Why Thor or Superman cannot beat Sentry.

Guyverjay said:
You keep mentioning post count, it seems more important to you than anybody else. Funnily enough you post more per day on average than he does.

Yes I will enjoy my night in thank you, though I won't be posting;)

Yes, I posted a lot when I first joined as I was off with a minor injury op, my post count has decreased greatly to maybe 5 to 10 a day and generally dropping.
Your consistant posting over time is "impressive", I say this to both of you and it's nice you look out for each other). I bet your itching to post a reply arn't, we both know how much your "status" means to you. ;)

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Yes, I posted a lot when I first joined as I was off with a minor injury op, my post count has decreased greatly to maybe 5 to 10 a day and generally dropping.
Your consistant posting over time is "impressive", I say this to both of you (It's nice you look out for each other).

- Whirly

Minor injury Op?

Whatever you say buddy, you don't have to rationalise it to me:confused:

Nah it isnt "impressive" (means more to you than I), I just like talking about comics and the films that are being made (the first one being spider-man, which is what this site was originally called - "spider-man hype" that is). Funnily enough thats what the majority of people here are for

Guyverjay said:
Minor injury Op?

Whatever you say buddy, you don't have to rationalise it to me:confused:

Nah it isnt "impressive" (means more to you than I), I just like talking about comics and the films that are being made (the first one being spider-man, which is what this site was originally called - "spider-man hype" that is). Funnily enough thats what the majority of people here are for

It's cool I knew you wouldn't be able to resist posting ;) it gets you on the way to 30,000, now wouldn't that mean something in your life and be a real achievement.

- Whirly

Guys, can we stop the virtual dick-waving contest now?

Whirlysplat said:
It's cool I knew you wouldn't be able to resist posting ;) it gets you on the way to 30,000, now wouldn't that mean something in your life and be a real achievement.

- Whirly

*sigh* is that whats its come to for you, THIS old chestnut:(

The much lamented "You have loads of posts" insult and its many variations

Funny how your holier than thou attitude has flown right out the window with your now personal attacks on my person:)

But fine Mr hypocrite I'll bite, you want the last word, go ahead and take it:up:

Guyverjay said:
*sigh* is that whats its come to for you, THIS old chestnut:(

The much lamented "You have loads of posts" insult and its many variations

Funny how your holier than thou attitude has flown right out the window with your now personal attacks on my person:)

But fine Mr hypocrite I'll bite, you want the last word, go ahead and take it:up:

Who's attacked I have merely stated my admiration for your posting ability. Why do you think you spend to much time posting? ;) I infer from your post others have noticed you are a prolific poster also.

Horrorfan said:
Guys, can we stop the virtual dick-waving contest now?

lol

Guyverjay said:
you want the last word, go ahead and take it:up:

Thank you I will accept and I have enjoyed this also, we must do it again sometime :)

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
It's nice to see the guy with "only" 12,000 posts supporting the guy with more than 25'000 over not using the internet much (running buddies?). ;) It's all fun guys enjoy your night in posting.

lol

- Whirly
Wow, you just attacked Johnny Blaze for absolutely no reason at all. :confused: Whirly, take a step back and just relax.

Now, what were we talking about again?

Guyverjay said:
Yes its a new innovation whereby you can...brace yourself for it..."SEARCH FOR SOMETHING"

Only internet experts know about it, I may be arrested for leaking this top secret info:eek:
Better watch out. They might have you under surveillance. :D

Harlekin said:
Wow, you just attacked Johnny Blaze for absolutely no reason at all. :confused: Whirly, take a step back and just relax.

Now, what were we talking about again?
Eh, if taking a jab at someone for no reason is what makes him feel better, that's cool. I doesn't really bother me too much what someone I don't know on some internet message board says. :up:

Still hurts to know you'll never get the chance to give him a shot in the face though.

Well, it wasn't that big of an insult, just some jab about my post count (which isn't really that insulting to me anyway since post count is not something I really care about).
But, there are some arguments I've been in on these boards where I wish I could wrap my hands around the other poster(s) neck. :o

All these high posters getting upset with me for pointing out some people have a high number of posts :confused:. Hey! no trouble guys. I'm not getting at you (much lol) I'm just stating the obvious. I may one day aspire to your dizzy heights..... Or not! ;)

:)

- end?

- Whirly

I can't talk for anyone else, but I'm not upset; takes a lot to get me mad. I was just mystified as to why you took a jab at me for absolutely no reason what-so-ever.

