World Burton's Concept Art

Noir

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.bamkapow.com/gallery.phtml?gk=9

Some of it is nice, but.. I'm having trouble telling if thats supposed to be Metropolis or something else because it looks like Coruscant. :csad:

I like the designs for the Brainiac ship though. Discuss!

51-doomsday01.jpg

52-doomsday02.jpg

Use the head on the right (top), continue the spike motifs on his chin down along this body, and give him a proper right arm and I'd say we'd have a decent-looking Doomsday.

59-skullship01.jpg

If they play up the "Kryptonian AI" angle, they could crystallize the understructure of this thing.

66-supersuit01.jpg

*koff*Bizarro*koff*...

I have always that Doomsday design, just don't know how they would have pulled it off back in the day though.

I have never cared for his Superman designs though. I understand the part of the story where he is powerless and healing or what have you, but there's no need to make him look like a zombie

And Noir, I am with you..I can't tell about the city. I wonder if that was supposed to be Krypton from like a flashback or something.

I believe its supposed to be Metropolis because you can see the goofy roads and **** on earth in the picture with Supes and Lois.

Good point.

Wonder if they were going for something like the comics did once where Braniac transforms the city with all of this futuristic tech.

Those concepts do look very interesting. With someone other than Nic Cage as Superman it would have been an experience. Not necessarily a Superman we are all use to or probably would want, but definitely a unique film.

yeah it would have.. I read the Smith script and Brainiac didn't transform the city, but he may have in Burton's draft.

Only one thing could have been worse than Singer's Superman and that's Burton's Superman.

Correction:
Superman Returns was the best thing we could have possibly gotten out of any of the previous attempts, its the most faithful..
Burton's comes 2nd to Superman Returns, then comes Superman Reborn, the comes Superman V: The New Movie (the Salkind's one) and then comes Superman: Flyby (J.J. Abrams's movie.)

...How do you "'s" Abrams anyway? Would it be Abrami?
hmm.

The Doomsday looks like a more monsterous Parasite

Here is so more from James Carson's site. I haven't seen some of these before.

01_sm.jpg

02_sm.jpg

03_sm.jpg

05_sm.jpg

07_sm.jpg

08_sm.jpg

I really like the Daily planet design. The rest of Metropolis that is shown in that small pictures looks a little like the Animated series, which is cool.

Agreed.. the planet build is the only thing that doesn't look like something from Bioshock and even then.. it does kind of.

Awesome website from Mr. Carson there.Some of those are new to me.:up:

The Daily Planet and Metropolis looks very modern as opposed to Singer's art deco designs.

Seeing Superman's insides and veins....meh.:o

Warners really should release some sort of dvd and/or coffee table book with all the behind the scenes footage, photos and preproduction art from the aborted movies.

Awesome website from Mr. Carson there.Some of those are new to me.:up:

The Daily Planet and Metropolis looks very modern as opposed to Singer's art deco designs.

Seeing Superman's insides and veins....meh.:o

Warners really should release some sort of dvd and/or coffee table book with all the behind the scenes footage, photos and preproduction art from the aborted movies.
That'd be awesome.. Maybe we could finally get those Nic Cage costume fitting pictures.

Yeah, you don't know how much I want to see Nic Cage's pictures. I can't remember who it was, but someone here saw it and sait it looked terrible. Anyway, your pic is my favorite concept art from Superman Lives, Noir. ;)

thats my favorite too.. Gives me a real Moebius vibe to it.

Ok I'm confused now maybe someone can enlighten me. Ok, was the Dan Gilroy Superman Lives draft the last script written when Tim Burton was still on the project or was it written after? If it was written after then was it the Wesley Strick Draft that he was going to use for his film?

This is a link to the Dan Gilroy Draft:
http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/supermanlives-20Sep98.pdf

I think Gilroy was after Burton left.

No, Dan Gilroy's draft was the last that was written with Tim Burton on board to direct.

http://www.bamkapow.com/gallery.phtml?gk=9

Some of it is nice, but.. I'm having trouble telling if thats supposed to be Metropolis or something else because it looks like Coruscant. :csad:

I like the designs for the Brainiac ship though. Discuss!

Looks like it is supposed to be Krypton after all.

His site has been updated with more photos and here is a link to the story on SHP: http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4704

Would have loved to have seen that Krypton on screen, it looks amazing.

Looks like it is supposed to be Krypton after all.

His site has been updated with more photos and here is a link to the story on SHP: http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4704

Would have loved to have seen that Krypton on screen, it looks amazing.

Yeah it's Krypton, but they are not the designs from the Superman Lives project that Tim Burton was going to direct. These are from the Abrams, McG, and Ratner Superman Flyby Project. It even says that they are designs for Jor-El Palace, which in Abrams script I think Jor-El was a king or something.

Yeah it's Krypton, but they are not the designs from the Superman Lives project that Tim Burton was going to direct. These are from the Abrams, McG, and Ratner Superman Flyby Project. It even says that they are designs for Jor-El Palace, which in Abrams script I think Jor-El was a king or something.

Thanks for the info. They really need to release a book or documentary about all of these failed projects. It's is really something else to read about.

Who wants to make a documentary about all the aborted projects with me :o

Yeah I would love to see a documentary or book about the Aborted projects. I would love to see pictures of Nic Cage as Superman and the sets they constructed for these movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"