Wow. Nintendo gets Goldeneye cancelled for both 360 and Wii.

Ryuuie

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well, I'll put it this way:

Activision owns the Bond game license, Rare owns the Goldeneye code.

Activision and Rare decide to put an upgraded version of Goldeneye on the 360's Xbox Live Arcade. To not leave Nintendo out (since the game was originally on the Nintendo 64), Rare decided to ALSO put Goldeneye on the Wii's Virtual Console along with all of their old games (Conker's Bad Fur Day, the Banjo games...etc.) .

Reggie Fils-Aime (president of the North American Nintendo division) said it was ok, that he knew how much it'd mean for gamers.

Satoru Iwata (president and CEO of Nintendo) said no, that he'd never allow Goldeneye to be on another console.

Keep in mind, Nintendo had NO say in any of this, but since Activision loves Nintendo so much and doesn't want to hurt their friendship, they cancelled the whole project. No XBLA or VC version of Goldeneye.

Yes, Goldeneye is still for 64 and some of you may still have the game. When Banjo is possibly put on XBLA, Nintendo can't stop Rare. Activision has nothing to do with that game.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=36601

xw360-g007xbla-d-page1.jpg

xw360-g007xbla-c-page2.jpg

xw360-g007xbla-b-page3.jpg

xw360-g007xbla-a-page4.jpg

I'm a little bummed, but other Rare games coming out on Live Arcade make up for no Goldeneye in my book.

Rare has essentially said that they're going to make another game using that engine for the 360 if this happened. So I would expect that on the 360 now.

Son of a...i would have loved to get Goldeneye and the Banjo games on the VC regardless if it was also on XBLA...this sucks dude

Rare has essentially said that they're going to make another game using that engine for the 360 if this happened. So I would expect that on the 360 now.

It just won't be the same :csad:

It won't be the same. Man I use to ****ing love Golden Eye. I would have killed for it on either system. :(

It's just so weird. Nintendo has absolutely no say in it, and Rare was being nice and allowing them to put the original on VC. It really sucks that because of one guys unwarranted stubbornness, neither system will get such a great game.

I really hope this eventually turns around. This is the one game I really want on VC. I'd be more than willing to buy both versions on both systems.

It really would be a huge success for MS.

It just won't be the same :csad:

No doubt. But it could still be great. And there's always a chance for Perfect Dark. I might get stoned to death for saying this, but I was never a big fan of either game. They were ok, but the 64 controller was horrid for FPS games. I was looking forward to playing this with the 360 controller to see if that upped my enjoyment of it. I guess that wont be happening now though.

Won't get stoned any more than if you were to say that you aren't a fan of Mario games but while saying nothing negative about the games at all. I'm still dodging bullets from that one.

Won't get stoned any more than if you were to say that you aren't a fan of Mario games but while saying nothing negative about the games at all. I'm still dodging bullets from that one.

:whatever: God, you're so weird. How old are you?

Yeah, god I'm so weird. I don't like Mario. Mercy!

Yeah, god I'm so weird. I don't like Mario. Mercy!

I haven't brought that up in awhile. As I said before, you personally, how you respond and how you write, is just weird.

Dude I don't even know what you are talking about with that. How I write?

Dude I don't even know what you are talking about with that. How I write?

Yes. What you say and the way you say it. It's all just strange. How old are you? Because you're either really young or really old.

Neither. Can you give an example of what you mean?

Right Now a Giant Mob of angry goldeneye lovin gamers are running to Satoru Iwata's Castle with pitchforks and flamming sticks! :cmad:

Sad news. But the article mentioning a chance for PD is salivating. I always preferred that over GE. :up:

This whole debacle is further evidence that Iwata is a great big @$&#.

The last i read about this all project, i think was on Kotaku, was Activision saying that they had nothing to do with the Goldeneye, even if now hold the rights to 007.

Way to go Nintendo of Japan. American side understood what it meant for the fans but NOOOO! Japan has to be greedy morons about it.

This is one of the most shameless ridiculous decisions I've seen in the gaming world in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"