Can Illumination Entertainment make a Namor movie?

Well you'd figure they'd wish to get it all untangled and out for it to be plainly seen.

I know it's just wishful thinking here, but it would be rad if Marvel got the rights back to Fantastic Four and Namor and used them together.

I just don't understand for the life of me about this. Either you do or you don't own the rights to a character or property. Its just that simple. If the legal complications of owning Namor is preventing Marvel from using him in any way, they don't own him in my eyes.

I just don't understand for the life of me about this. Either you do or you don't own the rights to a character or property. Its just that simple. If the legal complications of owning Namor is preventing Marvel from using him in any way, they don't own him in my eyes.

I take it as meaning when they say they have the rights that they have ultimate say against any other studio attempting to make a film or use any characters associated with the Namor property.

However, they can't really use him themselves without the other studio (Universal) and who ever else it ties to, being involved in some capacity. Hulk probably had a different agreement. They have full creative control to use in all other films except solo where the distribution lies with Universal. It all boils down to legalities and money.

I take it as meaning when they say they have the rights that they have ultimate say against any other studio attempting to make a film or use any characters associated with the Namor property.

However, they can't really use him themselves without the other studio (Universal) and who ever else it ties to, being involved in some capacity. Hulk probably had a different agreement. They have full creative control to use in all other films except solo where the distribution lies with Universal. It all boils down to legalities and money.

Its funny to me that Universal gave at least part ownership up on the Hulk, or at least an agreement was made. he seems to be the bigger named prize. I wonder why Universal wont budge on Namor yet.

Its funny to me that Universal gave at least part ownership up on the Hulk, or at least an agreement was made. he seems to be the bigger named prize. I wonder why Universal wont budge on Namor yet.

Those deals were probably made when they were just dealing with Marvel Studios before Disney bought them out. It was Marvel who wanted to reboot Hulk and take the risk while Universal retained distribution.

I honestly don't believe Disney/Marvel has made much mention of Namor yet because they have no intention of using him immediately in the MCU. He's not a priority. So they are just letting it play out a little longer to let the rights lapse completely. Universal has NO INTENTION of making Namor.

Those deals were probably made when they were just dealing with Marvel Studios before Disney bought them out. It was Marvel who wanted to reboot Hulk and take the risk while Universal retained distribution.

I honestly don't believe Disney/Marvel has made much mention of Namor yet because they have no intention of using him immediately in the MCU. He's not a priority. So they are just letting it play out a little longer to let the rights lapse completely. Universal has NO INTENTION of making Namor.

I gotcha. Marvel may be just playing a waiting game then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"