Call out a Teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
my favorite teacher did something like that. first night of class he handed out and went over the syllabus then opened the floor up for q&a. one guy asked if he could have a dollar and sure enough prof kirk walked up and handed him one.

My Physics teacher in college started the first day with a pop quiz on all things related to Calvin and Hobbes and Bill Watterson. Whoever received a 100 was given an extra 10 points on the midterm. I was the only one who got a 100 on the pop quiz. :oldrazz:

I want to jump on the grammar enforcement train, too!

I really don't want to talk about it, however, my speech was related to demonstrating something. I demonstrated how to sketch without erasing too much and my teacher said to me that a "how to" is not a demonstration, as well as some other things. So the next day I had a little fun with her and made some subtle jokes about how I was not pleased with her decision.

You showed the class how to "sketch without erasing much"? Up until this post, you made it seem like your teacher disagreed with your opinion (like if your presentation was on being pro-life, but she was pro-choice). If that was the case, then sure, you'd have a right to be upset.

I get the feeling that it wasn't so much that you didn't like her disagreeing with you, but more so that you were A) embarrassed for being called out in class for having a weak presentation, and B) forced to redo your presentation. You probably did not prepare your presentation and thought that you could do the least amount of work possible. Your teacher probably saw this, and instead of giving you a deservedly low grade, was kind enough to offer you a second chance. And you retaliate by being immature?

The fact of the matter is, the teacher makes the rules and boundaries. If you don't follow the guidelines, or think you can scoot by doing the least amount of work possible, the teacher has every right (within reason) to give you a poor grade. Consider yourself lucky that she gave you a second chance. I'm sure she won't do that again.

But to make this thread more than about you, I have called out a teacher before. Well, "reported" would probably be a better word.

In college, there was a biology teacher who claimed at the beginning of the term that there was "no God" and that he would be teaching the class in such a way to prove that notion. He stated that if he taught well, and we were smart enough to pass, then we too would end the term not believing.

A few students walked out then and there. I stayed, hoping he was just blowing smoke. Unfortunately, he was true to his word, and the class became more of a soapbox for him to angrily denounce religion and faith than a biology class. I ended up reporting him to the Dean.

Well, JJJ's Ulcer had stated your English was appalling, to which you responded by saying, "Oh and trust me buddy my english is just fine." The issue I took with this, was that, when you posted that, you made a large number of errors, and thus proved his point. I redid your post to show the errors you made, even though you say, "My English is just fine." Sorry, friend, it's not. Perhaps, your spoken English is better, but when you post, it's not good at all. Maybe it's just laziness. I know there are a lot of people who get lazy with their spelling and grammar when posting. Oh, well.
I admit that many times I don't care too much about my grammar when I post on the net (I guess its because I have to be so anal about my grammar at work, I feel posting on the net is my "recess"). I'm usually pounding away at the keyboard and don't care to much about proof reading here. But there really isn't an excuse for spelling errors in this day and age; nearly any text field you write in shows your incorrect spelling and its just a right-click away from being corrected.

Last edited:
Really don't want to talk about it, however, my speech was related to demenstrating something. I demenstrated how to sketch without erasing too much and my teacher says to me that a "how to" is not a demenstration plus some other things. So the next day I have a little fun with her and make some subtle jokes that I was not pleased with her decision.

Well, with the little bit that you just told me? I don't know about "being out of line", I think I would call it more, showing disrespect to your teacher and basically being an ass....

It looks to me like you don't respond well when people tell you you are wrong, or give you suggestions, etc.

Maybe you should learn how to do that....I guarantee you it will help in your education, in high school, and beyond...

Hm? OK, you got me. However, you saw the point I was making.

I do, but it's obvious he's a young kid and I don't think a bunch of people jumping down his throat really does anything positive.