Johnny Blaze said:
I can't talk for anyone else, but I'm not upset; takes a lot to get me mad. I was just mystified as to why you took a jab at me for absolutely no reason what-so-ever.

Trust me on this I wasn't really taking anymore of a jab at you than you took at me. I should have chatted to your friend on pm really, rather than on here once he started becoming personal. After 25,000 posts in a forum you would expect him to have some friends, in fact I would have expected more :confused: lol.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Trust me on this I wasn't really taking anymore of a jab at you than you took at me. I should have chatted to your friend on pm really, rather than on here once he started becoming personal. After 25,000 posts in a forum you would expect him to have some friends.

- Whirly
Well, since I never even quoted you or talked/replied to you, what you said was more of a jab, or came out as such. I simply made a smartass comment to something Guyver said.

Johnny Blaze said:
Well, since I never even quoted you or talked/replied to you, what you said was more of a jab, or came out as such. I simply made a smartass comment to something Guyver said.

Oh, that's cool then and I apologise in that case, I thought the smatass comment was aimed at me by supporting him. As it wasn't my smartass comment was uncalled for and out of order, it was though the result of a misunderstanding so I hope you won't think to badly of me.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Oh, that's cool then and I apologise in that case, I thought the smatass comment was aimed at me by supporting him. As it wasn't my smartass comment was uncalled for and out of order, it was though the result of a misunderstanding so I hope you won't think to badly of me.

- Whirly
It's no big deal. As a wise man once said, **** happens. :up:

Back on topic: I'm not sure if Marvel vs. DC is Canon or not, but JLA/Avengers definetly is. It was mentioned in recent Marvel Handbooks, and the Cosmic Egg Krona was trapped in was mentioned in JLA, during that mess with the Crime Syndicate and the Qardians a few months ago, before Infinet(SP?) Crisis started.

MangleBoP said:
Back on topic: I'm not sure if Marvel vs. DC is Canon or not, but JLA/Avengers definetly is. It was mentioned in recent Marvel Handbooks, and the Cosmic Egg Krona was trapped in was mentioned in JLA, during that mess with the Crime Syndicate and the Qardians a few months ago, before Infinet(SP?) Crisis started.

I mentioned all this, thanks for the support.

- Whirly

Upon further research, I have concluded that Marvel vs. DC is NOT canon. And while Thor lost to Superman once, it was very close, (even Superman said so) and could easily have gone the other way. Sentry's limits remain a mystery, but I'm not sure the original Sentry mini is canon: There was no physical evidence afterward, no unexplained deathes or disapearances. So Sentry's fight with Galactus may have just been part of Bob's delusions.

Thor vs Superman indeed was a close fight, i first sruggled wiht the idea of my beloved thor losing to the man in tights but nonetheless he did lose and i understand why. unless thor gets a writer who actually likes him he will never be written to his full potential, i believe there is another thread out there now discussing this very issue. Thor and Superman are both equals in my book, however this sentry just seems like some uber bastard that has too much power to be in comics that is if we are taking the first mini seriously.

Whirlysplat said:
Your consistant posting over time is "impressive", I say this to both of you and it's nice you look out for each other). I bet your itching to post a reply arn't, we both know how much your "status" means to you. ;)

- Whirly

man 5-10 a day, you just joined in april and have over 700 man thats a lot. I joined last september and only have 107, i guess thats because i only post like .5 a day, lol well thats what my profile says i guess.

thor87 said:
Thor vs Superman indeed was a close fight, i first sruggled wiht the idea of my beloved thor losing to the man in tights but nonetheless he did lose and i understand why. unless thor gets a writer who actually likes him he will never be written to his full potential, i believe there is another thread out there now discussing this very issue. Thor and Superman are both equals in my book, however this sentry just seems like some uber bastard that has too much power to be in comics that is if we are taking the first mini seriously.

Think about it....characters like Sentry and the Thor, written to their full power extents all the time, would be boring. They would show up and crush the villain within three panels.....

Horrorfan said:
Think about it....characters like Sentry and the Thor, written to their full power extents all the time, would be boring. They would show up and crush the villain within three panels.....

Unless the writers are intelligent and imaginitive enough to create more powerful villains to match them (such as the collective) or utilize the more powerful but lesser used ones (Thanos or the Stranger come to mind). That's why I like the cosmic characters. There's no limit to what they may encounter in the great unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"