Iron Fist Cancelled!

They needed to up the budget so we could get some really good action sequences.

You're conflating things. The physical look can be close enough and that will be fine as long as the character personality and attitude is done right.

Somebody could've easily said that a simple goody two shoes Cap will never work on film, but good directing and a great actor made it perfect.

We got Cage's boring cousin in this show. That was the main problem
but goody two shoes Cap is something to be mocked rather than to be taken pride in.

Again, I didn't read the LC comics. I'm just saying how his comic origins (and bravado) can be somewhat controversial in this day and age. Colter wanted to see it from a different perspective as did the showrunner.

He was def JACKED.

I like Colter. His Cage is very Learned. But I never really understood the backstory on Netlfix. Luke was a former cop and soldier who got jailed because of what exactly?
Honestly thought he was playing Luke Cage when he was first introduced in AoS.

I'd have liked J. August Richards (aka Gunn from Angel) had they done the show 5 years ago.

I think Colter does well. He doesn't have a lot of range as an actor, but he fits the role well. Maybe the writers can expand on the character in future appearances.

Disney announced the name of their new service (Disney+) along with another Star Wars show. The only Marvel show they announced was the Loki one so I doubt a Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon show is going to happen. I think they are going after a wider audience with their shows, and movie characters have much more brand recognition than the Netflix ones.

I'm not saying I think it's going to happen either, but the fact that only Loki was announced strengthens the odds of there being unannounced shows.

With the mature content of this show I believe Hulu is a better fit.

The whole tweet thread is worth a read and makes sense from a profitability perspective for both Disney and Netflix. Netflix just doesn't need the buzz of Marvel like it used to in order to grow its subscriber base. And Disney is not going to take someone else's sloppy seconds. Looks like we won't see these characters again for a long time (and will probably be recast if they do).

I read it but he mistakenly says Luke Cage had two showrunners in two seasons and so did Jessica Jones. No it did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"