Why Thor or Superman cannot beat Sentry.

MajinShenron

Civilian
Reaction score
To start off if anyone has anything to say to change my opinion go ahead. I am open minded.

Sentry was able to defeat Carnage easily, no more than one page. When Superman fought Venom, who is supposedly weaker than Carnage, gave Superman a pretty hard time even with Spiderman helping.

So not only that but when Thor fought Superman he lost so that means he is weaker than Superman and if he fought Venom he would have a challenge (and be being a Venom fanboy I think he would lose :p).

Also lets compare Venom in the Marvel universe. He beat Spiderman up easily who was able to defeat Firelord (Venom obviously cant beat Firelord but I am referring to physical strength), he was able to withstand Juggernauts punches and saying "it tickles", Venom was able to beat Wolverine, and there are others.

So how strong is Sentry? I dont think we saw the limit yet but we know he is stronger than Thor or Superman.

Here is a page from the comic since I doubt everyone read it:

venomowning1iy.jpg

You think Venom could beat Thor? or Superman?

Are you nuts?

ok maybe that's being too harsh but seriously, that scanned image notwithstanding Thor and Supes are waaay out of Venom's league.

As for whether or not they can beat the Sentry, that is up in the air. We dont know how strong the Sentry really is. But given where he seems to have settled power wise (based on his fight against the collective and the super adaptoid) he seems to be right around Thor and Superman's level

As for what the Sentry did to Carnage, its nothing Thor or Supes couldnt do to him (I dont think the symbiotes are as powerful as some people think)

ooooh, pretty picture. Who did the art for the crossover issue?

It's an interesting theory, Majin, but see the thing is with the DC/Marvel comics... they're not 'canon', i believe. I could be wrong, but basically that would imply that whatever takes place in a crossover comic should not be considered as 'in continuity'.

Venom's strength is about 12 tons, Spidey's is about 10 tons (excluding influences like adrenaline, recklessness, and other enhancements).
Whereas Superman can lift up spaceships.

So i think it's safe to say, Superman vs. Sentry would certainly be an interesting fight... I think we have yet to se all of Sentry's powers, so this one can't really be predicted. But i'd pay to watch!

But which Sentry are we talking about?

The one who broke Terrax's axe or the one who got tossed around by the adaptiod

They really need to settle his powers

If he does have a power which puts him above Thor and Supes its the psionic powers he seems to have which seem to be pretty high end

First off Venom is not weaker than Carnage, Carnage's weakness to heat is much greater than Venom's <see carnage unleashed> . Thor and Supes could definatly overpower venom in a physical fight. But the symbiote handles kinetic energy pretty efficiently, so despite the fact that he'll be manhandled he's be pretty much unhurt.

Untill Supes breaks out the heat vision. Then it's over.

Likewise with Thor, if lightning isn't hot enough, a godblast sure as hell is.

As for the sentry beating Superman or Thor that's still up for debate. But leave venom out of it. He's high end street level, way out of his league in this discussion.

Writer: Ron Marz
Penciler: Jackson Guise
Finishes: Josef Rubeinstein

It's an interesting theory, Majin, but see the thing is with the DC/Marvel comics... they're not 'canon', i believe. I could be wrong, but basically that would imply that whatever takes place in a crossover comic should not be considered as 'in continuity'.

Well, in the end of the comic Spiderman talked about the truce he had and he broke it so he sent him to jail.

You think Venom could beat Thor? or Superman?

Are you nuts?

Well, he fought Superman already and he did not beat him but he gave him a challenge.

MajinShenron said:
Well, he fought Superman already and he did not beat him but he gave him a challenge.

When was that?

I have major problems with that scanned image.

First Venom grabbing Supes by the throat will get venom a broken wrist, nothing more. ( i dont see how venom can injure superman

Second (like sachs said) supes can end the fight at any time with a little heat vision

i'm Spider-Man said:
Venom's strength is about 12 tons, Spidey's is about 10 tons (excluding influences like adrenaline, recklessness, and other enhancements).

According to Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe, Spider-Man 2005 Edition, Spidey can now lift 15 tons.

The 2004 Edition says Venom can press "almost 11 tons".

When was that?

I have major problems with that scanned image.

