Cast an RPG!

Seeing as how I only play one character....

WORLD OF HEROES: DC RPG

The Flash/Wally West: Neil Patrick Harris
I...don't see that at all. I could see Ryan Reynolds. I could see Chris Evans. Hell, I could even see Chris Pine. But NPH? Meh.

I...don't see that at all. I could see Ryan Reynolds. I could see Chris Evans. Hell, I could even see Chris Pine. But NPH? Meh.

His stint voicing The Flash in New Frontier was so incredibly popular, that it sparked a wave of support for NPH to play the Barry Allen version of the character in a future film. That I could maybe see. But Wally West, not so much. To be honest, even the likes of Reynolds are in my mind too old to be Wally now.

His stint voicing The Flash in New Frontier was so incredibly popular, that it sparked a wave of support for NPH to play the Barry Allen version of the character in a future film. That I could maybe see. But Wally West, not so much. To be honest, even the likes of Reynolds are in my mind too old to be Wally now.
Hurm. I didn't see New Frontier. Still, I think voice-acting and live-acting are totally different things.

Can only think of a few out of the characters I play now:

DC Aquaman - Gerard Butler. Though when I write him, I think of Scott Rummell from the JL and JLU cartoons.

G&M Caed - Mads Mikkelsen. Though when I write him, there isn't a particular voice I think of. Just kind of a serious made-up voice of my own in my head.

SW Cael Kristo - Not sure who to play him in a live-action film...but then again it doesn't really matter given he'd be a guy in a suit since he is like Kit Fisto. So, for the hell of it I'd pick Doug Johns in the suit with Carl Lumbly doing the voice over. When I write the dialogue and thoughts of Cael I picture Carl's awesome J'onn J'onnz voice.

Oh and for some reason Ultimate Gambit is Jim Sturgess.

Jim-Sturgess-jim-sturgess-448201_47.jpg

Not that it should come as a surprise to anyone who has been watching Supernatural for the past season, but my interpretation of Zauriel over in the Ultimate DC RPG is heavily influenced by the character Castiel, and I've always imagined him looking exactly like Misha Collins does one the show.

supernatural-wings-thumb.jpg

Except for the hair color, Misha Collins has that Constantine look down.

I was thinking this was a "cast the players to characters in an RPG" thread.

My version of GA: Denis Leary
My version of Guy Gardner: Denis Leary
My version of Spider-Man: Denis Leary
My version of Superman: Denis Leary

If they had to do an American Constantine I don't know why they just didn't get Denis Leary. He would have been leaps and bounds better than Keanu.

The Red Skull-This is an easy one I always have a few actors in mind when it comes to me.

Klaus Kinski
Klaus_Kinski.gif

or Ralph Fiennes
amon2.jpg

Iron Man- No contest, Robert Downey Jr.

Prometheus/Batman- I was thinking of using American Psycho Bale but that was too easy. Instead I see Blade Runner Rutger Hauer as Prometheus.

86.jpg

Desaad- When it comes to Desaad I'm split between two actors, Willem Dafoe. They would play two different versions of the character either creepy, Dafoe, or more classical super villian, Rickman.

20070524212612Willem_Dafoe.jpg

Severus-Snape-severus-snape-117858_.jpg

Godfrey-In the past Godrey has posed as sort of snake oil salesman and the a preacher. I made him take the guise of the world's greatest rockstar. I had David Bowie from the Man Who Fell to Earth in mind since the beginning.

TheManWhoFellToearth1sml.jpg

Dr. Strange- Not playing him but there is only one man who would fit perfectly for Dr. Strange, Vincent Price.

vincent_price.jpg

Last edited:
Ultimate Marvel:

Daredevil - Michael C. Hall:

michael-c-hall.jpg

Hall is an actor who I've only seen in a few pieces, most notably Dexter. Not only does he have the look of the character, but he can also play the role of a cold vigilante, but he's also cerebral and deliberate in his methods.

Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr.

url

Downey Jr. Proved himself as Iron Man in the 2008 film of the same name. He can play Tony Stark the playboy, Tony Stark the inventor, and Iron Man. He's able to unify all of the aspects of Stark's personality, and comes off as more of an Ultimate "I'm an a-hole who loves booze" Stark than the 616 "I'm an a-hole who loves nothing" Stark.

