Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by FilmNerdJamie, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

Magneto already has the helmet though.

2. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

True, but I'm sure he'd want as close to a back up plan as possible, like wherever his lair would be, he doesn't want Xavier looking it up; Magneto is protected by his helmet, but his Brotherhood isn't.

3. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Singer will probally have Thomas Siegel film It.He Is always his DOP.Him and John Ottman(forgive me If I spelled It wrong)are very likely hires to join crew.

4. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

another solid point to take into account.

Eric is the type of character to help others with personal intentions, so they HAVE to work together to build cerebro.

And another interesting point:

Magneto have a telepath on his team now, and he could want to gain new members in the near future, so with Emma and Mystique on the brotherhood, they could have plans with Cerebro, dont you think?

5. Mulholland-Jr

The brotherhood having their own Cerebro? That would be... pretty cool.

6. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

No, lol. Eric helping Charles so he and Emma could use it in the future to get new mutants or to search for certain mutant who could be pivotal to the story.

7. Mulholland-Jr

Oh... well. That other thing was cool too. :o

8. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

well, its a great idea without doubt.

not sure Bryan will do it one day, but would be really interesting, specially if Xavier ends knowing it or not, and how he would react.

9. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Emma having her own Cerebro might be a way for her and Charles to meet and fight on the astral plane, while they are both connected to their own machines.

But it could seem odd for two Cerebros to be in existence, I don't know if it would work.

10. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

It kinda reminds me of Dark Cerebro which has already been used in X2. So I hope they don't bother to be honest. The last thing Magneto should be doing is recruiting any more mutants, with the big enough team he had at the end of FC.

The recruitment they should be focusing more on in these upcoming films is that of Cyke, Storm and to a lesser-extent Jean (if they wanted to expound on The Last Stand scene). I still would like to at least see a version of the origin scenes they were planning for X1, Scott in his highschool bathroom during prom, and Storm being picked on by other kids in Africa.

11. JP

JP Smelly

Ian McKellen does a voice over in Singer's new Jack the Giant Slayer trailer. :)

12. marvelrobbins

Great.With news that SImon Kinberg Is working on Star wars sequel I wonder If Bryan
    will bring another writer to help polish the script assuming he still wants to work on script during preproduction.

13. psyonic

psyonic X-Man

I still want to see the first time Jean's powers manifested when her friend died. Her flashback in X3 was so lame.

14. marvelrobbins

Off topic but I kinda liked the new trailer for Jack the Giant Killer.Bryan Is doing his own Lord of rings type epic here.And while some may complain about giants CGI I think this
    bodes well for having giant CGI Sentinles In DOFP.

15. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I'm all for Bryan's work on the X-men films but I did not like that trailer for Jack The Giant Slayer. I have a number of friends that have worked on Post for the film (who had bad things to say about the film) and so I've known for some time now that this was not gonna be a film would convert the "haterz."

So definitely skipping this one.

It was a pleasant surprise to hear McKellen's voice narrating though!

16. Mulholland-Jr

Sentinels > Giants

That is all. :)

17. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

there had better be real flying characters this time. no excuses...

18. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

That sucks to hear. Was kinda looking forward to it. I like how Singer has been getting more into fantasy and humor in his last couple projects.

19. ThePowerCosmic

Hell no, I think he definitely needs other mutants in the Brotherhood besides what we were left with at the end of FC. Emma and Mystique can stay, but I can do without the others.

20. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Oh I definitely agree that what we were left with at the end of FC was not a very good incarnation of The Brotherhood. But it can't be argued that that was a big group. The whole team could barely be seen thru Emma's prison doorway on that final scene in First Class LOL

They can get rid of Angel, Riptide and Azazel (and Emma...BLASPHEMY? :p ) and I really wouldn't care.

I can do without a recruitment scene for The Brotherhood, though.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  21. marvelrobbins

I have feeling the brotherhood will remain the same.Bryan Singer only cut Sabretooth and
    Toad from X2 because Stryker wass villain and they decided to replace Stryker's assistant from comics with Deathstrike.Here It's very likely to be In past X-Men VS Brotherhood.

22. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I loved the teaser and I like this one too. Its really nice to see Bryan doing something totally different. There are some great shots on the trailer, so I can imagine Bryan doing shots like those but with the apocaliptic future, and we cant deny he can do a amazing job with the x-men this time.

We hadnt this level of action and spectacle on his two x-movies, so he has definetly evolved after all these years, specially trying new things like Superman with his flying scenes and now this fantasy/adventure movie, with Giants, battles, explosions and all of that, so.... Im soo confident with Bryan this time.

23. marvelrobbins

The complaint some had with Bryan Is he always does dark and so serious films.He had lighter moments In Superman returns.He directed black humor very well In the Mockingbird lane pilot.And now with Jack the Giant Slayer does a mor elightheated fantasy adventre film.I defently think he wanted to his own fantasy adventre here.Plus for first Class fans you have Nicholas Hoult as Jack.Plus It devently looks like this Is another ensemble cast film.And just Imagne what he will be able to do with X-Men now that he has the time and Money he didn't have on first 2 films.

24. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

Actually in Pryde of the X-Men and the subsequent Arcade game based on it Emma was a part of the BH. :p

25. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd like to see more Emma. I can't tell if January Jones didn't have enough time to shine in the film, or if she's just an incredibly dull, wooden actress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.