First Venom grabbing Supes by the throat will get venom a broken wrist, nothing more. ( i dont see how venom can injure superman

Second (like sachs said) supes can end the fight at any time with a little heat vision

Marvel/DC Access #1 Part one of four.

venomvssupes11os.jpg

venomvssupes20xe.jpg

venomvssupes30gw.jpg

venomvssupes45iq.jpg

venomvssupes63ck.jpg

Still not buying it Majin. Seems to be like the whole page was written while Venom was at the height of his popularity in an attempt to push the character and give the fanboys something to get giddy over.

It doesnt change the fact that Venom is no match for supes. That part with Venom punching superman and supes crashing back in pain is especially hard to stomach. Venom could hit superman with everything he had and it probably wouldnt even sting much. I've seen Venom is numerous comics and I know how strong he is. He's not strong enough to hurt Superman (unless he was powered up for that fight somehow)

That being said I understand that you are a venom fanboy and that we will not agree on this, but I am not budging

Venom <<<< Superman

I think Venom can beat superman but it will be hard. Supermans heat beam can really do damage to Venom but not defeat him.

dude
how can he hurt him?

Heat vision would fry the symbuote in a heartbeat. That's how supes beats venom (with almost no effort btw)

How exactly does venom beat superman?

Harlekin said:
DC vs Marvel isn't canon.
not only is it not canon

its venom vs SUPERMAN

not say Hulk vs Superman (which, while not canon is at least plausible. The idea of them fighting not how it worked out in Marvel vs. DC)

bkhedr said:
Still not buying it Majin. Seems to be like the whole page was written while Venom was at the height of his popularity in an attempt to push the character and give the fanboys something to get giddy over.

It doesnt change the fact that Venom is no match for supes. That part with Venom punching superman and supes crashing back in pain is especially hard to stomach. Venom could hit superman with everything he had and it probably wouldnt even sting much. I've seen Venom is numerous comics and I know how strong he is. He's not strong enough to hurt Superman (unless he was powered up for that fight somehow)

That being said I understand that you are a venom fanboy and that we will not agree on this, but I am not budging

Venom <<<< Superman

Agreed 100%. Superman is even further removed from Venom, than Venom is from a normal man, in terms of physical abilities.

Venom is basically moving in slow motion by comparison, and so shouldnt even be able to lay a finger on Superman.

Back on topic; In regards to Sentry, Superman would beat that yellow-garbed crybaby like a red-headed stepchild, imo. Sentry got completely owned by Genis, who is on Thor's level iirc, and we all saw Superman take Thor down.

CaptainStacy said:
Agreed 100%. Superman is even further removed from Venom, than Venom is from a normal man, in terms of physical abilities.

Venom is basically moving in slow motion by comparison, and so shouldnt even be able to lay a finger on Superman.

Back on topic; In regards to Sentry, Superman would beat that yellow-garbed crybaby like a red-headed stepchild, imo. Sentry got completely owned by Genis, who is on Thor's level iirc, and we all saw Superman take Thor down.

I'm still waiting for the rematch. Then big blue will get his come'up'ons :D

I swear to god, the way people just pull this crap out of they're assess astounds me. That's why I love coming here.

Anubis said:
I swear to god, the way people just pull this crap out of they're ass astounds me. Thats why I love coming here.

Its really something isnt it?

LoL this whole thing is ridiculous.
The only way i buy it is if Superman was completely faking it. Venom could hit him hard enough to move him, sure unless Supes was using his flight to cancel his movement. Even then though, there's no way in hell venom could hurt him.

Come on now. We're talking about a guy who Spiderman can fight and beat WITHOUT exploiting his weaknesses (though it's hard for him) and Superman is like a hundred times faster stronger and tougher than Spidey at least.

This is a joke. Clearly MajinShenron is a venom fanboy who doesnt actually read the comics and doesnt know anything about either character.

Vanguard07 said:
The only way i buy it is if Superman was completely faking it. Venom could hit him hard enough to move him, sure unless Supes was using his flight to cancel his movement. Even then though, there's no way in hell venom could hurt him.

Come on now. We're talking about a guy who Spiderman can fight and beat WITHOUT exploiting his weaknesses (though it's hard for him) and Superman is like a hundred times faster stronger and tougher than Spidey at least.

