Campus shooting at Northern Illinois University

/\ The students aren't in danger yet then. It's a suicide act with no murder motive in mind. Hopefully the police take that into account. Unless you're saying he's threatening to kill himself and others? There is such a thing as holding one's own life hostage.

My friend ran to a diner once with a knife (not gun) threatening to kill himself. That seems to be what this is, but since it's school it might be a Jeremy type incident.

Jeremy (in a Pearl Jam song) was a student who shot himself in front of his class to make a point, happened back in the early 90s I believe... I think it was inspired by actual events though, or at least I heard that somewhere-

/\ The students aren't in danger yet then. It's a suicide act with no murder motive in mind. Hopefully the police take that into account. Unless you're saying he's threatening to kill himself and others? There is such a thing as holding one's own life hostage.

My friend ran to a diner once with a knife (not gun) threatening to kill himself. That seems to be what this is, but since it's school it might be a Jeremy type incident.

Jeremy was a student who shot himself in front of his class to make a point, happened back in the early 90s I believe...

The police are just about to release a statement about this. A lot of students were able to get out and get to a safe place to meet their parents and go home. The students that have been interviewed are saying it was very scary. Some said it was so scary they cried.

I've had an experiance like this once. When I lived in another city when I was in 8th Grade, a bomb threat was made on April Fool's Day.The cops searched every single locker. It took hours. When they gave the all clear all of the itmes in my locker were strewn upon the floor. You couldn't pay me to relive that scary day.

Still could have been a suicide threat rather than school shooting, by what you've said so far. It fits that event better. He goes into school and rather than open fire he threatens to kill himself- that's holding oneself hostage. Did the guy die or did they stop him on time or does know one know yet?

Also I'm sure we've all had bomb scares in middle school. If I remember correctly, our bomb scares were even the same here as Columbine. That was before things got bad for me- it was high school that done me in- but that is a scary event. Hearing about it, being sent home or away and the notes that go home, whole nine yards.

Press conferrance with the sheriff just got finished. All students are home and with their parents. The gunman is a 16 year old boy who goes to the school in question. They're still looking for him. There won't be any punishment for him if they find him now, they just want to get him help. They're just about to search the school again for him. So, for now, it's a suicide threat.

K. Hopefully they find him in time. Keep us updated-

UPDATE!: Apparently the actual threat happened at about 3:15 my time and it took until the time I heard about it for students to be able to get out.

Meh...Wilhelm said it best on the first page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"