Burnout Paradise - Driving to pefection

Want even more?

Thanks to a friend of mine, here is the in-game message from CG

Slotting in soon after the Party pack, Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials, comes another premium pack - Cops and Robbers. This one’s dedicated to bringing you the thrills and spills of cops and robbers car chases in Paradise City.

We’re keeping details of the pack under wraps for a little longer, but here are the first ever screen shots to keep you going! Check these stunning high resolution at www.criteriongames.com and on Sony’s excellent PlayStation Blog from Monday (9th February 2009)

http://www.autogaming.net/pc/2495/burnout-paradise-new-pack-announced/

If the release of the Party Pack wasn't enough for you, we've got more!

Today, we're proud to announce a brand new pack for 2009.

But, you'll have to head for the pages of the all new Criterion Games Network in Burnout Paradise on PS3 or PC to find out about this one.

See you there!
http://www.criteriongames.com/index.php
3258794394_3bc253acd1_o.png

Last edited:
Is this not available for the 360?

I would think so. It is weird that it's only on a Sony blog and the Criterion site. However, it was only announced in the In-Game "Network" for the PC and PS3 because the 360 does not have access to a browser and does not have this network.

Last edited:
How do I restart a race? I pressed right on the D-pad, it asked me if I want to restart, and I tried several buttons but none of them seemed to give me the restart.

How do I restart a race? I pressed right on the D-pad, it asked me if I want to restart, and I tried several buttons but none of them seemed to give me the restart.

I think you just press right on the dpad again once you've highlighted 'restart race' if I'm remembering correctly.

Highlight restart last event and press right on the d-pad, then scroll down to restart and press right again.

Highlight restart last event and press right on the d-pad, then scroll down to restart and press right again.

Thanks guys for the help.

I must say I really love the restart option. I was having difficulty with a few courses, and one took me about 10 times to win (always got hit at the worst time). Without this restart option I probably would've quitted. Now I've gotten my A License and working toward Burnout License, and this game seems fun again.

Btw, I noticed that they took out the Sponsors cheat, but fortunately I entered the code before 1.6 and I got my BestBuy and Gamestop cars when I got my A License. Dunno why they took it out.

Hey guys. Great to be back on the blog, and we’ve got lots to tell you about.

We released our first premium content for Burnout Paradise – the Party Pack !

Our Freeburn online play is a cool way to hang out with your online friends, but we wanted to give you a way to play PlayStation, when your friends comes to visit. The game supports up to 8-players for pass-the-pad single-screen action.

You can find out more on the Criterion Games Network. We’re now making use of PlayStation’s in-game browser to bring you all the latest news direct from the Burnout team.

3258229217_86c440b00d.jpg

Party is our first premium-quality content for Burnout Paradise. It’s available now from the PlayStation Store for $9.99. And if you can’t bear to stop playing Burnout, you can also pick it up from our own Burnout Store within the game.

If you’re new to Burnout, you can now get the whole game bundled with all our 2008 updates and the Party Pack on the PlayStation Store for $29.99.

You can hit this link to see the team playing a session in our latest video podcast – Crash TV.

And finally, we used the Criterion Network to bring Burnout players exclusive news of a new pack for 2009.

Slotting in soon after the Party pack, Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials, comes another premium pack - Cops and Robbers. This one’s dedicated to bringing you the thrills and spills of cops and robbers car chases in Paradise City.

We’re keeping the gameplay under wraps for the moment, but in the meantime here are the first images in all their glory.

3259059740_24ac09fdb3.jpg

3259059710_7c7a206360.jpg
http://blog.us.playstation.com/

This police car can probably catch any crook since it looks like it can get from 0 to 100 in six seconds. :wow:

Btw, I hope the police chase won't be too similar to Marked Man events. The cops should be able to have a chance to capture you without the need to make your crash into things.

Yeah, I'm worried about that too.

I am 20 events away from my Elite License, then I'll get all the smashes and such while waiting for Big Surf Island.

This police car can probably catch any crook since it looks like it can get from 0 to 100 in six seconds. :wow:

Btw, I hope the police chase won't be too similar to Marked Man events. The cops should be able to have a chance to capture you without the need to make your crash into things.

How would they capture you, though?

Maybe they could set up roadblocks that force you to take alternate routes or something?