My brother was one of these kids. Sadly, so is my 13 year old daughter. I've always told both of them, "I will show you how to find the answer, but I refuse to give you the answer."
I know, my 9 year old nephew is the exact same way. My and my mom babysit both of my brother's kids after they get out of school, and he always expects us to make sure the kids do their homework, and since my mom never really went to school, I'm usually stuck answering their questions. And recently, ever since my nephew started to get hooked on playing Call of Duty all day, he's been using the excuse that he doesn't understand his homework so he can't do it. I'll show him how to do one question, but he won't write anything down until someone tells him the answer, which I never do. When my mom yells at me, I tell her that its not my job to do his homework for him, and that his parents should help him. But then I found out that his mother writes the answers for him and he erases them and rewrites them in his book. He was bragging to me once how the teacher has yet to notice. :doh:

I know, my 9 year old nephew is the exact same way. My and my mom babysit both of my brother's kids after they get out of school, and he always expects us to make sure the kids do their homework, and since my mom never really went to school, I'm usually stuck answering their questions. And recently, ever since my nephew started to get hooked on playing Call of Duty all day, he's been using the excuse that he doesn't understand his homework so he can't do it. I'll show him how to do one question, but he won't write anything down until someone tells him the answer, which I never do. When my mom yells at me, I tell her that its not my job to do his homework for him, and that his parents should help him. But then I found out that his mother writes the answers for him and he erases them and rewrites them in his book. He was bragging to me once how the teacher has yet to notice. :doh:
Rat him out.

WalkingDeadMike said:
I do, but it's obvious he's a young kid and I don't think a bunch of people jumping down his throat really does anything positive.

You start a thread asking for people's opinions....you will probably get them.

Rat him out.
It wouldn't make a difference. My brother and his gf don't do any thing to discipline their kids. They usually give a punishment that lasts a week, but only enforce it for a day. Heck, I heard my niece walked out of a Wal-Mart last week with a toy or something in her pocket and no one noticed until they got home. The punishment was no TV for a week, but yet I went to their house the next day and she was sitting in her room watching TV.

I think kids these days expect teachers to let them get away with the same crap that their parents let them do at home.

It wouldn't make a difference. My brother and his gf don't do any thing to discipline their kids. They usually give a punishment that lasts a week, but only enforce it for a day. Heck, I heard my niece walked out of a Wal-Mart last week with a toy or something in her pocket and no one noticed until they got home. The punishment was no TV for a week, but yet I went to their house the next day and she was sitting in her room watching TV.

I think kids these days expect teachers to let them get away with the same crap that their parents let them do at home.
I meant, rat him out to his teachers.

I meant, rat him out to his teachers.
I know, but he's only in the 4th grade and the teacher would probably just talk to his parents about it, in which like I said, they wouldn't really punish him or anything.

Just for clarification, my "what I'd do if I were a teacher" post was because I think too many people see no value in asking for help, not to enable laziness.

I'd hardly call college age (by his admission) young. He seems like he can take it.

His whole story is murky and likely hidden to remove any details that would make him appear to be in the wrong here, therefore, I must assume the worst.

I'd hardly call college age (by his admission) young. He seems like he can take it.

Did he say he was in college? If that's the case I'd say rip him a new *******, but I got the impression that he was at the oldest an underclassmen in high school, probably younger.

Did he say he was in college? If that's the case I'd say rip him a new *******, but I got the impression that he was at the oldest an underclassmen in high school, probably younger.
Well, he said it was a college teacher. He my be in college, or still in high school and taking college classes.
I know, that is why I was being sarcastic.
Anyway, I'll just leave it like this: I'm young, my college teacher is just a few years older...

*Sigh* I give up. No Spider-Who? my teacher did not call me out in class, and my presentation was very much thought out. I talked to my teacher and believe it or not: she found it funny. My demenstration that I had to redo was "How to frustrate a teacher". I don't care if if a grammer nazi tries to prove how "english is appalling".

Have you ever called out a teacher? I really can't think of any other way to put it, but yesterday I had to "redo" a speech that I bommed because she did'nt like what I talked about. Long story short, I pretty much acted like a mix of Chris Farley & Bernie Mac and even though I did'nt really call her out, I alluded to her doing that in my "speech".Obviously everyone but the teacher enjoyed it, but do you think I was out of line?

I think you should pay a little more attention to what your teachers say, kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"