Spider-Man - A way younger John Cusack

url

I've always liked Cusack as an actor, and I think he has a very dry, deadpan, and stylized method of delivering his humor. Of course, with Ultimate Spider-Man in high school, I don't see a present day Cusack as being able to pull of the character. Perhaps, he might make a good 616 Spider-Man, but for the Ultimate incarnation, I've always envisioned the wit, style, and smarmy smartassery that Cusack can deliver.

Ultimate DC:

Harvey Dent and Gilda Gold - Chris Pine and Olivia Wilde

DGG-017997.jpg
url

When I applied for Harvey Dent, I had every intention of using Aaron Eckhart to photographically represent the character. After some thinking, though, and plotting and planning, I came to the realization that that wouldn't be in the spirit of the Ultimate game. We set out to try and reinvent the characters. And, while what I have planned is (in my opinion) sufficiently different from the mainstream character, I wanted to really start things off by making Dent a whiz-kid. A hotheaded character who was willing and able to smash a bottle against someone's face. Pine proved he could be that sort of character in Star Trek.

As for Gilda, I wanted a person who could look pretty, but also seemed like she had a brain in her head. She had to be quick-witted, and as smarmy as Chris Pine proved to be in Star Trek. Given my love of House, it wasn't much of a surprise that I ended up settling on Olivia Wilde. She can be a brainy doctor, a self-destructive patient, or a hot bartender who makes out with other chicks.

Awesome.

One Universe:

Joker - Joker as he appeared in Batman: The Animated Series

url

Despite the fact that I've used several images from The Dark Knight since I've been writing the Joker, whenever I see him in my head, it's as he appeared in The Animated Series. His voice may come across with influence from his Dark Knight, Batman, and Animated Series counterparts, but I've always seen him in my head as the Joker from the 90's show. He was edgy, dark, and had a grin to beat the band.

Deadpool - John Kassir (Voice)

url

My enjoyment of Deadpool actually came about by way of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I really enjoyed the voice over work that he provided, and that stuck with me. I like Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson, but I haven't played Wade yet. I've only played Deadpool, as he appears with the mask on.

I'm having surprising trouble thinking of the perfect actor for my Bruce Banner. Of course, the obvious choices of Edward Norton and Eric Bana are at the top of my list. Not just because they played Banner in their respective movies, but they have both proven to capture different aspects of Dr. Banner's character better than I could ask for. Norton had the fugitive-on-the-run aspect (and everything that that entails) down pat, but Bana had the psychological trauma in spades that was so obviously absent from Norton's movie. Plus Bana actually did scientisty things that established that he was an ubergenius, whereas the smartest thing that Norton did was set up a makeshift lab in his Brazilian home (admittedly, that probably took a lot of skill, but as far as what comic book geniuses can do, it wasn't too impressive), and he let "Mr. Blue" handle the research instead of coming up with it himself.

Also, in my mind's eye, Bana physically resembles comic book Bruce Banner more than Norton does. While I loved "The Incredible Hulk," and only liked "Hulk," I do think that the 2003 movie had the better cast who were unfortunately saddled with a movie where the Hulk was 20+ feet tall, we were bombarded with hilariously distracting editing, witnessed a number of eye-rolling Ang Lee concepts (he really likes fungi, doesn't he?), and got waaay too much emphasis on drama over action (a mistake shared by Superman Returns. Yes, they're dramatic characters, but they are also action heroes. That should come across in the movie with the right mixture of drama and action).

So yeah, I guess Eric Bana is my Bruce Banner:

eric_bana.jpg
Y'know, looking back on this, while I stand by everything else that I wrote above about the movies, I don't know what I was thinking when I said that Bana physically resembles the comic book Banner more than Norton does.

129942-7874-hulk.jpg

edward-norton-hulk.jpg

Also, I was watching Road House the other night, and I came to the conclusion that a young Patrick Swayze (without the mullet, sadly) would be who I'd cast as my CAH character, the Survivor.

patrick-swayze.jpg

I'll do some more of my characters.

From the Pages Of...

Indiana Jones

I mean...is this even a question?

indiana_jones.jpg

The Ninja Turtles

I've always hated how they made the Turtles almost exactly the same voice wise, so I went with some interesting choices.

Leo, when I'm writing him, I see the calm, cool, collected leader. And for some reason...I hear Edward Norton's voice. I don't know why...but I do.

