terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/destiny-story-details-concept-art-leaked

destiny-12jpg-8430f4.jpg

destiny-35jpg-489af9-610x291.jpg

originalejud8.png

Plot description:

Our story begins seven hundred years from now in the Last City on Earth, in a Solar System littered with the ruins of man’s Golden Age. A massive, mysterious alien ship hangs overhead like a second Moon. No one knows where it came from or what it’s here for, but only that it’s our protector. Meanwhile, strange, alien monsters creep in from the edge of the universe, determined to take Earth and the Last City. We are young ‘knights’ tasked with defending the remains of humanity, discovering the source of these monsters and – eventually – overcoming it.

Concept art:

5q7CMl.jpg

cu90Zl.jpg

cLFS2l.jpg

HRCAjl.jpg

rKPhGl.jpg

XLOmkl.jpg

swqNvl.jpg

qN4c3l.jpg

More information and images (much, much larger images) at IGN.

Don't worry it happens , we can just have them merged, just ask a mod to please help. But terry's usually on the ball with this stuff.

Last edited:
sounds interesting, especially the "knight" concept. wonder if we will be able to create/customize our character........

oh, and I'm glad it's going to be multi-plat and not just an XBOX exclusive.

Just merge into the Bungie Destiny thread, I don't know.

This sounds great, though I'm sort of disappointed that it's another sci-fi game; I was hoping Bungie would try something a bit more different. But atleast the concept sounds unique.

The more Sci-Fi games the better. To many Fantasy / Medieval stuff out there

apparently it's not but what beat's them both is the overly done version of Military FPS's or just military any thing. Way more of that then Fantasy / Medieval or any other genre of games. there are good ones at times but way too much of that. But this looks cool.

Last edited:
Some additional images I found:

q6BWvl.jpg

iXHiHl.jpg

J5TEwl.jpg

P.S. I asked a mod to merge this thread with the other one.

I must have this!!!!!! It sounds really clever! It sounds like it will fit in with now as easily as Halo did in the post 9/11 world.

This game sounds very interesting. I like where Bungie is headed with this. :up:

Lot of things I like about this.
The social aspect sounds like its an MMO, or at least features multiplayer co-op. Hopefully, it's a sandbox, too; sounds like it, with all the emphasis on exploration.

I also like that it's centered around our solar system; I've always felt that the many, many worlds (including moons) in our own backyard are interesting enough for some great colonization/exploration scenarios.

I'll keep an eye on this one....looks great.

So what type of gameplay is this game going to have? First Person Shooter? Third Person Shooter? Hack n Slash? Real-Time Strategy?

This is game that was being rumored as a MMO FPS, right?

Supposedly it's going to be revealed at the VGAs.

Very interesting,It seems like a mix of Halo&Mass Effect while being an mmo or open world

artcile_3.jpg

So, our game is called Destiny.

In a matter of days, we're going to give you your first glimpse into the vision and ambition that's driving the creation of our brave new world.
To make room for the resulting chatter, we've launched some official social media channels. There’s a new Destiny page to like on Facebook, a new Destiny feed to follow on Twitter, and a new Destiny page on Google+. And, of course, we've opened a new Destiny forum here on Bungie.net where you can discuss upcoming news.
Bungie.net and our existing Bungie social channels will remain official sources for news about Destiny, Bungie, and anything else that might tickle our fancy. If you've already registered on our forums, liked our Facebook page, and been treating yourself to our sweet Tweets, you’re ready for anything.

If our brand of Bungie humor isn't your thing, and all you want is a steady stream of Destiny information, you should sign up for the new channels.

Soo... Bungie at the PS4 event confirmed?

Looking forward to seeing what this is like. Yeah, I think there's a good chance of it being feautured at the PS4 event. They're going to have to show some games and there are so few announced so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"