Captain America vs Wolverine vs Hulk, 2nd Most Iconic Marvel Character Is?

I'd take Ant-Man off and add Groot. Groot stuff is everywhere.

Done!

The first nine were pretty easy, but I was debating between Daredevil, Punisher and Gi/Ant Man for #10. Shang-Chi seems poised to break into this group.

My DC Top 10

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Shazam
Supergirl
Green Arrow

I would rate Marvel's current Top Ten to be the following:

Spider-Man
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Wolverine
Deadpool
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Hulk
Ant Man

Spidey's on top, but #2 is on a rotation.

Historically (and currently) popular in the comics, various video games appearances (and always among fan demands to make an appearance), a movie without Spidey (and MCU connection) that nearly made a billion despite poor reviews, and generally a mech powerhouse with pretty much anything you can imagine, like candy holders.

original.jpg

Last edited:
I have Venom as a villain. Otherwise you would need to put Joker on the DC list.

Oh right, Venom. Forgot about him. He's possibly top ten.

I have Venom as a villain. Otherwise you would need to put Joker on the DC list.

Fair enough.

I would say that just doing a top ten that includes both, Venom is on there.

Yeah I'd definitely throw Venom in. When you go beyond specifically Spider-Man related media he also seems to be the Spidey villain who gets the most play, even more than characters like Doc Ock or the Green Goblin.

MarvelVsCapcom_1998_500.jpg

D6jii-gU8AEiZuN

I don't know how it is in America but where I live, Captain America wasn't really a house hold name before the MCU. But almost everyone knows of the Hulk, even people not into superheroes or comic books. So I say the Hulk is the 2nd most iconic Marvel hero.

I don't know how it is in America but where I live, Captain America wasn't really a house hold name before the MCU. But almost everyone knows of the Hulk, even people not into superheroes or comic books. So I say the Hulk is the 2nd most iconic Marvel hero.

Before the MCU doesn't mean much. We aren't before the MCU anymore. The MCU radically changed everything about how these characters are viewed.

Before the MCU doesn't mean much. We aren't before the MCU anymore. The MCU radically changed everything about how these characters are viewed.
Yes it does mean much. As big as these movies are, not everyone has seen them. Yes to an MCU fan who's very young, Captain America is probably more iconic. But Hulk is like Dracula. You don't have to be a fan or have seen any of the movies to know who he is.

Hulk has the pop culture awareness that Cap still lacks.

Everyone knows who Captain America is. At least in the United States they do.

Hulk has the pop culture awareness that Cap still lacks.

I wouldn't quite say that's entirely true. A lot of people are culturally aware of the concept of Captain America without even necessarily knowing who or what he is. People have been using the phrase "Captain America" as an almost pejorative term for someone who is all-American or a bit of a boy scout even before the MCU was conceived.

He's one of these things that has filtered into pop culture like a lot of movie quotes where people don't even know where it comes from or haven't even seen the movie before.

Cap as a pop culture concept was certainly more known than the likes of Iron Man or Thor.

Also, while Hulk is indeed well known, if you ask a bunch of people who Hulk is, I guarantee a good portion will respond with something like "blond guy with a mustache, wears red and yellow, and says brother a lot."

Internationally I think Hulk is more well known than Cap. There’s an awareness of Cap because of the MCU, sure, but the Hulk has his icon status from the 70s/80s show, cartoons etc in addition to the MCU keeping him in use and within the mind of pop culture.

That said, Wolverine and Deadpool are probably higher than both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"