BvS The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought this over from the All Things thread:

Mindblown! What if the vision is of a Post-Apocalyptic future where Darkseid conquered Earth and Superman is leading the military to war against him. Superman is going to do something Batman disapproves of and travels to Superman's army base to convince him to do otherwise, but is attacked by his soldiers and then the parademons attack.

I think Superman is full on super Parademon in that "vision" scene.

I've got to be honest, I don't really feel like those are Parademons. Sure, they could pass as them but I just don't feel like that fits.

I'm still 99.999% certain that is just a Bruce Wayne nightmare that is just his worst fears. With Superman a "god" this is a symbolic plague of locus.

I still ask... Why an obviously extended sequence (it's shaping to be more than ten minutes minimum) when illustrating Bruce's fears in a dream could take half the time with some hazy imagery and quick cuts? No... This is more than just like Stark's quick vision in AOU.

I've got to be honest, I don't really feel like those are Parademons. Sure, they could pass as them but I just don't feel like that fits.

I'm still 99.999% certain that is just a Bruce Wayne nightmare that is just his worst fears. With Superman a "god" this is a symbolic plague of locus.

So why is Bruce dreaming of these flying insect looking things? Without them, you'd have legs to stand on. With them, you're kinda like John Locke once Ben Linus kicked the chair out from under you.

attacking both him and Superman's army?

Well, about that:

If it is representative of what Batman fears most, a Superman who would enslave humanity, would Superman care about his own followers when he unleashes his locus army?

We see other people in the dungeon with Batman. Maybe those are who the locus' are attacking? I haven't framed by framed it.

Maybe they aren't even a literal army but just symbolic of his presence. They come flying in, snatching people with their glowing red eyes. They don't care who you are or what you do, they just come for you.

Dreams don't always follow a logical plot lines. Sometimes weird things happen. And Zack Snyder loves himself some yellow toned dream sequences with intense imagery.

So why is Bruce dreaming of these flying insect looking things? Without them, you'd have legs to stand on. With them, you're kinda like John Locke once Ben Linus kicked the chair out from under you.

Like I said, they are symbolic. If Superman is "God" than these are a plague of locus.

I still think the things you see in his "dream" are the rumoured Bat-drones that Bruce calls to assist in taking down the militants. Also, to Krypton Inc.'s point, it doesn't have to be a quick vision, dream time doesn't follow real time so you could have this be Bruce's dream when he's asleep.

I still ask... Why an obviously extended sequence (it's shaping to be more than ten minutes minimum) when illustrating Bruce's fears in a dream could take half the time with some hazy imagery and quick cuts? No... This is more than just like Stark's quick vision in AOU.

Why an extended vision sequence showing a possible future in a post-Apokolips Earth with an evil-looking Superman against Batman?

I doubt this sequence will be that long. Five minutes.

Like I said, they are symbolic. If Superman is "God" than these are a plague of locus.

Yeah, sorry. Can't get behind that. Make them look like locust then, not the main minions of a much speculated followup villain.

Are they?

You can see one here grabbing on of the S-Troopers

12341098_10152796263099364_5429169254685785823_n.jpg

There is literally no chance that sequence is 10 minutes or longer.

Yeah, sorry. Can't get behind that. Make them look like locust then, not the main minions of a much speculated followup villain.

*shrugs* We'll see I guess. I really don't see how they look like Parademons personally. No armor (as far as I can tell), too thin, insect wings instead of leather wings/jet packs. Even when Snyder's visual style goes off model in the details, he's pretty good about making the character look recognizable.

If they are Parademons and this is a vision of the future (which doesn't explain Superman's aggressive attitude or Batman's fear of him) then I'll eat crow.

But I think I'm right. I think this is just a dream sequence and these aren't anything but just symbolic of Batman's fear of Superman as a god.

[YT]7NOaXngLk5k[/YT]
I never thought that the scene they were filming here was for Doomsday.
tumblr_nyroe6crUu1tw9yl5o2_400.gif

*shrugs* We'll see I guess. I really don't see how they look like Parademons personally. No armor (as far as I can tell), too thin, insect wings instead of leather wings/jet packs. Even when Snyder's visual style goes off model in the details, he's pretty good about making the character look recognizable.

If they are Parademons and this is a vision of the future (which doesn't explain Superman's aggressive attitude or Batman's fear of him) then I'll eat crow.

But I think I'm right. I think this is just a dream sequence and these aren't anything but just symbolic of Batman's fear of Superman as a god.

Parademons have had various looks over the years

You can see one here grabbing on of the S-Troopers

12341098_10152796263099364_5429169254685785823_n.jpg

I'm thinking these things are robots Batman has built to take on Superman, similar to those bots he used in Kingdom Come.

I'm thinking these things are robots Batman has built to take on Superman, similar to those bots he used in Kingdom Come.

Lets be honest. If Batman builds something...they'd be Batlike

Batman-Drones-in-Kingdom-Come-.jpg

Yes, but usually as big, armored guys with jet packs and small, non-insect looking wings.

wonder-woman-parademon-justice-league-war-640x320.jpe

It's a stretch, but I get the same vibe from the JL:War parademons and these from the vision evoke the same kind of imagery.

Yes, but usually as big, armored guys with jet packs and small, non-insect looking wings.

nope

This is what they looked like in Superfriends and the early comics

Parademons.jpg

That trailer got me like :mrk:. The future vision/nightmare or whatever it is looks absolutely gorgeous. The fight between Batman and Supes in the rain looks phenomenal. The trio looks great. Not sure about the inclusion of Doomsday (if that actually is him), but will wait till I see the film to make any judgement.

Completely off-topic, but I really should post here more often if I ever want to get an avvy that's actually comprehensible :csad:.

nope

This is what they looked like in Superfriends and the early comics

Parademons.jpg

That's why I said "usually". Maybe Zack Snyder looked back to 40 years ago but I really doubt it. I really don't think they are parademons.

Also, I looked really closely as I could at that scene, that doesn't look like one of the Superman soldiers he's picking up. Their outfits are really dark, almost if not actually black. That guy's outfit looks grey and more ragged (although that might be the motion blur).

But whatever. If I'm wrong, then fine, I'll be the first to admit it, but I don't think I am. Its not worth arguing over because I'm sure no one will remember when the movie comes out.

Lets be honest. If Batman builds something...they'd be Batlike

Batman-Drones-in-Kingdom-Come-.jpg

Probably, but in this post-apocalyptic dream/vision/whatever, even BATMAN doesn't look all that bat-like (trenchcoat, goggles, no cape). Also, it's hard to tell what's happening there but it looked to me like the winged things were fighting the super-soldiers, so that's what made me think they were Batman's allies. Not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"