Campus shooting at Northern Illinois University

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/university.shooting/index.html

Wow...

At least two people have been shot and several injured at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, CNN affiliates are reporting.

The gunman who opened fire in a lecture hall is dead, the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting.

The lecture hall is Cole Hall, reports say. The shooting occured shortly after 3 p.m. ET.

The University has ordered its student body to seek shelter and canceled classes Thursday.

"Its has been confirmed that there has been a shooting on campus and several people have been taken away by ambulance," the school said in a posting on its DeKalb campus Web site. "All classes are canceled on the DeKalb campus. People are urged not to come to campus."

DeKalb is 65 miles west of downtown Chicago and 45 minutes southeast of Rockford.

At least two people are confirmed to have been shot.

Awesomely bad... I know a guy who goes there.

I can't be shocked by this anymore.

Is it just me or is there a lot of this s**t goin on lately?

It's really sad how this has become more frequent in all levels of the education system....I don't think the killers name should ever be released through the media.....that only sensationalizes the murders and makes the killers infamous and almost like a role model to some sick minded individuals..... they can and should report on the tragic event but should concentrate more on the victims and on the devastation it impacts on people.... I have absolutely no sympathy for those who believe they can solve their problems with a gun.....

At least eighteen total are reported to be injured.

^ my god...what is with some people?

Let me guess the coward killed himself afterwards.

The thing I don't get the most is why are most of these shootings all happening at schools of some sort.

They shouldn't report these anymore.
It's just someone shooting other people.
It happens more on the street...but you don't see big nation-wide coverage of all the shootings that occur outside of schools or places of business.

They're creating a hysteria.
Here in Seattle, a guy came in and shot the owner of a restaurant and some patrons just last week.
Will it be on CNN?
No.

It's all because of that darn crazy Korean. He give all these sicko's the idea. :cmad:

The Seattle shooting probably didnt even make the local news.

It happens more on the street...but you don't see big nation-wide coverage of all the shootings that occur outside of schools or places of business.

Here in Seattle, a guy came in and shot the owner of a restaurant and some patrons just last week.
Will it be on CNN?
No.

Agreed. The media loves this ****.

valentine's day blues . . . america has breed another wacko . . . I blame the media :( :serious:

Will it be on CNN?
No.
I knew this guy in a daycare home who got shot multiple times by gang members. No news about it whatsoever.

The thing I don't get the most is why are most of these shootings all happening at schools of some sort.
They hardly ever occur at schools compared to all the other locations.

• SEATTLE – One person is dead and five others have been injured in a shooting at the Jewish Federation at 2031 Third Ave. in downtown Seattle.

• SEATTLE -- A gunman opened fire Saturday morning in a Capitol Hill home occupied by 20 young partygoers

• At about 4:30 a.m. Sunday someone fired a gunshot through a window of the house in the 14300 block of 20th Avenue Northeast. The bullet from a small-caliber handgun went through the window, penetrated a wall and struck Seifu, 26, in the back of the head as he sat on a couch

• A gunman opened fire at a city council meeting in this St. Louis suburb Thursday night, hitting several people, including the mayor...

• CARNATION, Wash. - Six people, likely three generations of a family, were found dead yesterday at a rural property east of Seattle

• A Seattle man was charged Tuesday with fatally shooting the owner of a well-known Central Area restaurant during a shooting spree a week ago.

• A man accused of shooting six people at a Tacoma, Washington, shopping mall surrendered to police after a three-hour hostage standoff Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

Schools aren't the issue. People get shot all over. It doesn't hurt any less if it happens in a restaurant, or at your house, or in a parking lot, or at the mall.

They hardly ever occur at schools compared to all the other locations.
  • SEATTLE – One person is dead and five others have been injured in a shooting at the Jewish Federation at 2031 Third Ave. in downtown Seattle.
  • SEATTLE -- A gunman opened fire Saturday morning in a Capitol Hill home occupied by 20 young partygoers

• At about 4:30 a.m. Sunday someone fired a gunshot through a window of the house in the 14300 block of 20th Avenue Northeast. The bullet from a small-caliber handgun went through the window, penetrated a wall and struck Seifu, 26, in the back of the head as he sat on a couch
  • A gunman opened fire at a city council meeting in this St. Louis suburb Thursday night, hitting several people, including the mayor...
  • CARNATION, Wash. - Six people, likely three generations of a family, were found dead yesterday at a rural property east of Seattle

• A Seattle man was charged Tuesday with fatally shooting the owner of a well-known Central Area restaurant during a shooting spree a week ago.
  • A man accused of shooting six people at a Tacoma, Washington, shopping mall surrendered to police after a three-hour hostage standoff Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

Schools aren't the issue. People get shot all over. It doesn't hurt any less if it happens in a restaurant, or at your house, or in a parking lot, or at the mall.

I never said it was any less hurtful or less of an important matter when people are getting killed in other places.

It's just like you mentioned earlier they need to either stop focusing on these altogether or show the non school related incidents on the news as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"