Captain America: Brave New World - News & Speculation Thread

I highly disagree that being a good movie means people would instantly show up. See what happened with DCEU with Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad. I can give the latter a pass, but Birds of Prey was released before the pandemic.

So even if all of these Marvel movies end up "good" including the ones from Sony. They shouldn't come out so soon, next to each other. Movie tickets aren't cheap and its easier to watch film on Disney+ and NetfliX.

I think one part of the problem is the credit scenes they are choosing to do (not all of but some). I looked back at the end credits for the Infinity Saga (not including the clearly joke scenes), a majority of them were set ups for movies that were in the middle of production and coming out the next year. Part of that was due to some scenes that were either shot by the next director (like Gunn directing the Dark World mid-credit scene while he was doing Guardians or Whedon directing the Winter Soldier mid-credit scene while he was doing AoU) while others were scenes from an upcoming movie (IM2 showing the Thor hammer scene or Ant-Man showing the Steve/Sam Civil War scene).

Not all were like this mind you (like the original IM scene with Fury, since Avengers was 4 years out at that point)

Technically that was followed up on somewhat in TiH (with Tony now showing up to talk about the Avengers initiative), and then even more in IM2 where Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. are featured prominently. Then IM2's ending leads directly into Thor, and Thor's post credits teases the tesseract that we then learn about in TFA (which also has Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. show up again and find Steve), which then ends with a tease for Avengers.

It really was just a constant reinforcement of hype for the next thing or nearly the next thing, with a good general idea of what the teases were teasing.

And yeah out of these past two phases the best use of a post credits scene in a movie (so far) wasn't even for a movie, as you said, the BW post-credits tied very directly and clearly into Hawkeye which came out promptly. But man, imagine how the casual movie-only viewers must feel trying to make sense of all these posts-credits teases.

BW: Yelena is sent to go kill Hawkeye. Followed up on in a Disney+ show.

Shang Chi: One post-credits scene sets up a mysterious alien signal from space and the other sets up the return of the Ten Rings organization. Neither have been followed up on and we don't know when or where they will be.

Eternals: One sets up Eris the brother of Thanos...no idea where that's going or why it needed to be teased. Another sets up Blade, which is still years away (four years after Eternals) and many films after Eternals. Only teased because a character from Eternals will also be in Blade (although I've heard that Black Knight might not even be in Blade, so who knows)

No Way Home: Eddie Brock from the Venomverse gets drunk and leaves behind a bit of symbiote. No idea what the heck they plan to do with this or why they decided to introduce Venom to the MCU through a gag scene.

Multiverse of Madness: A mysterious character recruits Dr. Strange to go to the Dark Dimension and stop an incursion (and at the same time an eye suddenly appears on Strange's forehead). Presumably this will be followed up with Secret Wars in 2027, but that's only apparent if you know about the comics Secret Wars storyline and how an incursion creates Battleworld.

Love and Thunder: Zeus sends Hercules to go kill Thor. No idea when or where this will be followed up on.

Wakanda Forever: T'Challa's son is revealed to also be named T'Challa, implying that he'll probably be the next Black Panther at some point. Probably won't be followed up on until after Shuri's actor quits.

Quantumania: The Council of Kangs is revealed and they want to stop the Avengers from messing with the multiverse. Obviously setting up Kang Dynasty in 2026. Probably pretty confusing if you haven't seen Loki and have no comics knowledge, though.

GotG3: One post-credits scene establishes the new GotG team on a space adventure. Another establishes Star-Lord back on Earth. Unclear when or where these will be followed up on.

The Marvels: Monica ends up trapped in an alternate dimension where she meets Beast, played by his Fox actor. I assume this is a tease for Deadpool 3? If so that would be a positive change of pace since it would be the first MCU movie since Phase 3 to tease something that promptly gets followed up on in another movie.

Honestly looking back on it in order it really feels even more random and disconnected than I remembered.

Last edited:
Too many ideas, so little time.

And it's happening when MCU already peaked.

Should’ve just given the shield to Bucky and go from there.

Or maybe they should just left off the Captain America mantle to Steve Rogers when he retired. This underperforming or doing as bad as the Marvels in February 2025 would just tarnish the Captain America brand.

Before the Marvels came out, I was eXpecting this to gross at least $175 million in NA, with $250 million as the highest possible number. But after the Marvels... I guess I'd be just fine with this hitting $100 million domestically. But that number won't be good compare to previous CA movies.

These rewrites better be good... 2025 is going to be another bloodbath year for Marvel Studios.

These rewrites better be good... 2025 is going to be another bloodbath year for Marvel Studios.
I'm with you there. They'll need some masterful rewrites. Because adding onto the budget of a movie that wasn't likely to do amazing in the first place...is going to make the margin for error even smaller. My gut is that passing the mantel onto Sam was just dumb. He already had a very fleshed out identity and a cool superhero name that suited his abilities. It's fine to let a title end. It made sense for Steve to have it and carry it. But it could be laid to rest.

