Captain America: Brave New World - News & Speculation Thread

And I thought this was safe for neXt year... well Marvel could use some break but geez. I wish this film didn't happen in the first place, same with Thunderbolts.

Source is Jeff Sneider, who has been striking out lately with his scoops. I'd take it with a grain of salt for now.
It makes sense, though. Why else would they delay a finished film by a year, leaving only one movie for their slate in 2024?

It makes sense, though. Why else would they delay a finished film by a year, leaving only one movie for their slate in 2024?
It's being delayed by 6 months, not a year. And while they did wrap filming in June, it was reported they would make any adjustments and rewrites when they did reshoots.

Either way, regardless if it's true or not, this seems to be a sign that they at least want to give their projects more time given all their recent fumbles.

This film obviously has issues that they are delaying it to 2025, while an unfinished film (Deadpool) is still targetting a summer 2024 release.

Also four mcu movies in 2025... how is that going to happen?

It's being delayed by 6 months, not a year. And while they did wrap filming in June, it was reported they would make any adjustments and rewrites when they did reshoots.

Either way, regardless if it's true or not, this seems to be a sign that they at least want to give their projects more time given all their recent fumbles.
Seven months, but yeah. I meant a year after the original date on May, which is still nine months, not an entire year, but whatever. The point is the movie has finished shooting, it could have taken Deadpool's previous date. If it's delayed by that much it screams major reworking.

By releasing 4 movies in 2025? Not sure what you're getting at.
Surely they wanted to space these films better after the low tracking of The Marvels.

For neXt year, it looks like we are going to some break with 1 only film. But for 2025, its suddenly back to Marvel overload... it also doesn't help that those 4 films aren't sequels to any previous mcu films... even if they managed to film and release those, how can we be sure that releasing 4 Marvel movies from Feb to Nov wouldn't lead to some franchise fatigue once again and not so great boX office numbers?

Surely they wanted to space these films better after the low tracking of The Marvels.

For neXt year, it looks like we are going to some break with 1 only film. But for 2025, its suddenly back to Marvel overload... it also doesn't help that those 4 films aren't sequels to any previous mcu films... even if they managed to film and release those, how can we be sure that releasing 4 Marvel movies from Feb to Nov would lead to some franchise fatigue once again?
Sure but they're releasing 4 in 2025 to make up for only 1 in 2024. 3 of these movies are getting an additional 7-9 months of production time to for more quality control. And who know if FF doesn't get delayed either down the road.

People aren't going to complain about MCU fatigue if the movies are good.

Sure but they're releasing 4 in 2025 to make up for only 1 in 2024. 3 of these movies are getting an additional 7-9 months of production time to for more quality control. And who know if FF doesn't get delayed either down the road.

Releasing 4 mcu movies the year after they released one, would take so much for "spacing out these movies" better. It's just not good scheduling.

They aren't making up to the audience by releasing 4 movies in 2025. They would eXhaust the audience once again, and all that break in 2024 would be for nothing. We aren't even counting the possible D+ Mcu shows and Sony Marvel movies coming out in 2025. Its simply way too much.

And I don't agree just because the movies are good, it doesn't mean the audience won't get eXhausted/fatigue. The more products Marvel releases every year, the more likely the audience would Cherry pick the ones they really want to see in the cinemas, leading to diminishing boX office numbers.

That bad, huh?

Not that surprising with that director and writer.

Releasing 4 mcu movies the year after they released one, would take so much for "spacing out these movies" better. It's just not good scheduling.

They aren't making up to the audience by releasing 4 movies in 2025. They would eXhaust the audience once again, and all that break in 2024 would be for nothing. We aren't even counting the possible D+ Mcu shows and Sony Marvel movies coming out in 2025. Its simply way too much.

And I don't agree just because the movies are good, it doesn't mean the audience won't get eXhausted/fatigue. The more products Marvel releases every year, the more likely the audience would Cherry pick the ones they really want to see in the cinemas, leading to diminishing boX office numbers.
My dude your solution consisted of Marvel cancelling half of their projects, which was never going to happen. The amount of months in between these movies are spaced out far enoguh that they are not going to canniblize each other's box office. Could people be exhausted in 2 years? Sure, I'm not gonna speak like I'm so certain that couldn't be a possiblity. But 2 years is a long time and a lot can change in terms of public perception.

My dude your solution consisted of Marvel cancelling half of their projects, which was never going to happen. The amount of months in between these movies are spaced out far enoguh that they are not going to canniblize each other's box office. Could people be exhausted in 2 years? Sure, I'm not gonna speak like I'm so certain that couldn't be a possiblity. But 2 years is a long time and a lot can change in terms of public perception.
Canceling stuff is better than losing more millions for a future film that isn't filmed yet (aka Thunderbolts). And no, 4 Marvel movies in 10 months isn't spaced out well, especially those 10 months can easily fly by to some people and you'd hear this usual saying of "another Marvel movie again when I just saw one" from the general public.

