Captain Marvel costume thread

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by harryoscop, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

Looking awesome!

2. NHawk19

NHawk19 insert witty comment

It does look awesome. But there's a definite feel of the Cap suit there. Maybe get rid of the "backpack" straps for the shield. Then look at the Nova Corp Uniforms for the shoulders and placement of a crest on either side.

Both Marvel and America are Captains so maybe they should be somewhat close but not quite that close.

3. harryoscop

harryoscop Registered

Quoting for truth. :applaud

4. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

yes he said "that minus the patches", but I don't think he was literally saying he wanted a green puffy nomex suit

what he said there doesn't mean he wasn't also designing it with an eye towards practical costuming and making it mesh well with the other modern costumes

5. harryoscop

harryoscop Registered

Tbh, I don't have a huge people with how Kris Anka updated Carol's costume (At least on the cover):
    [​IMG]

It's sleek & and I could easily see them bringing it to life as an advanced Kree battle suit losing the baggish look. Seriously, Carol ain't the fricking female version of Captain America, their suits & powers come from completely different places.

#355 harryoscop, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  6. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

I actually like that cover. At least her face is well drawn and feminine.
    The way she's now drawn in A-Force they make her look like a man.
    It's horrible.

7. BoredGuy

it's not a terrible costume
    I just don't care for the seams on the abdomen, it gives her a serious v-shape

8. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I noticed that too. :o

9. MbJ

MbJ Registered

I never knew but apparently in the early issues, Ms. Marvel couldn't fly and her costume was actually a Kree flight suit that allowed her to do so, before later issues gave her internalized flying abilities.

I wonder if they'll do something similar to justify the costume.

10. BoredGuy

could make sense
    plus, thus far at least, no Marvel characters "just fly", superman style
    the suit explanation would help a bit to wave off the 'comic physics' of it

11. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

Can't Vision more or less fly Superman style?

12. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

If anything, his flight feels more weightless and effortless than Superman's. Superman usually gets an element of exertion to his flight, whether taking off or accelerating.

13. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

Currently, we have no pure fliers in the MCU. I just want Carol to fly, no explanation or tech needed. I still kind of like the Kree suit if for only aesthetic reasons. All "Tights n' Flights" superheroes should be wearing tights. The suit should be extremely durable to withstand the riggors of a superhero in space kind of lifestyle. I mean, we don't want her uniform burning up upon re-entry. That would be unfortunate. :o

14. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

This is completely random and pointless, but I've literally just noticed that Doctor Strange is wearing - for no particular reason, since it's not what he usually wears in the comics - what seem to be combat boots.

Marvel Studios have now absolutely no excuse to give Captain Marvel heels. No excuse. There's no way they can give Doctor Strange combat boots and then have the freaking military woman wear heels and get away with it.

Because if they do, oh boy... no power on earth or hell will stop me from whipping out the dreaded "S" word and use it against them.

15. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

I dont see what one has to do with the other. If she is given heels, it will be used primarily to make her appear taller bc she is on the short end when it comes to the character

16. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

I'm fine with Larson wearing heels (or wedges, whatever you want to call them) to appear taller. Heck, even Downey Jr uses the same trick. What I'm saying is that her canon, in-movie costume shouldn't have heels, the one that is replicated in toys. I'm 100% sure you'll never find a Tony Stark action figure that has him wearing heels... because canonically he doesn't.

That's what I meant.

17. DarthMuppet

DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

Art by Salvo Lo Lacono:

[​IMG]

18. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Uh... I know in the past I've said many times that I'd prefer a more alien-looking costume rather than a militarized one, but I'm not gonna lie... that's pretty badass.

19. Mike5575

Well, that's because the only thing these artists know about the character is that she has "captain" in the name.

20. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

That artist clearly did his homework. That's heavily adapted from her current look and actually works. It looks too baggy for me and her boots look bulky but overall great effort

21. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

It's now how I'd want her costume to be, but it's a great piece of work and yes, looks very badass.

22. Mike5575

Well, the artist got the colors right, but where on earth does the parachute harness come from?? That and the lines and texture of the material screen Captain America more than Captain Marvel. Its good art, but its not a good look for Carol at all.

23. mustapantteri

mustapantteri Registered

not really. Superman's flight is like he propels himself while Vision's flight is due to decreasing his body density so he's more like floating type.

24. mustapantteri

mustapantteri Registered

i'm not digging that militarized costume (we have enough of those in mcu already), looking too much like steve's stealth outfit. i prefer a more comic-booky style. still fantastic art.

25. Loki882

Loki882 Registered

She's a military officer, so it totally fits imo. Also we have a couple of "militarized" costumes in the MCU, that's it.