BvS BvS: Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why having a spoiler thread so early is stupid. Way too much confusion. Should have waited till tomorrow at least.

I missed all the chaos. So... a guy I had on my ignore list posted a spoiler & now he's gone.

This is why having a spoiler thread so early is stupid. Way too much confusion. Should have waited till tomorrow at least.

Trust me, the spoiler thread was needed. It would be 1000x worse if that thread didn't exist.

I seen the spoiler.. im seeing the movie tomorrow, so Ive been doing a great job of avoiding spoilers.. It didnt ruin anything for me just wish i didnt see it ugh

Do not post spoilers in here.

Do not quote posts that post spoilers in here.

Do not ask what the spoiled post said and expect an answer to it.

Posting it again to get the message across.

Last edited:
Damn. Then props to you.

I am glad I didn't see it then.

The "NO SPOILERS" rule doesn't always work I guess because people will end up, even accidentally, posting a spoiler.

I can't play around in these forums anymore because I was this close to being spoiled.

Thanks. Maybe I'm cynical, but I don't for one second believe it was an accident. The dude has been trolling this whole time and went for one last hurrah before the movie is out.

Would post this in the spoiler section but then I'd have to 'be in the spoiler' thread. shutter. Perhaps best to here as something to consider.
Why are there some that haven't seen the movie that are seeking out spoilers? I assume the banned user hasn't seen the movie yet he seems to have wanted to know what he knew.

What I don't really understand is why people want to seek out spoilers in the first place. This talk about asking for PM's and all the 'un initiated' that are roaming the spoiler dedicated thread...I mean wasn't there some truth to the rhetoric that WB did wrong by letting cats out of the beg with 'trailer 2'? That knowing doomsday is in this somehow hurt things? Now there are people that actually want more and or all of it? Strange.

As fans we do go in into alot of this stuff knowing 'it all', From uncle ben to who a young dick grayson is going to become vs the audience member who literally doesn't know the what or why or how of young bruce wayne but see's it for the first time(me watching 89 movie). Book lovers walk into adaptations almost literally there for execution more than anything else, half of the game of thrones viewership knows everything and loves the show all the more for it. But still...this hunger from some to find out spoilers though..

The ones giving out the reviews saw the film 'cold', their score is based on that experience, they then give you their 'review' complete with these spoilers and somehow your experience is somehow going to measure up to theirs? Nah, your review(and experience) then exists in a whole other paradigm I think, maybe even a better for one for there is something to be said for coveted 'second viewing'. Still, one where the [BLACKOUT]epic death of the 10[/BLACKOUT] leads, hits you from a place of knowing vs the other way...and thus yet another reason as to why reviews aren't indicative of greater quality but rather personal reads imo.

Kinda sucks for the people that have stuff spoiled for them. They don't even get the choice. Is what it is though. There are some that have just decided to sign out for the week.

This. So. Much.

I went to click on this thread and i accidently clicked on the infamous spoilers thread, and i think that Snark spoiled something there aswell in the first post i see.

I hate that thread so much. :cmad:

Thanks. Maybe I'm cynical, but I don't for one second believe it was an accident. The dude has been trolling this whole time and went for one last hurrah before the movie is out.

Yea it seemed like it was on purpose , very nonchalant post, like hey ppl keep talking about this but what about this ..smh

I missed the spoiler fiasco thankfully. Sorry to anyone who didn't. Hopefully it wasn't a big one. At least Snark is gone though.

Would post this in the spoiler section but then I'd have to 'be in the spoiler' thread. shutter. Perhaps best to here as something to consider.
Why are there some that haven't seen the movie that are seeking out spoilers? I assume the banned user hasn't seen the movie yet he seems to have wanted to know what he knew.

What I don't really understand is why people want to seek out spoilers in the first place. This talk about asking for PM's and all the 'un initiated' that are roaming the spoiler dedicated thread...I mean wasn't there some truth to the rhetoric that WB did wrong by letting cats out of the beg with 'trailer 2'? That knowing doomsday is in this somehow hurt things? Now there are people that actually want more and or all of it? Strange.

As fans we do go in into alot of this stuff knowing 'it all', From uncle ben to who a young dick grayson is going to become vs the audience member who literally doesn't know the what or why or how of young bruce wayne but see's it for the first time(me watching 89 movie). Book lovers walk into adaptations almost literally there for execution more than anything else, half of the game of thrones viewership knows everything and loves the show all the more for it. But still...this hunger from some to find out spoilers though..

The ones giving out the reviews saw the film 'cold', their score is based on that experience, they then give you their 'review' complete with these spoilers and somehow your experience is somehow going to measure up to theirs? Nah, your review(and experience) then exists in a whole other paradigm I think, maybe even a better for one for there is something to be said for coveted 'second viewing'. Still, one where the [BLACKOUT]death of the ten[/BLACKOUT] leads, hits you from a place of knowing vs the other way...and thus yet another reason as to why reviews aren't indicative of greater quality but rather personal reads imo.

Kinda sucks for the people that have stuff spoiled for them. They don't even get the choice. Is what it is though. There are some that have just decided to sign out for the week.

This is the age of instant gratification and extreme opinions. Kinda sad, but completely justifies the need for embargo and NDAs.

Cool. And let me know the name of the account you sign up as next so I can just go ahead and block that one.

Yeah, he'll undoubtedly come back one way or another. They always do.

wow i think i may have to go ninja, spoiler trolls are out. Will only get worse after the fan screening.

all I want from people that see it first is a general reaction...maybe # out of 10... maybe a comparison of rating against other previous films like MOS, IM CA etc...

No details... yet.

I missed the spoiler fiasco thankfully. Sorry to anyone who didn't. Hopefully it wasn't a big one. At least Snark is gone though.

It wasn't a big one. If you happen to have seen the trailers you'll already know it

It wasn't a big one. If you happen to have seen the trailers you'll already know it

It was a pretty huge one, I think you're seeing the edited post. What he revealed was a big big huge plot point that would (in theory) ruin the ending for anybody that hasn't seen it.

Whew... By some miracle I didn't see it. Mine field.

kguillou... Just hold on a few more days. This is gonna be worth it.

The ones giving out the reviews saw the film 'cold', their score is based on that experience, they then give you their 'review' complete with these spoilers and somehow your experience is somehow going to measure up to theirs? Nah, your review(and experience) then exists in a whole other paradigm I think, maybe even a better for one for there is something to be said for coveted 'second viewing'. Still, one where the [BLACKOUT]epic death of the 10[/BLACKOUT] leads, hits you from a place of knowing vs the other way...and thus yet another reason as to why reviews aren't indicative of greater quality but rather personal reads imo.

Spoilers are a thing. Some can't help it and must know immediately, others feel it enhances their first viewing. Sometimes you don't pick up on things in the first movie because it happens too fast or everything is overwhelming. Being spoiled makes your first viewing kind of like your 1.5 viewing. You know what to expect, you know where the story is going so you can soak it all in and have better comprehension while seeing it the first time.

Different strokes for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"