Also I forgot to mention in my last post, if you can afford to watch 4 "good" MCU movies in the cinemas which I can to - that still doesn't apply to everybody. There are other films out there outside Marvel/action films. Movie tickets are eXpensive for everyone to check out 4 "good" mcu movies in a single year. A Disney+ subscription fee also is much cheaper compare to a single ticket. People already have a cheaper option to watch MCU movies, why do you think people are gonna still just show up to the cinemas for every 2025 mcu marvel, especially these four, like i said, aren't sequels to previous mcu films.

Also 2 years? I'm talking about releasing 4 movies from February 2025 to November 2025. Outside Marvel Studios, there aren't any other movie franchise that releases 3 to 4 movies per year.

Outside Marvel Studios, there aren't any other movie franchise that releases 3 to 4 movies per year.
Well aside from Sony's Spider-Man Universe which also features Marvel characters... see Marvel is way oversaturated at this point.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree here. Anything we say isn't gonna convince the other. So we'll just have to see what happens in 2025.

I wonder if they're gonna remove a certain character.

Z4r9lde.jpg

I wonder if they're gonna remove a certain character.

Z4r9lde.jpg
I know a few months back, some scoopers said that her character was working for the CIA and not Israel. So take that for what you will.

Last edited:
Post in thread 'Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe' Marvel Films - Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Like I said in that thread, I don't eXpect Marvel to keep its current 2025 line up intact. Things would change,and those dates could be merely placeholder dates, for their other film to take eventually.

That being said, Captain America 4 could have been easily a 2024 movie, with filming being finished months ago. The report of massive reshoots is big red flag, and if this film ends up as another miss for Marvel Studios. It would swander the goodwill from Deadpool (if that movie becomes successful in 2024), and would potentially hurt the chances of the public being more interested in other MCU offerings in 2025.

I don't think "MCU fatigue" is a thing. "Getting bored" is a thing, but you don't just get bored of stuff that you're enjoying (especially not when even the most packed MCU year still has less content than a season of an animated kids show). Whenever I finish a movie that gets me hyped, I always want to find out what happens next ASAP, and the wait is always way longer than I want it to be. There isn't some arbitrary amount of time I need to wait in order to to stave off fatigue.

The problem is that Marvel movies aren't really building hype for each other anymore. The teases for future movies are so vague and take forever to pay off, and aren't even always paid off in other movies (in fact I think the only payoffs for teases we've gotten since Endgame have been in Disney+ shows), and we're going too long between direct sequels and major crossovers between all the latest MCU films. For all intents and purposes the MCU films are practically just a bunch of random unconnected franchises that succeed or fail on their own now.

Last edited:
Don't the majority of Americans (and Hollywood) support Israel and the IDF?
Hollywood does
Most Americans support the Israeli people, but their government is divisive, and definitely not the IDF

and yeah, Sabra won't be Mossad, and most likely won't go by that name

I don't think "MCU fatigue" is a thing. "Getting bored" is a thing, but you don't just get bored of stuff that you're enjoying (especially not when even the most packed MCU year still has less content than a season of an animated kids show). Whenever I finish a movie that gets me hyped, I always want to find out what happens next ASAP, and the wait is always way longer than I want it to be. There isn't some arbitrary amount of time I need to wait into to stave off fatigue.

The problem is that Marvel movies aren't really building hype for each other anymore. The teases for future movies are so vague and take forever to pay off, and aren't even always paid off in other movies (in fact I think the only payoffs for teases we've gotten since Endgame have been in Disney+ shows), and we're going too long between direct sequels and major crossovers between all the latest MCU films. For all intents and purposes the MCU films are practically just a bunch of random unconnected franchises that succeed or fail on their own now.
I think one part of the problem is the credit scenes they are choosing to do (not all of but some). I looked back at the end credits for the Infinity Saga (not including the clearly joke scenes), a majority of them were set ups for movies that were in the middle of production and coming out the next year. Part of that was due to some scenes that were either shot by the next director (like Gunn directing the Dark World mid-credit scene while he was doing Guardians or Whedon directing the Winter Soldier mid-credit scene while he was doing AoU) while others were scenes from an upcoming movie (IM2 showing the Thor hammer scene or Ant-Man showing the Steve/Sam Civil War scene).

Not all were like this mind you (like the original IM scene with Fury, since Avengers was 4 years out at that point), but enough that you didn't think plot threads or characters were getting forgotten about. I don't think this problem applies to everything in Phase 4 or 5 (Black Widow's set up Hawkeye which came out that same year), but I think those are the minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"