Cage to Star in Proyas' Knowing

One of the problems i had with the movie was the last scene.....

but another was the plane and subway crashes were., they seemed over the top with just how violent they were in relation to the rest of the movie......Also, i have to admit, Nic Cage seems to me to have lost his mojo acting-wise...... he doesn't really seem to try that much anymore.....IMHO.

if the rest of the ppl reading this thread liked it, Good..... i didn't...

^No, not trying to change your opinion or anything, just disagree with it, the violence of the disaster scene's made them all the better for me, not only in terms of not expecting it, but it definately made them feel more real.

^No, not trying to change your opinion or anything, just disagree with it, the violence of the disaster scene's made them all the better for me, not only in terms of not expecting it, but it definately made them feel more real.

I agree with you, they did seem to be a little more realistic than most disaster movies, but that's just me. The subway especially...although the plane crash looked and felt more dramatic. Intense scene.

Am I the only one who didn't really know how to interperet the ending....
The four "beings" were they suppose to be the "Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse, and the "planet" they went to was the Garden of Eden. Or was it just aliens taking them to another planet....That part made me wonder.

I like Proyas and Cage but I still haven't seen that movie yet.

Anyway, between Kickass and Bad Lieutenant, I smell a Cage comeback.
I hope so because he's a great actor who has made too many s****y films lately.

I agree with you, they did seem to be a little more realistic than most disaster movies, but that's just me. The subway especially...although the plane crash looked and felt more dramatic. Intense scene.

Am I the only one who didn't really know how to interperet the ending....
The four "beings" were they suppose to be the "Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse, and the "planet" they went to was the Garden of Eden. Or was it just aliens taking them to another planet....That part made me wonder.

I thought the four beings could have been the 4 horsemen until I saw the others ships leaving Earth, my interpretation was, with their ethereal quality and 'wings' they were the basis for the drawings of Angels.

I dont think they had anything to do with the disasters themselves, I think they just wanted to preserve the human race and the way to do that was to take selected Children to another world, that did look like it represented the garden of eden with the kids maybe representing Adam and Eve.

I thought the four beings could have been the 4 horsemen until I saw the others ships leaving Earth, my interpretation was, with their ethereal quality and 'wings' they were the basis for the drawings of Angels.

I dont think they had anything to do with the disasters themselves, I think they just wanted to preserve the human race and the way to do that was to take selected Children to another world, that did look like it represented the garden of eden with the kids maybe representing Adam and Eve.

that's all pretty obvious. The movie pretty much hits you over the head with it. if no one can figure out the ending then they need to go to church a little more. The whole point they were making with the movie was that all we've heared about angels & god & the devil, essentially came from Aliens. They are the angels, they are the one's who settled here on earth & started life, they are adam & eve & thier taking thier creations that are on the brink of extinction to another world to start again & hope this time, it works out. I personally have always been of the belief that Aliens are indeed our creators, our gods & angels, hense thier apparent need to check up on us & experiment on us, to make sure all is well. this movie fed my belief & really captured how I feel. i think it's beautiful & a great movie. Cage was Cage, i didn't see that bad acting myself, so.

Steve

that's all pretty obvious. The movie pretty much hits you over the head with it. if no one can figure out the ending then they need to go to church a little more. The whole point they were making with the movie was that all we've heared about angels & god & the devil, essentially came from Aliens. They are the angels, they are the one's who settled here on earth & started life, they are adam & eve & thier taking thier creations that are on the brink of extinction to another world to start again & hope this time, it works out. I personally have always been of the belief that Aliens are indeed our creators, our gods & angels, hense thier apparent need to check up on us & experiment on us, to make sure all is well. this movie fed my belief & really captured how I feel. i think it's beautiful & a great movie. Cage was Cage, i didn't see that bad acting myself, so.

Steve

While i dont think it was a great movie, it certainly wasnt a bad one as the critics and some people would have you believe. It definately fed into some people's beliefs, like yourself, that aliens have played a big part in humanity and how we came to be, etc, as well as our religious beliefs. It was a brave ending and one I didnt expect the studio to go with.

Steve

You say that...then say you believe that aliens are our creators, our gods & angels?