What's the strategy of completing Stunt events? I always hate those events, and right now I just can't find a way to accumulate 62k points in only 2 minutes. I figure that unless I can do this event, I will never get the Elite License. Any help is appreciated.

The best place I found to do 62k is in White Mountain. Head to the Observatory, and theres a road that leads to two high drops that land you on the I-88. Just flatspin yourself, and coupled with the airtime and 1-2 billboards you smash thorugh, it's a piece of cake.

Also, has anyone bought the party pack? Any good? Worth buying?

What's the strategy of completing Stunt events? I always hate those events, and right now I just can't find a way to accumulate 62k points in only 2 minutes. I figure that unless I can do this event, I will never get the Elite License. Any help is appreciated.

What you need to do is drive to one of the places that are best for stunt run, the quarry, the airport, the bridge way down south. Spend most of your time limit getting to these places, and if time is about to run out, just keep tapping your boost to reset the combo meter.

http://www.criteriongames.com/podcast/index.php?episode=14 This video helped me with a really good route. I got 2 million and the Millionaire's Club Achievement thanks to this video.

You're going to crash, a lot, and have to start over again, but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. Just remember that Stunt Run is not about speed, don't try to race around like a maniac.

Also, towards the end of my Stunt Runs, it only started with 40 seconds on the clock to get like 500,000. I did a bunch during the early parts of the game so it was probably higher then it could have been, but that's what I had to deal with in order to get the Elite License.

What you need to do is drive to one of the places that are best for stunt run, the quarry, the airport, the bridge way down south. Spend most of your time limit getting to these places, and if time is about to run out, just keep tapping your boost to reset the combo meter.

http://www.criteriongames.com/podcast/index.php?episode=14 This video helped me with a really good route. I got 2 million and the Millionaire's Club Achievement thanks to this video.

You're going to crash, a lot, and have to start over again, but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. Just remember that Stunt Run is not about speed, don't try to race around like a maniac.

Also, towards the end of my Stunt Runs, it only started with 40 seconds on the clock to get like 500,000. I did a bunch during the early parts of the game so it was probably higher then it could have been, but that's what I had to deal with in order to get the Elite License.

Thanks for the help you guys. I didn't know I can reset the combo meter, because I always ran out of time by the time I got to places that I can points from. I'll check the video and hopefully it'll help me because I'm tired of avoiding Stunt events.

I think the best place is along the bridge by Lone Stallion Ranch going east. There are tons of jumps there which easily add to your mulitplier score

Last edited:
I think the best place is along the bridge by Lone Stallion Ranch going east. There are tons of jumps there which easily add to your mulitplayer score

Start at the quarry, do some jumps in there, move out and do that huge jump off the cliff to the bridge, then do all the bridge jumps. It's by far the best route.

Thanks for the help you guys. I didn't know I can reset the combo meter, because I always ran out of time by the time I got to places that I can points from. I'll check the video and hopefully it'll help me because I'm tired of avoiding Stunt events.

Yeah, the circle at the top of the screen slowly fills with red, when it fills with red your combo is over. By tapping the boost it refills, just keep doing that in between jumps etc.. And as long as your in the middle of a combo, running out of time doesn't matter, once you lose or end that combo then the run is over.

Maybe we play as the Police. That'd be more interesting. Kind of like when you had a car to Shutdown and you had to find and chase it.

I just found all the smashes/billboards/jumps. I just have to own all the roads and I'll get the platinum paint job.

I'm getting close to all the billboards and and smashes. Roughly 100/120 and 380/400 respectively.

What is the platinum paintjob?

I'm getting close to all the billboards and and smashes. Roughly 100/120 and 380/400 respectively.

What is the platinum paintjob?

When you get the Elite License, you get the gold paintjob, so your cars can be all gold. When you get 100% complete you get platinum, so they can all be platinum/silver.

Finding all of the smashes and such wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Much easier then Hidden Packages in GTA. Especially with the recent update that makes the billboards and smashes more flashy.

Finally got my Burnout License, but I need to win all 120 events to get Elite and that task sounds very daunting. For those who have Elite License, how hard is it? I esp. hate the Stunt events and having to complete all the Stunts in order to get Elite doesn't sound like fun to me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"