Jude Law IS Captain Marvel

MasterCat

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just had a realization. Jude Law's Mar-Vell is likely to be called Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel. It's practically inevitable if he gives his Kree rank as "Captain." So Carol will still be a legacy character in this universe.
With that in mind, I hope Marvel Studios is clever enough to drop the "Hero: Subtitle" naming convention for sequels and simply calls the Carol-only sequel Captain Marvel 2. A third movie in the franchise will probably complete Brie Larson's six-film contract, so I want Captain Marvel 3 to co-star a successor to the name... Monica Rambeau. :oldrazz:

Certainly could use an explanation for the various Captains provided if they even bother?

I'm fairly sure we already have a thread for Mar-Vell, but anyway... if Monica is ever introduced into the MCU (and she'd better be!), I think they should just call her Photon or Spectrum.

Maybe she assumes the name briefly around the 2000's before changing it for reasons yet to be revealed?

I'm fairly sure we already have a thread for Mar-Vell, but anyway... if Monica is ever introduced into the MCU (and she'd better be!), I think they should just call her Photon or Spectrum.

Why can't she be Captain Marvel III when Larson leaves? Cycling through heroes as actors leave seems more prudent than trying to make them all coexist. The latter makes it harder (more expensive) to do "event" films where everyone's accounted for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"