are so paranoid that, even if they announce Bishop is the time traveler, they'll think it's just going to be Hugh Jackman in a dreadlock wig posing as Wolvie-Bishop.

And yea. I'd pay to see that.

I would be pretty peeved if Wolverine was the star again, he already had his own movie, he has another one coming out. It would be pretty bad if he was the star of DoFP. It shows that the writers can't develop an X-Men movie without depending on him to draw in money.

FYI, Wolverine was the time traveler in Ultimate X-Men. In fact they made Cable INTO old Wolverine.

I would be pretty peeved if Wolverine was the star again, he already had his own movie, he has another one coming out. It would be pretty bad if he was the star of DoFP. It shows that the writers can't develop an X-Men movie without depending on him to draw in money.
psyonic, the fact is they can't. That was already shown with First Class. Sorry, but them's the facts jack.

Considering you're the only one having a serious fit over this, it's hard to make the argument that you're in the majority here.

Audiences do still love Wolverine - that cameo killed when First Class was in theaters. His lousy spinoff movie still made more money than First Class, which like it or not, did underperform.

How about actually letting the movie happen before climbing out on a ledge over this news?

Audiences want to see Logan being a badass.. in the future... fighting Sentinels. Not in the 60's talking to McAvoy.

I still hope they stick to the mind transfer route, and use Xavier. Or just introduce a new character, like Bishop or Cable.

For all we know Logan will only get fried in the prologue by a sentinel.

Then the next time we see him he's an adamantium skeleton in a tube.

Audiences want to see Logan being a badass.. in the future... fighting Sentinels. Not in the 60's talking to McAvoy.

I still hope they stick to the mind transfer route, and use Xavier. Or just introduce a new character, like Bishop or Cable.

I would like to see all of that. :up:

For all we know Logan will only get fried in the prologue by a sentinel.

Then the next time we see him he's an adamantium skeleton in a tube.

It has to happen at some point. It's iconic.

death01.jpg

They could keep Wolverine In the future part of film.While they might keep him being zapped by Sentinel they will have him do stuff In future first.

I believe the time traveler will be character already familar to audences.I have always been very skeptical of introuducing Bishop or cable for this film when they already have
choices that can fill that role.They could keep with original comic and have xavier change mind with younger self.They could have Rogue or Kitty be used for physical
time travel.

They could keep Wolverine In the future part of film.While they might keep him being zapped by Sentinel they will have him do stuff In future first.

I believe the time traveler will be character already familar to audences.I have always been very skeptical of introuducing Bishop or cable for this film when they already have
choices that can fill that role.They could keep with original comic and have xavier change mind with younger self.They could have Rogue or Kitty be used for physical
time travel.

The traveler is probably going to be revealed by accident.

Singer hasn't filmed an X-men film since before the internet became scoop central cause everyone has a freaking camera on their phone.

Heck I remember set leaks from the first X-Men movie back on AICN. Remember that site? ;)

They had things Magneto in costume on set and some shots of the X-Men costumes. I mean a lot of fans complained about the black leather suits. People eventually got over it when the movies came out, but it was a deal.

Heck I remember set leaks from the first X-Men movie back on AICN. Remember that site? ;)

They had things Magneto in costume on set and some shots of the X-Men costumes. I mean a lot of fans complained about the black leather suits. People eventually got over it when the movies came out, but it was a deal.
Still is, despite Singer saying verbatim "NO BLACK LEATHER" this time. :doh:

Yea I remember AICN's leaked X-men costumes way back in 2000 and how the interwebs imploded :woot:
Too bad the actual pics aren't up anymore though!

Yeah guys, internet and internet forums did exist in 2000 : D believe it or not.

Bryan, it's time to unkill Cyclops too. You owe us dude! You abandoned us for that **** sandwich Superman movie! Time to pay the piper!

My issue is that despite pulling from the comic, this should be first and foremost a First Class sequel. That means they're not going to be able to follow the comic verbatim. Nor should they.

Announcing these actors so early has me worried that they're going to have massive, massive roles in this FIRST CLASS sequel when really they should be no more than short cameos. Magneto's role in the comic was really small, and while Wolverine did have an important role, giving him the same amount of time as he got in the comic would mean having to spend almost half the movie in the future, which they really should not be aiming for.

If they make him the traveler he's going to completely dominate the whole damn film. Just like he did in X1-3. Haven't we had enough of him?

I really bloody hope not. One film is more than enough for this clusterfrig.

Your acting like this is gonna be a straight, 100% accurate adaptation.

It's not. Yeah, it's definitely based on that storyline but it will definitely be modified to fit the universe and timelines created in these movies and modified to fit the version of the story Singer has envisioned.

DOFP is still very much a sequel to FC, but it is also a sequel to the main series. We don't yet know how this will mesh. Be patient and don't freak out.

Also, as far as the casting announcement goes, just because they were announced in this early, doesn't mean they will be more or less important than any other characters.

Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence, and Hoult were announced before, though not long before (same day) McKellen and Stewart and before Hugh was confirmed to be returning. Odds are all of these will be important to the plot, but it doesn't mean they won't all have sufficient screen time.

I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:
Asking for DOFP graphic novel for Christmas :woot: going to catch up on this!

Yeah guys, internet and internet forums did exist in 2000 : D believe it or not.

For the first X-men movie, I remember (only after googling it!) that I used to be a mainstay at Corona Coming Attractions Message Boards.

For the uninitiated Superherohype.com was not around back in 2000.
The first incarnation of this website came about when the first Spider-man movie came out, and it was called Spidermanhype.com (or some variation of the spelling?)!

BTW I found the first unofficial reveal by Aint It Cool and Harry via this site (I do remember the pics differently. For one AICN ones had fancy name cards and character descriptions on the sides):

xmen24.jpg

xmen28.jpg

xmen27.jpg

xmen26.jpg

xmen25.jpg

Looking at them now I can understand the uproar...I mean look at Wolverine! :oldrazz:

Well, X1 was brilliant. There was little to worry about :woot:

It's possible to not already have Days of Future Past?

My God... :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"