Cage to Star in Proyas' Knowing

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Hunter Rider, Dec 11, 2007.

?

Rate the movie

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nocomics Registered

Thats a pretty harsh statement to make and that statement gets thrown around alot. I don't think it was overrated at all,but ofcourse I liked it. Was it a great movie,no,but it was good imo.. It was supposed to be a goth film thats how it was in the comics..anyways....I prefer Crow over Dark City,but again I was a huge fan of the comics.
    I was gonna go see Knowing today,but I just can't get myself to sit thru a 2hour plus movie again.. I just got done sitting thru Watchmen,lol and that was a freaking long movie...I may wait until it hits dvd before I watch it. It looks okay and I'm a sucker for doomsday movies,but I just can't do it :)
    So, w/o giving away too much is this movie okay? Is it better than Day after tomorrow?

2. 블라스 Registered

Ditto.

3. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am going to see this maybe tomorrow. While I LOATH I, Robot, The Crow and Dark City are two of my favorite films of the 90's. Plus, knowing a lot of what happened during I, Robot, I think FOX was more at fault than Proyas.

Can't wait to see this :up:

4. Sloth7d Escapist

Well, this movie was pretty much what I expected. Pretty predictable. Pretty Pretentious. And pretty awkward. Every scene that was supposed to be disturbing or scary was comical and pretentious. Every plot point was predictable. Some of the conclusions jumped to as well as some of the actions taken didn't make sense.
    Why did he think he could prevent any of the events from happening? For all he knew the second one could have also been a falling airplane.
    The Train scene requires a serious suspension of disbelief at the end. And none of the movie is suspenseful. Some of the dialogue and acting is off at places too. None the less, it's nothing I hadn't expected from Cage already going in. I only went to see it because I really wanted to go out tonight and this just happened to be what everyone wanted to see. Oh well.
    5/10

5. Rac Deadite

+ The dynamic duo called Will Smith & Akiva Goldsman.

Proyas did make this film called Garage Days after Dark City and it wasn't all that good. I'm thinking that maybe Proyas had fuel for only two movies in his veins...

6. The Dark Defender Unite and Fight

I liked I Robot and love The Crow, plus I love Rose Byrne. I think I'll see this tomorrow.

7. thejon93 Forever Haunted

Agreed with you on these.

8. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

We'll have to throw it on the pile :woot:.

9. kane9321 oakland's finest

I liked the movie alot. My main problem was with the ending. I thought it was going the "jesus/god end of days" route..but it went with ...
    ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE...HUH

10. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

They're the new God. So everyone from agnostics to Buddhists are not offended.

11. thejon93 Forever Haunted

You weren't expecting that? Even after the new 'Indiana Jones' movie?
    :grin:

12. kane9321 oakland's finest

Truly, I wasnt expecting it:cmad:

13. aaron bullet in your face

yeah, rose is hot.

14. Hurm... Registered

Really enjoyed the film. 8/10. Even Nic's acting wasn't COMPLETELY horrible. That's a +. :up:

15. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

i enjoyed it... and i went in being scared the ending would be complete ****... and it wasnt.

7/10.. though ill never watch it again.

i have no idea whats with all the I,Robot hate.... i loooved that movie and ive seen it tons of times.

alex proyas is one of my fav's

16. The Shadow Registered

I watched it last night and I'd give it probably a 7/10. It was one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen but pretty good none the less. Some of the special effects weren't really up to par like the fire, you could definately tell it was special effects fire. It did have some very intense scenes, though I'd recommend it.:yay:

17. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

I'll probably catch this after I see Watchmen for a 3rd time, I love Proyas and like Cage despite his recent output.

18. TNC9852002 Banned User

I really liked this movie, personally. I was already into this kind of material a lot.

Of course, the movie's ending will split the audiences, but at least a lot of its basic premise is rooted in real life testimony and research.

For a long time, the movie was a 8/10 from me, but some of the 3rd act brought it down to 7.5/10.

-TNC

19. gwynplaine L'homme qui rit.

Agreed. I, robot is awesome and so is the Crow. Among other things, I love when Will Smith tells Sonny robots could never write a symphony and Sonny answers : "Can you ?"

20. hitmanyr2k Resident Lurker

I'm a sucker for apocalyptic movies and I was enjoying this movie (even though it was very predictable) until the last half hour which was worthy of a Sci-fi channel premiere.

21. kane9321 oakland's finest

I'd have to agree. I was like wtf at the ending

22. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Trippy, interesting, suspenseful, and entertaining to say the least. It almost makes up for Cage's other bad movies of recent years (...maybe not), but it definitely is the best movie he's had in the last few years. Though I didn't like it as much as Ebert did, it was definitely worth the admission. Just go in with an open mind and try to think "oh snap" instead of "wow...really??" during some of the scenes and it'll be all gravy. The ending isn't so bad actually.

Rating:

- 8 out of 10
    - 3 out of 4 stars

23. TNC9852002 Banned User

I'm glad most people have been on board with this movie, despite most of the critics. Movies dealing with this kind of subject matter have always divided the audiences...

...and I'm not really sure why, really. Well, I know WHY, it's just that I think it comes from close mindedness.

24. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Yeah, I agree.

For example, some people seriously saw the aliens and thought "wow...aliens, really?" instead of acknowledging that aliens are apart of the plot. They are objected to the idea instead of being open minded about it.

25. TNC9852002 Banned User

The more I think about this movie, the more interesting its story becomes to me.

Heck, in a world filled with so much uncertainty, mystery, alternative theories, and religion, this movie almost combines elements of everything and gives you, what I believe, to be somewhat a plausible, albeit slightly fantastical possibility which can, if analyzed, offer some degree of intelligent discussion.

Most people will take such offense to the movie that they won't even try to be entertained by it.

#100 TNC9852002, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009