Days of Future Past Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

was probably the disappointment of origins that didn't help first class in the box office

origins was nothing special and gave nothing to anyone to want to see more
People say the same about X3, but enough showed up to Wolverine even though it leaked and got ****** reviews. The Wolverine will prove if thats true, but I have a feeling it still will make more cash then FC.

FC had no marketable characters besides Prof X, Magneto and Mystique. Or returning actors for the audience. Thats really why it didnt do great. No doubt a sequel would have made more now that the audience is familiar.

I think it didnt help that both movies before it sucked though. But no Storm, Logan, Cyc, Rogue and Jean matterd. Its the same reason barely anyone is talking about FC actors right now.

to be fair i think if first class had got a direct sequel it would have made more then the first one did anyway

First Class was aways going to do less than the top grossing X-Men films Last Stand and X2.Origins had the thing first Class lacked HUgh jackman as wolverine.The X-Men equilvent of Robert Downey JRWithout 3-d he helped get Origins to nearly 180 Million Domestic gross.
Higher than more received Incredible Hulk and Captain America.Thor just barely with 3-d outgrossed Origins.

The Amazing Spider-Man did less than the much dreaded Spider-Man 3.

All buzz for DOFP Is about the return of bryan SInger and trilogy cast.few outside of fan forums are even talking about First Class cast.

A direct sequel was casultary of Lauren SHueller DOnnor wanting to DO DOFP and them using the sotry to get an X4 and their own Avengers epic In one film.

It's the right move. The remaining cast from the OT are in their primes. The time for a DoFP is now. The problem is they leave themselves flat for a third movie, but so be it. They saved their trump card, and that is the return of the classic roster. Still a viable option to continue this franchise assuming DoFP leaves threads open to connect the past and present. That's why X:FC did **** numbers. Coming off two terrible movies and not having any of the classic X-Men on the roster. That's a problem.

to be fair i think if first class had got a direct sequel it would have made more then the first one did anyway

I doubt it would have done that well. Not without the classic characters.

I didn't hate seeing the lesser characters they chose but there was an oddity to it that the mainstream would have found even more disconcerting that X-Men fanatics.

many many sequels do better than the first, so a FC sequel wouldnt be any different.

Specially with Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult getting bigger names now. And if the sequel had a few new cool mutants, it would surpass FC easily.

I would like if something from The Wolverine is carried over to DOFP. Like a samurai sword he can give to Kitty

was probably the disappointment of origins that didn't help first class in the box office

origins was nothing special and gave nothing to anyone to want to see more

Eh not @ all. Casual viewers probably didn't remember Origins when they decided to watch First Class.

Some people always use this excuse "X3/Origins sucked so First Class didn't do well at the box-office". Please! How do you explain why the transformers movies are successful even if they aren't that good?

Origins/First Class are spin-offs and didn't feature the original cast. Of course their box-office numbers wouldn't be as high as X3 and X2.

Last edited:
Eh not @ all. Casual viewers probably didn't remember Origins when they decided to watch First Class.

Some people always use this excuse "X3/Origins sucked so First Class didn't do well at the box-office". Please! How do you explain why the transformers movies are successful even if they aren't that good?

Origins/First Class are spin-offs and didn't feature the original cast. Of course their box-office numbers wouldn't be as high as X3 and X2.

how can you say for everyone that they didn't remember origins? obviously people are gonna watch that film and just feel like this franchise has run out of steam and when they see first class which is a prequel to certain characters they just think i have no interest in seeing this film

I doubt it would have done that well. Not without the classic characters.

I didn't hate seeing the lesser characters they chose but there was an oddity to it that the mainstream would have found even more disconcerting that X-Men fanatics.

then fox stand no chance of branching out on other comic mutant teams if everyone won't see a film because of unknown mutants

same could be said for iron man which not many people knew iron man, infact the incredible hulk should have done better because he is more known then iron man

how can you say for everyone that they didn't remember origins? obviously people are gonna watch that film and just feel like this franchise has run out of steam and when they see first class which is a prequel to certain characters they just think i have no interest in seeing this film

Well Origins wasn't on my mind when I watched the film. Its a prequel about Professor X and Magneto. People probably didn't think about Origins when they saw the trailer of First Class inside the cinemas or when they saw a poster of it.

