Can You Believe This??

Memphis Slim

Superhero
Reaction score
Cops: Tape Shows at Least 10 Witnesses Ignoring Minnesota Woman's Cries for Help During Sexual Assault :cmad:

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A security video from an apartment hallway shows at least 10 witnesses ignored a woman's cries for help for more than an hour as a man beat and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors in Minnesota said.
The surveillance video clearly showed men and women looking out their apartment doors or starting to walk down the hallway before retreating as the woman was assaulted for nearly 90 minutes, police spokesman Tom Walsh said.
Police said they responded to a call of drunken behavior and found Somali immigrant Rage Ibrahim, 25, and a woman lying unconscious in the hallway early Tuesday. The woman's clothing had been pulled up and she had fresh scratches on her face and blood on her thigh, according to the criminal complaint.
• Ibrahim says he is innocent and that the incident was a misunderstanding, according to Omar Jamal, the executive director of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center, who spoke on Ibrahim's behalf.
Ibrahim was charged with several counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, prosecutors said.

Walsh said police were shocked by the behavior of the bystanders.
"(The video) shows one person looking out of her door probably three times," Walsh said. "It shows another person walking up, observing what's going on, then turning and putting up the hood of his sweatshirt."
At one point, the 26-year-old woman knocked on a door, yelling for the occupants to call police. A man inside that apartment told police he did not open the door or look out, but said he did call police — although they have no record of his call, according to court documents.
Minnesota law makes it a petty misdemeanor to not give reasonable help to a person in danger of "grave physical harm."
Walsh said it is unlikely police would pursue charges against witnesses in this case because authorities would have to show that witnesses knew the woman was in extreme danger.
Jamal said Ibrahim went into the hallway after the woman because he thought she was too drunk to drive. They struggled over car keys, and "he is saying there was a huge misunderstanding," Jamal said, adding that the police report does not show "the truth of what happened that night."
"He did not rape her," Jamal said.

Man, that is just sad. I really don't understand the mindset of someone who can see a person doing something horrible to another human being and just turn and walk away without doing anything at all. At least call the cops for crying out loud if you don't want to get directly involved. Those people all suck.

jag

if i had back, im kinda weak but if i was ever in a situation to help someone thats getting mugged or beat or assaulted id do my best to help the assaultys

All those people just looked on..........man...

It sounds to me like some of them regarded it as entertainment, even. That's truly disgusting and offensive to me as a human being.

jag

Like the woman who had been stabbed in a grocery store, and people not only walked by, some even stopped to pick up groceries in the aisle before moving on past her! Society as a whole is pretty f***ed.

I READ THIS AND WANT TO HULK OUT AND **** UP EVERY ****ING **** THAT WAS THERE AND DID NOT STOP IT. :cmad: :cmad: :cmad: :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

^ya know, like pssht . . .

Ugh, I'm not usually into good samaritan laws but these people enabled the criminal. They should be considered accessories to the crime.

SO

We're all agreed that if you see someone committing a horrible crime against someone else, and you have the power to stop them, but you do nothing, that you're in the wrong.....someone called these bystanders "Stupid F***ing Bastards", for example.

Agreed?

'Cause I hope none of you are Christians as that's what God/Jesus does every single day, times billions.
Just watched the Nazis emperimenting on little girls, starving them, killing them, could've stopped 'em at any time but chose to let it all play out.

The God of the Christians is the biggest criminal of all. :o

shoot them, those that ignored her cries. Don't need people like that around. IMHO

Police said they responded to a call of drunken behavior and found Somali immigrant Rage Ibrahim, 25, and a woman lying unconscious in the hallway early Tuesday.

Why are these words in bold? Just curious.

SO

We're all agreed that if you see someone committing a horrible crime against someone else, and you have the power to stop them, but you do nothing, that you're in the wrong.....someone called these bystanders "Stupid F***ing Bastards", for example.

Agreed?

'Cause I hope none of you are Christians as that's what God/Jesus does every single day, times billions.
Just watched the Nazis emperimenting on little girls, starving them, killing them, could've stopped 'em at any time but chose to let it all play out.

Duh! :oldrazz:

It never ceases to amaze how *****ed up our society has become. At what point did the world officially go to hell? :csad:

blasphemy.jpg

SO

Agreed?

Damnit...now you're gonna draw Squeekness and Rodhulk into this thread! :cmad:

SO

Agreed?

I think you stumbled into the wrong thread.:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"