This is a joke. Clearly MajinShenron is a venom fanboy who doesnt actually read the comics and doesnt know anything about either character.

*Restrains Vanguard*

Calm down buddy, he's already down. I think it was over when Bk and Sach got involved.:o

Your a smart one. Spiderman beating Venom without any weaknesses? Loool.

The only reason I raised this since it happened, you know I dont think Venom could beat Superman. I've said it again. And I have read comics for over 10 years.

Venomvsjuggs11.jpg

Ok, Venom hurt Juggernaut. Yes that comic where Venom fought Superman was a bit exaggerated by making Venom stronger or Superman weaker but you have to have no knowledge of Venom to think Venom could not move Superman. I know that since you think Venom can lose to Spiderman without him exposing any weaknesses.

As for the eye beams, if it did touch him Venom would of been fried. I've seen him use it and almost kill the strongest people.

But lets drop this, its agreed Venom cannot beat Superman. It was just an attempt to start a discussion on why I thought Sentry was able to beat Superman (I dont like Sentry much by the way).

Sentry would own both at once.

Supes and Thor have both had helluva hard time taking down the Hulk, whereas Sentry/Void owned him completely, breaking his bones at will.

Sentry has battled the entire marvel U as the void and never really suffered an outright defeat, and he fought galactus to a standstill (on his own).

Sentry is above both guys. Just take Supes into a part of space where the sun isn't a bother, and pound the crap out of him.

Let's face it, you can complain and moan that DC/Marvel cross overs aren't cannon, but the fact is that's what you have. You can't just ignore whatever happened in them just because your favourite guy lost or took a beating. That's what you have. If you say 'no but its not cannon', well then what is? Because you say 'if (dc character) met (marvel character) it wouldn't go down like that', you're deluding yourself because it DID go down like that, no matter how much you don't like it. The DC/Marvel comics are as canon as you can get when it comes to the two crossing over. Everything else is pure speculation.

Horrorfan said:
Sentry would own both at once.

Supes and Thor have both had helluva hard time taking down the Hulk, whereas Sentry/Void owned him completely, breaking his bones at will.
Sentry has battled the entire marvel U as the void and never really suffered an outright defeat, and he fought galactus to a standstill (on his own).

Sentry is above both guys. Just take Supes into a part of space where the sun isn't a bother, and pound the crap out of him.

Let's face it, you can complain and moan that DC/Marvel cross overs aren't cannon, but the fact is that's what you have. You can't just ignore whatever happened in them just because your favourite guy lost or took a beating. That's what you have. If you say 'no but its not cannon', well then what is? Because you say 'if (dc character) met (marvel character) it wouldn't go down like that', you're deluding yourself because it DID go down like that, no matter how much you don't like it. The DC/Marvel comics are as canon as you can get when it comes to the two crossing over. Everything else is pure speculation.

Dude that's total bulls**t. If were talking about Superman versus Thor or Supes versus Hulk, then that's like debatable. It's a fairly even fight that could go either way. If were talking about Venom versus Superman, and Superman loses, hell, even has a hard time, then that's just bad writing.

The DC/Marvel crossovers for the most part are out of continuity, with the exception of JLA/Avengers . (Which has only been referenced by DC since it happened.) Yo look at the Marvel vs DC crossover and the outcome of the battles were determined by the fans. Which means crap like, Wolverine Beating Lobo. Lobo, the guy whose in Superman's strength class. The guy that has a healing factor that makes the Hulks look like s**t. I mean, how can you look at that match up and say, yeah, that's not bulls**t. It's not about favorites. It's about common f**king sense.

He actually raises good points. Things happen all the time in comics that people aren't going to accept since its out of the ordinary or the writer doesn't have enough knowledge. But truth to the matter is the editor saw it and was accepted and published.

And response to the continuity and fan-favorites being decided not necessarily true. In the Marvel vs DC comic yes favorites were chosen BUT Marvel and DC picked the opponents that would have a some-what decent match if it went either way.

Also in the Venom fighting Superman comic Spiderman carried Venom to jail and talked about the truce he had and broken it. Venom did remain in jail too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"