:o

^Actually, I think it meant God's, not everyone believes in the same God, personally, despite being raised as a Christian, I dont believe in any god's.

I actually saw this as Nic Cage's Superman movie. Scientist finds out his world is ending, and gets the chance to send his only son off in a spaceship to another world to live on. Son's name is Caleb (Kal-El minus the L and add a B), last name begins with K, (initials, CK- Clark Kent). Did anyone notice the alien ships vaguely resembled the Donner Superman ship, and the FOS. The sun caused the planets destruction, etc, etc. I may be looking too much into, but that is what I got from the movie.

Steve
What does going to church have to do with aliens Steve?

I don't think any church would preach to you that angels were aliens. However, it does have a ton of religious parallels.

One of the worst movies ive ever seen. I had high hopes from the trailers too. :(

What does going to church have to do with aliens Steve?

*sighs*

However, it does have a ton of religious parallels.

DING DING DING! :whatever:. The point being if previous poster had payed attention in church & actually read the bible you'd understand how clear it was that the religious parrallels we know in every day life were applied to the Aliens at the end of the movie. Some ppl didn't understand something as simple as the Tree Of Knowledge at the end of the movie, or that it's supposed to be the Garden Of Eden. this movie is not leaving anything open about how you can interpret it, it's telling you what it is. The Aliens ARE GOD, ANGELS. they are the start of our civilization & they were protecting our connected species by way of taking us to another planet & restarting in the same way that it says in the bible, the day will come when Jesus will return & those without sin or who are repentfull of sin will be saved & the sinners will be left to perish under the rule of the Devil. The ending of this movie, was exactly that. The GODS coming to save the innocent & leaving the adults who are already accoustamed to sin to perish. Aliens are the Gods. The end. There is no interpretation of this story. my reply was just to point out that if you know your history of the bible you'll know what this movie is trying to say & alot of ppl aren't getting it.

Steve

The Earth also ended in fire, like in the Bible.

^Actually, I think it meant God's, not everyone believes in the same God, personally, despite being raised as a Christian, I dont believe in any god's.

I know people have different religious beliefs but the ending of the movie alludes to Adam and Eve, who are part of monotheistic beliefs.

The user I quoted was criticizing Man o Steel for bringing up church and religion like he didn't know what he was talking about.

So I just thought I'd tease him about using "gods" plural since that doesn't apply to the religious themes this film borrowed.

I know people have different religious beliefs but the ending of the movie alludes to Adam and Eve, who are part of monotheistic beliefs.

The user I quoted was criticizing Man o Steel for bringing up church and religion like he didn't know what he was talking about.

So I just thought I'd tease him about using "gods" plural since that doesn't apply to the religious themes this film borrowed.

:o

Naw son, the thing is...had you read the quote I was quoting, you'd see that MAN O STEEL specifically said "gods & angels" in his post. Which brings me back to the point of why I quoted him...because he said "I personally have always been of the belief that Aliens are indeed our creators, our gods & angels, hense thier apparent need to check up on us & experiment on us, to make sure all is well. this movie fed my belief & really captured how I feel." Earlier in that same post, he mentioned that church and how if we didn't get the ending, we should go more. I guess I won't speak for anyone else, but I don't remember hearing about extra terrestrials being "our creators" or "our gods & angels" in church.

I wasn't trying to start a religious debate, but I was just saying what church has to do with MAN O STEEL's personal belief.

The Earth also ended in fire, like in the Bible.
Also, adding to the religious parallels, the movie heavily aludes to the vision of Ezequiel (the prophet in the drawing that they find in the woman's cabin, that Cage relates to the sun, etc). Ezequiel, in the Bible, had a vision of God or Angels or something, that UFO researchers believe it was actually a UFO sighting. Google "Ezequiel chariots of the gods" for more info.

Also, I liked a lot how the aliens, when visiting humans, were reminiscent of the famous Men in Black...

The movie is full of not so obvious nods to the UFO mithology, it is great.

^Didnt get the Ezequiel stuff, didnt really think about it, but it makes sense, but yeah, definately got all the nods to UFO mythology, it was cool that they threw them in there and again, I think the ending was a brave one for a studio to let happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"