CA sucks!

I use my own bags whenever possible anyways. They are biodegradable ones that hold a lot more weight than those flimsy plastic bags do. I have stuffed two 8 packs of canned soda water in them with a box of laundry detergent and whatever other groceries would fit and still not stress the bag to breaking despite being only slightly larger in volume to a plastic bag.

California is somewhere I have wanted to visit but the housing prices especially in urban areas make me think living there might be too much to handle.

Where do you live? How much are like 1 bed room apartments around where you live? Where I live in CA most 1 bed room apartments are 1000 a month and cheapest are like 750. I have always hated paper bags my self. Paper bags old more them selfs with out the bag its self breaking then plastic but the handles break a lot even with very little in them so its way easier to carry in plastic. I wasnt expecting the bag thing to be brought up lol.

Well I think it's all overblown. Not to mention, putting a tax (basically what it really is) on plastic bags isn't going to get people to stop using them en masse.

I kind of agree but kind of disagree. So many items come in plastic bags them self or plastic containers and paper is not good either has you got to cut down trees and its more like the plastic rings off soda cans that cases issues in the other then just bags. I do think its just a way to get more money but the funny thing is back at the begging of like 2016 it was supposed to be agest the law to not charge a prop as even past for all of CA yet some places like one of the stories I go to dont charge because rather then a state thing it became more like a city/contry thing or something. So I guess if a state passes something there are still ways it may get out of it. I disagree about people still using them. I think charge people will not use them any more has who wants to give away more money even if its not a lot and you known like any thing it will only go up. 10 cents now it will end up being 20 at some point in time.

Where do you live? How much are like 1 bed room apartments around where you live? Where I live in CA most 1 bed room apartments are 1000 a month and cheapest are like 750.

Around Portland a lot of studio apartments are starting at about $1000 on up.

What part of CA do you love in? I ask because some people I know are paying anywhere from $1500 to $2000 for a one bedroom apartment. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Around Portland a lot of studio apartments are starting at about $1000 on up.

What part of CA do you love in? I ask because some people I know are paying anywhere from $1500 to $2000 for a one bedroom apartment. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I live in a smaller town that has about 13000 people. I think when you bring up the 1500-200 for a apartment you are talking about bay area. I dont known how much minimum wage is in the pay area compared to the 12 a hour that is CA minimum wage. With 12 minimum wage if you work full time you make like 2060 but of course that is before tax. They say you should only pay 30% before taxes towards rent and with minimum wage that would only be 618 a month.

SCU are upset by this thread :cwink:

Parts of Arizona, Nevada and Oregon have a lot of Cali transplants I hear.

SCU are upset by this thread :cwink:

Parts of Arizona, Nevada and Oregon have a lot of Cali transplants I hear.

Big time! I myself am a CA transplant but I moved to get away from all the BS but should have done my homework a bit more 6 years ago because I had no idea just how many others were moving up to the Pacific Northwest. I'm about to try and find somewhere else I might like to live.

And just got a text that pge may turn the power of again tomorrow and it just rained like 2 days ago. Second time in a few weeks if they and there is a area like 15 minutes from me that would be the 3erd time in like a month.

Big time! I myself am a CA transplant but I moved to get away from all the BS but should have done my homework a bit more 6 years ago because I had no idea just how many others were moving up to the Pacific Northwest. I'm about to try and find somewhere else I might like to live.

So dont go to orgeon i got it lol

So kind of have a eye on St George Utah. I think once the year ends and I should have my AA finished that I will start looking for a job there and apartments and such. Any one live there or have lived there before?

Isn't an eathquake supposed to happen over there to bring down the population? :o

That way the rest of us can get jobs.:cwink:

California sounds really like an expensive to place live in. I've watched videos of this online because of this thread, and $1,000 a month for a shared studio apartment is wayyyy expensive, especially if you have plenty of other stuff to pay for. I'm guessing, you also need your own car while living in LA for transportation and errands?

California sounds really like an expensive to place live in. I've watched videos of this online because of this thread, and $1,000 a month for a shared studio apartment is wayyyy expensive, especially if you have plenty of other stuff to pay for. I'm guessing, you also need your own car while living in LA for transportation and errands?

I dont live in La live in a small town of about 12000 people but yes a 1 bed room apartment cost like 1000 some times more the cheapest you can find is like 800. If you look at minimum wage that is 13 a hour once we get to 2020 right now it is 12 a hour they are upping minimum wage by 1 a hour right now for several years un till it hits 15. It started in 2018 when they raised it from 10-11 then 2019 it went from 11 to 12. 2020 it will be 13 2021 it will be 14 and then 2022 it will be 15. If you look at the minimum wage of 13 a hour if you go by the idea that you should only spend 30% of your money towards rent before taxes that means you should only be paying 655 per month on rent. 1000 in rent is about 46%. I make minimum wage but I am in a low income apartment so I am only paying 515 a month but with minimum wage going up in just under 2 months that will likely go up to. Its not just rent though its also the price of other stuff to. For example gas is about 4 a hour when I was looking at Utah and the part I might go to its only like 2.7 a gallon. I also remember several years back I think like 4 years ago I was hearing about how some places in USA where only like 1.50 a gallon its been like 16 years sense gas was that cheap where I am in CA lol. I do have a car and a good amount of money saved up. I have a lot of money saved because the first like 5 years post highschool I didn't have my drivers linces yet and so I was taking the bus to school. So not having to pay for a car or insurance or gas and matnices etc I was able to save up a lot of money. Most of that money will go towards a new car when I need a new one. I have a older car 1999 car about 159000 miles on it have only put about 53000 on it so far my self. I had to have the transmission replaced a few years back and so having to spend that much to fix it I am hoping I can at least get to 200000 miles on the car before I have to get a new one. I dont drive far that often. I have only had my linces for just a little over 7 years. So around 53000 miles in 7 years so only drive like 7000-8000 miles a year.

Psylockolussus like how much do things cost where you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"