Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

It took forever and a day just to get a glimpse of footage/trailer for The Wolverine. I believe that FOX has seen the material and know they've got a stinker on their hands. That's why it's not getting very much marketing or promotion. You have to remember that FOX is the KING of marketing--there is simply no studio that does it better.

I fear they are hiding The Wolverine until the last minute for a reason. :dry:

This person has seen the first 20 minutes and says it looks great...although he doesn't think it will do as well because of the fallout from the last film and the Japanese setting.

And Fox has been far from the king of marketing lately...their First Class marketing was awful.

It took forever and a day just to get a glimpse of footage/trailer for The Wolverine. I believe that FOX has seen the material and know they've got a stinker on their hands. That's why it's not getting very much marketing or promotion. You have to remember that FOX is the KING of marketing--there is simply no studio that does it better.

I wouldn't agree with that assessment entirely. They withheld First Class for so long, hell we didn't even get the first trailer for it until 3 or 4 months before it came out and that movie turned out great.

I just think Fox's marketing department sucks.

Yes, their marketing tactics for The Wolverine make absolutely no sense. They should be playing tv spots, online spots, movie tie-ins EVERYTHING right now and yet all we've gotten is a trailer.

It's just terrible. They should all be fired for their graphic design skills alone.

They could be doing a much better job of marketing The Wolverine than they currently are.

Yes, they should. This is exactly what they did for First Class.

I need a marketing job. I'd tell Fox to hire me, but I've worked for them before...and I'd sit through Spider-Man on Broadway again before I'd work for them again.

Yes, their marketing tactics for The Wolverine make absolutely no sense. They should be playing tv spots, online spots, movie tie-ins EVERYTHING right now and yet all we've gotten is a trailer.

It's just terrible. They should all be fired for their graphic design skills alone.

But that's entirely the crux of my point: if they truly had faith and believed in this film they'd be pushing it. I think the bottom line is this: Wolverine is not what they're considering as a major "tent pole" release for them.

I mean...is anyone actually creaming their pants over that trailer? :huh:

I think Fox is probably waiting for the big 3 of Iron Man 3, STID, and Man of Steel to be behind them before they heavily ramp up their marketing.

I'd argue that the Wolverine is the same as First Class. Both had their trailers extremely late, had underwhelming posters, and tv spots a few weeks before release. Also, first Class had ZERO tie ins.

I thought The Wolverine had two pretty bad ass posters. The Mondo looking inked one which is what they seem to being using everywhere, and the one were he is looking over the city kneeling with a sword. The others were pretty much crap though.

I can't wait for the first official DoFP poster. My prediction is something like this:

graves_future_past_x-men-610x214.jpg

But that's entirely the crux of my point: if they truly had faith and believed in this film they'd be pushing it. I think the bottom line is this: Wolverine is not what they're considering as a major "tent pole" release for them.

But so far they've also been leaving all of the DOFP marketing to Bryan Singer's Twitter while they're putting out all kinds of official stuff for the new Planet of the Apes movie. It's totally messed up.

I thought The Wolverine had two pretty bad ass posters. The Mondo looking inked one which is what they seem to being using everywhere, and the one were he is looking over the city kneeling with a sword. The others were pretty much crap though.

That's the one up in my theater now:

Japanposter_zps6acd7bb1.jpg

And the one I got at a convention a few weeks ago:

ctwposter_zps6e6a0953.jpg

Although the one where he's holding the sword is the wallpaper on my phone right now...

Since Rothman left the films have all gotten better, but their marketing has gotten worse. Fox used to be the trailer KINGS.

And the one I got at a convention a few weeks ago:

ctwposter_zps6e6a0953.jpg

Nice :up:

I really think that is one of the cooler and more original posters we have had this year. Stands out from everything else.

Star Trek's marketing has been brilliant. They had a promotion where they asked fans to sign up for their website and post a Star Trek-related Instagram or Vine to Twitter with a #the1701 hashtag.

I did it...and a few days later I got a package in the mail with a Star Trek Into Darkness teaser poster and a pair of 3D glasses so I could watch the trailer online in 3D. I also now get *exclusive* 1701 videos emailed to me, and apparently I can use the 3D glasses to get free popcorn at Regal theaters once the movie opens.

It was awesome! I had no idea I was getting stuff. And I'm a total Star Trek geek, so it was really cool. I checked the #1701 hashtag on Twitter, and it was all fans geeking out about getting posters.

How freaking genius is that??

Nice :up:

I really think that is one of the cooler and more original posters we have had this year.

I love that poster. When I got it, the guy at the booth did a double take at it and said, "Cool!" when he was taking it out for me.

Star Trek's marketing has been brilliant. They had a promotion where they asked fans to sign up for their website and post a Star Trek-related Instagram or Vine to Twitter with a #the1701 hashtag.

I did it...and a few days later I got a package in the mail with a Star Trek Into Darkness teaser poster and a pair of 3D glasses so I could watch the trailer online in 3D. I also now get *exclusive* 1701 videos emailed to me, and apparently I can use the 3D glasses to get free popcorn at Regal theaters once the movie opens.

It was awesome! I had no idea I was getting stuff. And I'm a total Star Trek geek, so it was really cool. I checked the #1701 hashtag on Twitter, and it was all fans geeking out about getting posters.

How freaking genius is that??
Well, Fox has never cared about fans. Haha. Thankfully, Singer certainly does. Just look at his tweets!

Well, Fox has never cared about fans. Haha. Thankfully, Singer certainly does. Just look at his tweets!

He's great! And I still love when he posted from that ice cream place that's about 15 minutes from me. :oldrazz:

Makes me wonder if he has to approve pics w/Fox before he tweets them?

Probably not. As long as he doesn't reveal too much like showing clips of the actual movie then its all good.

First Class' marketing was also poor. Like The Wolverine, the trailer came out like 3 to 4 months before the release date.

And LOL @ FOX being the king of marketing, time has changed. And Disney is the KING of marketing, even Paramount/Columbia is better with Marketing than FOX.

Well the last two big budget block busters singer directed [ Superman Returns/Giant slayer] both underperformed and received mixed to average reviews, and Superman returns was an epic disappointment to Superman fans and has been forgotten by the general public.

EDIT: Blah.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"