Raph is the good guy who's also a *****e, and I'd like to see Chris Evans play him, even though he was Casey in TMNT.

Donnie was probably the toughest to pinpoint, but I eventually settled on Tobey McGuire.

Mikey was the easiest to cast. In a perfect world it would Keanu Reeves, circa Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

I found my Ultimate Superman actor:

Henry Cavill

aab.jpg

UltimateSuperman.jpg

The Ultimate Batman Universe

ultbatcast.png

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Ian Somerhalder
While it was his turn as Patrick Bateman that largely influenced Ultimate Bruce Wayne's creation, I felt that casting Christian Bale seemed a little redundant - something I wanted to avoid for all of my casting. Somerhalder has the right look to convey the darkness in Bruce, while giving off that sort of young celebrity socialite flair that he needs to maintain in order to hide his nocturnal activities. Alot of the characters the actor's played, up to his most recent role on The Vampire Diaries, also possess necessary traits to play off the nature of Batman's mysterious and distant personality. Slap a rubber suit, cape, and cowl on him, and I'm sure he'd be able to pull it off.

ultbatcast.png

Alfred Jarvis - Alexis Denisof
The one no-brainer casting of the bunch, Denisof was the first person I thought of whenever I considered the concept of a much younger Alfred. Being a fan of Angel, I knew of Denisof's ability to play both a wise-beyond-his-years ally and the textbook example of a british gentleman. He's also conveyed the sort of unintentional humor behind Alfred's personality that I felt was essential to the character, since I was taking him and making him less of a mentor to Bruce, and more of an equal with a very different upbringing. Plus, come on... who doesn't love the idea of Alfred picking up a demon-slaying axe at the drop of a hat?

ultbatcast.png

Henri Ducard/Ra's Al Ghul - Benicio Del Toro
As much as it pained me to do so, I had to hold off of recasting Liam Neeson. And it really did suck, because I thought Neeson was all-around perfection in the role. But I wanted to leave no role played by the same actor, because Ultimate is all about contemporizing and reinvention - so I went with a more unorthodox choice. Del Toro is a bit young, but I think that for a character like Ra's, who's traditionally supposed to immortal, age isn't a real factor. Obviously a great actor, he also has that look that could make him either a very dark and tortured soul, or an outright villain, which I see being hand-in-hand with who Ra's is.

ultbatcasty.png

Talia Ducard - Morena Baccarin
Bruce and Bane's simultaneous one-time true love, she had to be someone that would realistically attract two men that are constantly hellbent on fufilling their own personal missions in life. That would need quite the distraction, and I think that Baccarin fills that quota in both physical appearance and onscreen charm, as evidenced many times during the run of Firefly.

ultbatcast.png

Lucius Fox - Don Cheadle
I haven't introduced him yet, but my version of Lucius Fox is actually a surgical doctor rather than a board trustee. He'd need the face of someone that you could trust, while being able to pull off that suave and sophisticated look of a man handsomely paid by someone like Bruce Wayne to keep bizarre and frequent injuries quiet and discreet. And beyond that, Cheadle is about the only actor worthy enough by his own credentials to succeed a role largely associated with Morgan Freeman.

ultbatcast.png

Phillip Wayne - Michael Keaton
I know some people don't prefer his Batman, but Keaton and his role's influence on my childhood was a large part of why I became such a massive fan of the character. So that said, it only makes sense to translate that into a character that I made into more of a direct influence on Bruce Wayne than ever before, almost taking the traditional place that Thomas Wayne's holds in the inspiration for why Bruce would dedicate himself to protecting the innocent people of Gotham City.

Other Characters

Freddie Highmore (Finding Neverland, Astro Boy) - Robin/Dick Grayson
Loren Lester (Batman: The Animated Series, Red Eye) - Det. John Grayson
Jaimie Alexander (Bones, Upcoming Thor) - Selina Kyle
Jeremy Piven (Entourage) - Sal Maroni
Emma Stone (Zombieland, Superbad) - Batgirl/Barbara Gordon
Andy Garcia (Ocean's Eleven) - Carmine Falcone
Summer Glau (Firefly, Terminator: TSCC) - Helena Bertinelli
Robert Englund (A Nightmare On Elm Street) - Ozzie 'Penguin' Cobblepot
Tara Strong (Babs in The New Batman Adventures) - The voice of ORACLE

Last edited:
I wish I could think of an actor for Bane, but the best I can come up with is some theoretical hybrid of Javier Bardem and the Rock that only exists in my imagination.

