• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

can an AMERICAN answer my question please?

Bug-Eyes

The Immortal
Reaction score
This may sound really stupid but I am wanting to know an answer to the following.........

In australia we call shopping carts, Trolleys ok.........and the people who collect the trolleys left in the car parks of supermarkets and malls are usually called "Trolley boys" What do you Americans call the ones who collect your shopping carts left in the car pars of your supermarkets and malls ?

If anyone could help it would be appreciated..............

thanks...

Regards
Chris

I've never seen a mall with Shopping Carts. We call them...Cart people? (We gotta be politically correct, I don't wanna end up like Imus.)

"The new kid who gets the ****ty jobs."

Its cart attendant, though. Not cart people. I saw a cart attendant once and he looked upset about something.

ours is called the cart pusher

well there jobs usually arn't just getting the carts.. its just one of the things they do.. and ive never heard the job been given a name other then... "so and so is getting the shopping carts"

This may sound really stupid but I am wanting to know an answer to the following.........

In australia we call shopping carts, Trolleys ok.........and the people who collect the trolleys left in the car parks of supermarkets and malls are usually called "Trolley boys" What do you Americans call the ones who collect your shopping carts left in the car pars of your supermarkets and malls ?

thanks...

Regards
Chris

"Teenagers"

Its cart attendant, though. Not cart people. I saw a cart attendant once and he looked upset about something.
I would have said Cart Boy, but... oh... you obviously didn't get the joke.:dry:
Anyway...
Whose mall has carts in them, other than the little kiddie ones:huh:

I saw a cart attendant at Wal-mart one day having an argument with George Lucas about how Jar Jar did not mess up the Star Wars franchise. I feared for my life.

Around here, we have guys that drive around in flatbeds and pick up all the shopping carts that lazy people (like me on occassion) leave parked in front of the apartment complexes. There's like designated spots for them and sometimes you'll see like a dozen neatly stacked carts waiting for the guy. It's crazy.

Around here, we have guys that drive around in flatbeds and pick up all the shopping carts that lazy people (like me on occassion) leave parked in front of the apartment complexes. There's like designated spots for them and sometimes you'll see like a dozen neatly stacked carts waiting for the guy. It's crazy.

We have them here in Canada too. People tend to push their carts from the shopping malls to the apartment buildings and leave them parked outside the apartment building. Then the profiteer comes around and picks them up. (my own personal name for them - they are paid by the shopping malls).

Within the premises of the shopping mall, it's usually the store clerks and stock boys that get the task. What bothers me, is that usually they wait to collect the carts from the far lanes until the carts actually start blocking through traffic.

down here in the south they call the trolleys "buggy" and I don't think the cart pushers get any specific title

ARound here there isn't a name for them since there's a desinated spot for them. Now I really don't get how someone can just leave a damn shopping cart in the middle of a parking lot, come on, what if the wind comes and blows it into another car, or if someone wants to park in that space but can't cuz of some stupid cart... People can be so inconsiderate, it takes two seconds to push it to the designated spot... :cmad:

I'm not an American, and I therefore don't know what trolleys are. :rolleyes:

When I was younger I worked at a department store and my job title was "valet", I rounded up the shopping carts, refilled the catalogs and brought shopping bags to all the departments.

"The new kid who gets the ****ty jobs."

Where I work, its an old lady that is blind in one eye. So in my case, "The old broad with the one good eye with the sh***y job."

thanks...

Regards
Chris
"loser"

A bit harsh don't you think? A loser is the perfectly capable person standing in the corner of a street holding a sign up asking for money.
This person at least is trying to earn their keep.

I saw a cart attendant at Wal-mart one day having an argument with George Lucas about how Jar Jar did not mess up the Star Wars franchise. I feared for my life.

owl1.jpg

"The kid who collects the carts..."

I don't think they have an official title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"