What about Namor?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
Am I the only one kind of saddened/ disappointed by the fact that Namor doesn't even get mentioned by Kevin Feige as a possible project?

I'm a bit of a silver age fetishist, but I've always viewed The Sub-Mariner as a top 10, maybe top 12 Marvel solo character at worst, and I think it's sad that he isn't being looked at as a serious contender for a film.

Namor movie would be absurdly expensive at this point in time.

Let James Cameron develop his underwater filming tech for Avatar 2, then come back to it :oldrazz:

I would like to see Namor 1st introduced in a movie like the Avengers or the Fantastic Four as a major bad guy (as Loki was) who by the end of the film maybe isn't a good guy but respects the good guys. He leads Atlantis in an invasion on Earth but the good guys are able to fend them off until Namor retreats (or sends them all home).
And then he gets his own film and the audience already knows him as a major bad guy, but now he is presented as a good guy, but not in a prequel that shows how he became bad, but in a sequel that continues his story from him being bad in the Avengers (or the FF or whatever). So the audience sees that he stands in between good and evil and not on either side.
They can even use the reasoning Marvel had in the comics, "he is from a different world with different morals and different ethics and beliefs. So how can we judge him by ours?"

Isn't he the womanizer in the comics? He can be girl's favorite over Loki. :woot:

MEpSkddIjqm7znptlPNRQgWjo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
He's not even listed as one of the new comics of Marvel NOW so he's the least among Marvel's priority as of now.

Making an underwater character movie is expensive, thank god DC relies more on their underwater franchise than Marvel who already their hands full on others.

The only time i would want to see Namor in a movie is a cameo like in the reboot Fantastic Four movie as a side character that helps them fight Dr. Doom. He must have his green underwear and flight wings though and trident to control the waters.

If Marvel gets Silver Surfer back in its deal with Fox, Silver Surfer can be its new taste test for whether or not to start a Defenders series? With Namor and Dr. Strange to follow.

If Marvel gets Silver Surfer back in its deal with Fox,
Silver Surfer can be its new taste test for whether or not to start a Defenders series?
With Namor and Dr. Strange to follow.
They can make it part of the Avengers universe and do that by using the Hulk,
who will also bring in the crowds too. They will come to see the Hulk from the
Avengers and stay to see the others. Plus the Avengers universe will also now
have Dr. Strange, Namor, and Silver Surfer added to it.
2251770-character3.png

615815-hulkthe010_cov.jpg

Last edited:
Sub-Mariner is back under Marvel's direct control, and that's good. I'm content to leave him as a surprise for a future Avengers-verse film.. (not Fox's F4, no thanks)

you can't expect them to name every character they are going to use, let something be a surprise. maybe he will show up in the new tv show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"