Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14868

Source: Variety
June 6, 2006

cagedangerous.jpg

Nicolas Cage is set to star in Bangkok Dangerous, a remake of the 1999 Thai film that will be helmed by the original's directors, Oxide Pang Chun and Danny Pang.

Variety says shooting begins in August in Asia, with Initial Entertainment Group financing.

Cage will play a cold-blooded hit man who heads to Bangkok to pull off four jobs, and winds up falling in love with a local girl and bonding with his errand boy.

Jason Richman (Bad Company) wrote the script. Blue Star Pictures partners William Sherak and Jason Shuman produce with Cage's Saturn partner Norm Golightly and Initial's Graham King. Initial controls worldwide distribution rights.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16610

Coup Interrupts Filming of Bangkok Dangerous
Source: The Associated Press
September 21, 2006

Thailand's military coup this week interrupted filming of Nicolas Cage's new movie, Bangkok Dangerous, a remake of the 1999 Thai film being helmed by the original's directors, Oxide Pang Chun and Danny Pang.

The film was being shot in Bangkok. When news of the coup on Tuesday night reached the crew, Cage was sent back to his hotel. Crew members remained on the set to keep an eye on prop guns until Cage persuaded the producer to send everyone home.

Cage plays a cold-blooded hit man who heads to Bangkok to pull off four jobs, and winds up falling in love with a local girl and bonding with his errand boy.

Filming was scheduled to be completed next month, but may be delayed by the coup, which saw the military overthrow of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra
How inconsiderate :p

Could be good, liking the retro vibe I'm gettting from it. Don't know if it's intentional or not, but looks like a classic 80s type film.

Another thing is though I haven't seen the film this is based on- this is definitely good news: "a remake of the 1999 Thai film being helmed by the original's directors"

his forehead just gets bigger and bigger :(

I hate when Cage grows out his hair like that, sounds kinda interesting though.

I hate when Cage grows out his hair like that, sounds kinda interesting though.

i know the feeling... brad pitt and his long hair in troy made him look like a *****e bag

looks like another turd for Cage to me. Seems like a Steven segal movie

looks neat, is there an English version? at least subtitles.

Again this crappy long haircut? What's wrong with Cage :mad:

looks neat, is there an English version? at least subtitles.

Nope not yet, I'll never understand why they don't make sure the first look at their movies is in a high quality format. :huh:

Well i think the hair looks a lot better in this one but most importantly the movie looks pretty cool, hopefully they will deliver as the original is supposedly very good and it's the same directors.

Theres nothing wrong with him its called becoming the character. Do you really want to see the same actor with the same haircut in every movie? Think about it.

cage's wig's are getting tackier and tackier with each movie. i can't even concentrate on the story when all i can think about is which one has the worst hair implants, cage or travolta?

dammit nic. just be brave & bald. BRAVE AND BaLD!

Dammit. His hairs long, its going to suck now...

:woot:

well, i like his wig. :huh: :up:

but seriously, cage has demonstrated in the past that he CAN create some serious acting magic when he's not sucking jerry bruckheimer's money tit.

No, no! Not a haircut! It's just the same Hollywood wig Cage used in Next and Hanks in Da Vinci Code.

:oldrazz:

am i the only one who really can not stand him? he just bugs me. i like this type of movie but since it has cage i'm more than likely never going to watch it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41726

Lionsgate Acquires Cage's Bangkok Dangerous
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
February 7, 2008

Lionsgate has acquired North American distribution rights to the Nicolas Cage action thriller Bangkok Dangerous from IEG Virtual Studios, an affiliate of worldwide distribution company Initial Entertainment Group.

Directed by Hong Kong directors Oxide Pang Chun and Danny Pang, the film is a remake of the Pang brothers' critically acclaimed 1999 film of the same name that won the International Critics Award at the 2000 Toronto International Film Festival.

The studio has scheduled the film for a summer 2008 release in the U.S. and Canada.

In "Bangkok," Cage plays an anonymous assassin who travels to the city to handle four kills for an underworld crime boss, but his conscience becomes his enemy when he meets a local Thai girl.

The movie was shot entirely on location in Thailand. Jason Richman wrote the scrip

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"