Cancelled games you both rue and lament...

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
So this is the thread to rue and lament (tm) the cancellation of games that you wish would have made it to stores, and that got cancelled before there time. I will also post, by each of my choices, a 'replacement' title which is similar in themes that will help me get over my loss :(

I would have to say first of all is Aliens Colonial Marines. I will never understand why this one got canned in the first place...even now, after many years of PS2 releases, it looks better than most PS2 games. I also rue and lament that AVP2 was scheduled for PS2 release, before being scrapped for reasons I'm not too sure of. I loved AVP Extinction, but I still am hankering for a next gen FPS Aliens game (I loved the last effort, Alien Resurrection, which was originally intended to be a RE style 3rd person survival horror).

Alternatives: Alien vs Predator Extinction, Gears of War, Doom 3, Quake 4

Even though the Shield game honestly didn't look that great, it's The Shield damn it! I wanted to play as Vic 'PIMP' Mackey, and plant evidence on dealers to secure convictions and beat up criminal scum :(

Alternatives: True Crime New York, Urban Chaos: Riot Response

As a zombie affitionado, there are two games that the loss still stings :(
Dead Rush is one. For many years, people have often speculated that a GTA meets zombies games would be awesome. This game looked to deliver on that promise, with vehicals, on foot action and zombies galore. Sadly, it showed much promise before being canned. It was to be from Treyarch, the guys who did the excellent Spiderman 2 movie game (and less than excellent Ultimate Spiderman). After that sadness, I was excited to learn that an official George Romer living dead game would be hitting shelves as a fps in the form of City of the Dead, which would feature locations from the movies, such as a farm, a mall, military complex and a whole new storyline...which also was cancelled (though Land of The Dead: Road To Fiddlers Green was a worthy substitute),

Even now I try not to get my hopes up for zombie games being released :(
Even Dead Rising and Posession, two excellent games....I will not be content untill both games are cradled lovingly in my hands to play any time I wish :( :(

Alternatives: Land of the Dead: RTFG, Dead Rising

100 bullets. :(

i think they started working on it again, though... so that's good.

I'm going to go ahead and say Duke Nukem: Forever. I don't care all that much about it, but it was rediculous how they kept starting and stopping that friggin game.

ToddIsDead said:
I'm going to go ahead and say Duke Nukem: Forever. I don't care all that much about it, but it was rediculous how they kept starting and stopping that friggin game.

Isn't that being made still?

I have no idea. It's been in the works for the better part of a decade.

The Advent Trilogy
Stargate SG1: the Alliance
Xenosaga Episodes 1 - 6 (last I heard they have now decided to keep it at 3 Games)

sam & max 2 and full throttle 2. damn you lucasarts! :(

Bat Brain said:
Wasn't Sam and Max 2 picked up?
Yes, but the way I understand it.. The game was finished, Lucasarts just decided not to release it.
And now Telltale games has rights, but has to start from scratch.

This one is easy...

True Fantasy Live Online

:(

lol I looked at Amazon & they keep changing the Date for the SG1 Game. This item will be released on December 31, 2006. A few Months ago it was October

Kirby tilt and tumble advanced and the cube version

was Dead Rush that zombie game featured in game informer that showed the one in game picture of one or two people on top of a car in a tunnel surrounded by literally THOUSANDS of zombies?

that looked ****ing badass.

B.C.
Daredevil (STILL pissed off about this one. The radar sense looked F'ing cool)

Frame City Killer for Xbox 360, and the Daredevil game.

Christ, and they both looked really fun.

StarCraft: Ghost

In Gamespot, they say that the game is almost dead, if it isn´t already :(

BeserkerHilf said:
was Dead Rush that zombie game featured in game informer that showed the one in game picture of one or two people on top of a car in a tunnel surrounded by literally THOUSANDS of zombies?

that looked ****ing badass.

No, that''s dead rising....luckily, that's still coming out.

Resident Evil for GCC, I was in ****ing grade school and used the computers everday to go to IGNPOCKET and check to see how this game was coming along. There were like 3 updates the whole year, but me and my friends went to the screenshots to oooh and aah about the game.

Then one day it was gone...... but IGN understood and had a little piano tribute to the game too. :(

Gotta say Daredevil. It was the only game I've ever truly waited for once I learned of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"