BvS WareHouse Fight vs. Daredevil Stairwell fight

Its because those are two completely separate issues. One is a matter of impossibility: Superman can do the impossible. Okay. This is basic "the world is not our world" suspension of disbelief.

The other is the matter of execution. They say what Batman is: a cinematic, unrealistically skilled but "normal" human. They give contextualization of what this means. This is all fine. And then he grapple line throws a crate, and it doesn't look right. Its not that we cannot believe a comic book superhero could be strong enough to fling a crate; we totally can. Its that it doesn't look like an unrealistically strong human flinging a crate. The crate doesn't look like its a crate-shaped and weighted object being launched via a strong main swinging it from a line. It looks like it has barely any weight at all, and is moving in ways that don't connect with the way the man is swinging the line.

Basically, even if Batman were supposed to be an outright superhuman, this *still* looks bad, because a super strong superhero would still not throw a crate in the way it looked here.

While I'm not sure I agree that they are separate issues I do think that you're right that execution of the impossible is key.

In B v S, the crate looks like it's either CGI or more likely is empty, and made of very lightweight wood, launched by an air ram, rather than swung by a strong guy.

Interestingly, the truck flip in TDK would be impossible the way Batman did it (with the cables) but because it was done with practical effects (a boost from underneath) it does look realistic enough that we swallow it. Basically, it looks like a truck being flipped would look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"