Captain Marvel's Power Level - Predictions and what would we like to see

I'm okay with Carol being stronger than Thor and Hulk, but if they show her lifting the rock so heavy that not even God can lift it, I'll be mad. That's where I draw the line.

honestly, it would look weird if her tiny hand blocks a gigantic fist from Thanos.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I really wanna see her do something like this in the movie, especially where she turns into pure energy.

I want them to really go as deep as they can into the Kree mythology, and society. And maybe hint at the Kree's connection to Earth and experimenting with humans. They don't have to outright say the "I" world.

I want some speed feats. I'm tired of walking into a VS thread with a MCU powerhouse and seeing people argue they'd lose because "lolz speedblitz".

Well I hope they remember that the Kree were in a thousand year stalemate with The Xardarians. Since the Nova Corps has shown no powers so far that limits the Kree Starforce or at least it should.

As for Carol, remember the Superman vs JLA fight? Never do anything remotely like that. It makes the rest of your team look useless.

Captain Marvel will play a key role in 'Avengers 4' — and the future of the MCU
She is more powerful than any character we’ve introduced thus far,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige tells EW. “So that alone tells you that there’s a reason Nick hit that button at the end [of Infinity War], when he realized that they were up against something far bigger than they had ever been up against before. And having her on your side is hopefully going to change the balance of power in a way that they desperately need.”

Sounds like a you problem.

Nah, I just hate any scene that beats us over the head like that, especially when it's a person with no AI experience making one with over a decade (Tony) look like a fool. Shuri is the best character from BP, and is clearly brilliant, though I think Coogler misunderstood Vibranium and undermined her intelligence some. I just find the scene attempting to make Tony and Bruce look like idiots fell flat for me

That said, I'm terribly pumped for this movie. I do hope that Carol isn't the physically strongest, but is strongest overall with her array of abilities. She's got unique abilities that we have seen yet and I'd rather they focus on those over "look another super strong person.

More than anything I'm hoping they show just how destructive her blasts can be after absorbing a ton of energy. The last thing I want is comparisons to that nifty little energy absorption/discharge thing Black Panther's suit can do. Carol's energy absorption is SO much more powerful than that. Like, I wanna see things disintegrated on a grand scale, lol.

More than anything I'm hoping they show just how destructive her blasts can be after absorbing a ton of energy. The last thing I want is comparisons to that nifty little energy absorption/discharge thing Black Panther's suit can do. Carol's energy absorption is SO much more powerful than that. Like, I wanna see things disintegrated on a grand scale, lol.

That's what I'm hoping for. And I really hope they make sure to highlight that it's actually her doing it, and not her suit.

I wonder if Binary will be part of her toolkit in this movie or A4.

Hopefully carol goes binary at some point.

Carol's binary form takes a lot out of her in the comics.

Not sure if I want that in the first film or to wait for a bigger event like Avengers 4.

What if she turns into Binary by accident for the first time instead of it being initially part of her power set? Like in A4 for example, Thanos could shoot at Carol with the glove (like he did at the end of IW trying to stop Stormbreaker). Absorbing energy from the Infinity Stones has to have some kind of effect on a person. Maybe it changes her genetically a little (similar to how it happened with Scarlet Witch). Then we don't see any immediate effect on Carol but later in the movie it unlocks by accident. Since it takes a lot out of her that would also be a neat way to keep her out of the potential Thanos killer pool (since most people want Nebula or the OG Avengers be the ones to bring him down).

I think maybe they should present Binary as a hypothetical concept in Captain Marvel - maybe even like it's something they want to avoid because its on such an unquantifiable power scale that they assume it would kill her - and then have it happen for the first time in A4.

I think maybe they should present Binary as a hypothetical concept in Captain Marvel - maybe even like it's something they want to avoid because its on such an unquantifiable power scale that they assume it would kill her - and then have it happen for the first time in A4.
Like crossing the streams on Ghostbusters. ;)

Tony - Anybody on our side hiding any shocking or fantastic abilities they would like to disclose?

Carol - I have something kind of fantastic, but I can't hold it very long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"