Well Origins wasn't on my mind when I watched the film. Its a prequel about Professor X and Magneto. People probably didn't think about Origins when they saw the trailer of First Class inside the cinemas or when they saw a poster of it.

i didnt think bout origins either because i ignore things i don't like, but many casual audiences probably will think why pay to see a film if they didnt enjoy the previous one.

Infact first class actally made just under what thor did for marvel, so chances are first class might have made less because it was like a new character reboot, but doesnt change the fact i think a direct sequel would have done better

Last edited:
i didnt think bout origins either because i ignore things i don't like, but many casual audiences probably will think why pay to see a film if they didnt enjoy the previous one.

Infact first class actally made just under what thor did for marvel, so chances are first class might have made less because it was like a new character reboot, but doesnt change the fact i think a direct sequel would have done better

You mean the critics/fans didn't like the movie? Like I said before, the general public didn't find X3/Origins: Wolverine that bad. You can go to Rotten Tomatoes and see the user ratings and both of them got a fresh rating, at least 70%. Most people didn't watch First Class because it didn't have Wolverine and the other characters from the original trilogy that the general public are familiar with. The general public are more interested in watching the original cast than to see another prequel/spin-off movie that has a brand new cast.

First Class has a 87 percent rating at RT.The only X-men film higher IS X2 at 88 percent.

The Last Stand Is most sucessful film In series.The GA liked the film.Now granted some of them may say It showed the X-Men films are running out of steam.

Origins did well with GA too.

Overseas the X-Men highest box office were Last Stand,First Class,and Origins.

Also consider overseas the highest Spider-Man film was actully the much bashed Spider-Man 3And also the dark knight rises overseas was most sucessful of dark Knight trilogy.

What GA likes Isn't always what some die hard fans say on message boards.

And what the GA likes isn't always of quality either. It's based on ads, escapism, and hype in general. I don't blame them.

All buzz for DOFP Is about the return of bryan SInger and trilogy cast.few outside of fan forums are even talking about First Class cast.

I don't think that, at the moment, the buzz about DoFP extends much outside of fan forums/threads either. The director/casting news aren't really of much interest to general public and unless you follow fan sites or movie/pop culture sites you wouldn't know about this movie at all, and unless you're somehow invested in the movie all those news wouldn't mean much to you.

Like, I've been reading bits about The Dark Knight on and off throughout its production, and I'm sure that the speculation about the movie was feverish on message boards everywhere, but my care factor about the movie didn't go up until I saw the trailer. Then I got really excited to see it. Any real buzz only really starts when there actually is a movie to get buzzed about - i.e. footage, trailers etc.

Yeah, I agree. But I think with DoFP they're aiming for a movie that wouldn't just outgross First Class but would also outdo the original trilogy as well. Which, while successful, never really reached stratospheric heights, despite Hugh Jackman and the roster of the most popular characters.

And IMO to get there they'd probably need to sell the spectacle, rather than the characters. I saw a promo spot for the new Star Trek film on the local morning show, and basically all it was talking about was how this movie is what 3D was made for and all it was showing was the non-stop big-scale action. Who knows, maybe the movie is really character-driven and stuff, but that's not what that TV spot was selling.

Last edited:
Still waiting to see if Cyclops and Jean return...

Seems like the only two left.

Beast, Angel and Colossos were still Alive. They are probably easier to throw in and won't take heavy screen time.

Not really since they already died in X3.

And it should take time and a lot of development to resurrect Jean (again) and Cyclops.

Well given what we know about the general plot of the comic, the future that which the main cast will be in…the "alternate reality" implies that, depending on what is done in the past to alter the future, we could have a situation where the events of X3 never happened.

So it is plausible to have both Jean and Cyclops exist as the events in X3 would have never occured if the Brotherhood or whoever had altered the history.

Well given what we know about the general plot of the comic, the future that which the main cast will be in…the "alternate reality" implies that, depending on what is done in the past to alter the future, we could have a situation where the events of X3 never happened.

So it is plausible to have both Jean and Cyclops exist as the events in X3 would have never occured if the Brotherhood or whoever had altered the history.

I don't think that's the story they're telling with this movie. The horrible future will instead be the natural future post-X3 and something could be done in the 70s that potentially changes this. So the only alternate reality should be at the end of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"