ILM says games to beat uncanny valley in 10 years

ILM knows what they are talking about. Cant wait to see where games are in 10 years.

The comment about games needing to be photorealistic to be emotional seems wrong and lazy to me. Surely it helps, but there are tons of animated films that are more emotional than most live action films. The ability to craft story and characters that are emotional is a separate challenge altogether.

Agree with TheBat.

It'll be nice to have games looking that good but it also just makes me worry that we're advancing too fast into a cost-heavy environment.

I think that he is refering to "LA Noire" kinda of emotional... Being more photorealistic opens new kinds of gameplay and genres... Imagine in 10 years!

But LA Moore's realistic face gimmick wore off rather quickly and the game became very repetitive and awful

But LA Moore's realistic face gimmick wore off rather quickly and the game became very repetitive and awful

But it wasnt because of the visuals, it was just poor design overall. As others have said, there are animated films that are considered to be great but there arent any animated films being considered along side a Citizen Kane. As long as games keep looking like 'games' they wont surpass films. Of course its not the end all be all, but visuals go a long long way. Its much easier to relate to a more human looking character than it is an animated one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"