Daniel Dae Kim Wants Wings On His Feet

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
SOURCE

Even though "Lost" will be ending in a few short weeks, Daniel Dae Kim would like to stay in the water as Namor the Sub Mariner — Marvel's first mutant.

“Living in Hawaii, I’m always in the water," explained Kim during an interview with UGO, "And I think Sub-Mariner looks Asian. So I feel like if there’s any one I could play, it would be him. I’ve met with Marvel about a few other things, but if and when it becomes appropriate — sure, if they’d have me.”

Prior to starring on "Lost," Kim appeared in an impressive array of genre TV series including "Crusade," "Angel," "Star Trek: Enterprise," "Charmed" and "24." Kim has also voiced Metron of the New Gods in the "Justice League Unlimited" animated series. His next role will be as Detective Chin Ho Kelly in a potential revival of "Hawaii Five-O."

Namor was created back in 1939 by Bill Everett and is one of Marvel's earliest superhero characters.

Back in 2006, "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" director Jonathan Mostow signed on to write and direct a "Namor" feature film. Last year, Mostow told MTV News that the project was still in the works.

"These characters have been around forever and to really do justice to them and make the right movie, you have to get the script right," said Mostow. "So we're still working on that and we'll see. With everything Marvel, we like to keep it in a shroud of secrecy."

Vin Diesel has also previously expressed his interest in appearing as Namor in a potential feature film.

Had no idea that he voiced Metron in JLU. I would prefer him over Diesel as though I'm unsure of both.

he was also in 'spider-man2' and ang lee's 'hulk', he sure got around before 'lost' took up his time, he was my 'where's wally' guy for genre movies/tv shows back in the day.
as namor? i don't know, the guy is pretty good, but i don't know if he's grand enough for namor, i always thought james marsters would be a perfect namor.

He's met with Marvel for other things? I wonder what other things.

Arnold Vosloo is my top pick for Namor

he could be meeting with them over anything....potential smaller film roles(Wong in Dr Strange) or casting (Mandarin in IM3,Japanese villain in Cap, Sunfire in XMFC)

I could see him in that role, my main problem with Namor is that I don't think he's strong enough to be a starring character in a movie. I could see him in a strong supporting role in the Avengers or Fantastic Four, but that's about it.

he was also in 'spider-man2' and ang lee's 'hulk', he sure got around before 'lost' took up his time, he was my 'where's wally' guy for genre movies/tv shows back in the day.
as namor? i don't know, the guy is pretty good, but i don't know if he's grand enough for namor, i always thought james marsters would be a perfect namor.

who was he in SM2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"