Best non FPS games of this gen?

StrainedEyes

All the way up it!
Reaction score
What non first person shooter games do you like from this gen? There seem to be a flood of shooters constantly and it's hard to find something else that stands out.

Assassin's Creed is the only real stand out for me. I loved Dead Rising but have sadly lost interest in going back and killing me some zombies.

Depends if we're talking third-person shooters too.

If we're not, then (excluding the Wii because the non-FPS' there are obvious choices) Ratchet and Clank, Oblivion, MotorStorm, Burnout: Paradise...

There's a lot to come in terms of non-shooters though. Too Human, Alan Wake, Little Big Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2, LOADS more...

Uncharted would get my vote for the PS3

If we're not counting Wii which has Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, the latter of which I'd say is the best game this gen, FPS or otherwise...I'd have to say Oblivion, though it is too early to make any call at all. WE've yet to see Smash Brothers, Mortal Kombat 9, Metal Gear Solid 4, Probably another Zelda and Mario at some point, GTA IV, and Resident Evil 5. The great ones are left to come. It just seems like we are stuck with FPS' while we wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"