2025 could be a true bloodbath. There aren't many certainties for hits. Fantastic Four could possibly do well if they nail the casting and story. But even Guardians 3 had some struggles so they might have to treat it like a building up movie for the brand. Thunderbolts? Good luck there. Who knows if Blade will actually come out at all with the behind the scenes chaos. Yeah, I'm worried.

I'm with you there. They'll need some masterful rewrites. Because adding onto the budget of a movie that wasn't likely to do amazing in the first place...is going to make the margin for error even smaller. My gut is that passing the mantel onto Sam was just dumb. He already had a very fleshed out identity and a cool superhero name that suited his abilities. It's fine to let a title end. It made sense for Steve to have it and carry it. But it could be laid to rest.

2025 could be a true bloodbath. There aren't many certainties for hits. Fantastic Four could possibly do well if they nail the casting and story. But even Guardians 3 had some struggles so they might have to treat it like a building up movie for the brand. Thunderbolts? Good luck there. Who knows if Blade will actually come out at all with the behind the scenes chaos. Yeah, I'm worried.
Spider-Man needs to be released in between any of those. None of those 4 lined up in 2025, are tried and tested by Disney/MCU.

Well damn. I'd like to know how "bad" a film that wasn't affected by the strikes to be delayed to 2025, is. Meanwhile, Deadpool just wrapped filming this month and will be released in siX months.

Serpent Society on paper, sounds interesting to me and its not encouraging to me, that they have been cut? Like it must be that bad to be completely left off.

Also, I've said before, less is more and there should be fewer Mcu movies in a single year. But this should be releasing this year rather than 2025, which already has 3 other mcu films lined up as of the moment. Though I doubt Blade and 4 are coming out neXt year, so maybe this is better off for 2025.

I appreciate that they are trying to make this a better film, rather releasing another average/rotten Mcu film, but this sounds bad. I don't think this happened to a MCU film before?

They've truly have fumbled about every level of this film... which is sad, since the Cap Trilogy is the best part of the MCU.
Well, if you are going to pass the mantle to someone and gave that a character his own feature film, it better good. It might not feature Steve Rogers but when this film comes out, it will still be the 4th Captain America film (unless you count those direct to vhs/cable movies).

Who knows, this could still be decent. But hindsight is 20/20. I just don't see a big potential for Sam Wilson as the neXt Captain America, as his character was merely a supporting role in MCU movies that was okay at best, and not even a scene-stealing role, to warrant a headlining film role... and this upcoming film from the reports, is having major issues.

I feel like post Endgame, Marvel Studios shouldn't have branched off to many things and we are now seeing the effects of it. Unless something miraculous comes off out of this, and this is going to be the only Captain America film with Sam Wilson as the lead, ala Bourne Legacy. Which is fine (saves more room for other ips) but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney wanted this to be the first of more CA films.

I appreciate that they are trying to make this a better film, rather releasing another average/rotten Mcu film, but this sounds bad. I don't think this happened to a MCU film before?
To this level? No but it has happened. When The Dark World was in post-production, Marvel flew Joss Whedon out to London so he could do a bunch of rewrites to the script to include give Loki more scenes and not kill him off in the end while they did reshoots. In the original version of the movie Loki wasn't supposed to show up until an hour in, with very little screen time and they get's killed off not long after. Not to mention all the stuff that was cut out of the movie either.

Last edited:
It's the only thing that actually makes sense since every other Hulk character is in this film.

I have a feeling that this movie is going to be a complete mess when its all said and done.
Which won't be good for Thunderbolts and The Fantastic 4.

3 MCU movies in a span of 6 months is also a lot. I can see a lot of people just checking just 1 out of those three in the cinemas and wait for the other two to hit Disney+ after two months. I'm already alarmed. Those boX office results would be disappointing to read once again.

Well, if you are going to pass the mantle to someone and gave that a character his own feature film, it better good. It might not feature Steve Rogers but when this film comes out, it will still be the 4th Captain America film (unless you count those direct to vhs/cable movies).

Who knows, this could still be decent. But hindsight is 20/20. I just don't see a big potential for Sam Wilson as the neXt Captain America, as his character was merely a supporting role in MCU movies that was okay at best, and not even a scene-stealing role, to warrant a headlining film role... and this upcoming film from the reports, is having major issues.

I feel like post Endgame, Marvel Studios shouldn't have branched off to many things and we are now seeing the effects of it. Unless something miraculous comes off out of this, and this is going to be the only Captain America film with Sam Wilson as the lead, ala Bourne Legacy. Which is fine (saves more room for other ips) but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney wanted this to be the first of more CA films.

Secret Invasion makes no sense, and it makes even less sense having it take place before The Marvels. And then in the Marvels it feels like Secret Invasion never even happened.

I definitely wanna see Sam come into his own here as Cap and then you more or less have Joaquin become the new Falcon and it begs the question of if SHIELD/HYDRA resurge as an organization in this film? Or if SWORD takes its place as a government organization

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"