After countless hours of brain storming. The biggest cast in the RPGs has their actors!

Byrd's Major Crimes Unit

The MCU

Captain Sarah Essen: Emma Thompson
Lieutenant Michael Akins: Lance Reddick
Sergeant Harvey Bullock: [URL="http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3378616576/nm0000352"]Vincent D'Onofrio[/URL]
Sergeant Maggie Sawyer: Mariska Hargitay
Detective Crispus Allen: Andre Braugher
Detective Renee Montoya: Michelle Rodriguez
Detective Kasper Cole: Corey Parker Robinson
Detective Charlie Fields: Mark Ruffalo
Detective Marcus Driver: Justin Chambers

*Notes
Most of the MCU is filled with actors who have played cops. Reddick and Robinson from The Wire, Hargitay and D'Onofrio from Law and Order. Braugher is an obvious choice for Allen mostly because the character in Gotham Central seems to be based on Braugher's character from Homicicide: Life on The Streets. Ruffalo and Chambers played detectives in Zodiac and seem to be good choices to play the team of Driver and Fields. Thompson as Essen seems to fit. A veteran actor who could hold her on against Oldman's Gordon. And, come on! Hargitay and Rodriguez as lesbians? :heart:

Two-Face Organization

Harvey Dent/Two-Face: Aaron Eckhart
Parker Robbins/The Hood: James McAvoy
Johnny LaMonica/Black Spider: Channing Tatum
Max Dillon/Electro: Adrien Brody
Peter Tillman/Skinny Pete: Derek Luke
Felicia Edmunds: Beata Pozniak
Chin Lau: Chin Han
Ed Hallman: William H. Macy

*Notes
As far as Two-Face goes, Eckhart is the only one I would want. I like James McAvoy for the ambitious Parker Robbins, Two-Face's chief lieutenant. I think Channing Tatum could pull off the physically intimidating muscle man, Johnny LaMonica. Electro proved to be the hardest choice for me, so I went with Brody, who has been mentioned on a few forums here for casting as Electro. For drug dealer Skinny Pete, I chose Derek Luke who isn't exactly skinny, but I've liked his work since I first saw him in Friday Night Lights. For the brothel madam, Felicia, I chose Beata Pozniak who played Marina Oswald in JFK. With Ekchart and Two-Face, I stuck with TDK's version of money launderer Lau. And for corrupt attorney Ed Hallman, William H. Macy seemed like the appropriate choice as Two-Face's bagman.

GCPD Command

Commissioner James Gordon: Gary Oldman
Dept. Commissioner Joshua Grogan: Andy Griffith
Colonel Arnold Flass: Jason Issac

*Notes
Like with Eckhart and Two-Face, Oldman is Gordon. I thought it would be awesome to have kind old Sherrif Andy being the foul-mood, backstabbing Grogan. And if I had to pick a Flass who is closer to his comic book counterpart, Issac would be my choice.

City Hall

Mayor Hamilton Hill: James Cromwell
Dept. Mayor Arnold Krohl: Adam West
Councilman David Kane: Liev Schreiber

*Notes
Cromwell's turn as the deceptive Dudley Smith helped influence this. Like Smith, Hill is a character that has a lot of skeletons in his closet and would never give up his power. As a nod to the Batman show and as the dopey mayor of Quahog, Adam West is an obvious choice as the oblivious Deputy Mayor. And after watching the Manchurian Candidate, Schriber seemed like a good choice for the ambitious David Kane.

I like your choices Byrd, except for Michelle Rodriguez.

I hate Michelle Rodriguez.

Anyway...

The Cast of The Amazing Spider-Man: One Universe

Spider-Man

Joseph Gordon-LevittGordon-Levitt has the babyface to pull of a high schooler, even if he is 28 years old, not to mention having the chops to portray Spidey's trademark humor.

The Green Goblin/Norman Osborn
Ralph Fiennes
Fiennes is a great bad guy. There's nothing more to be said. He completely steals every scene he's been in Harry Potter, and I think he could easily pull off the two personalities of Norman Osbourn

Gwen Stacy

Taylor Swift

Can she act? I have no idea, but let's just say she can. She can do that semi-dorky beauty that Gwen has. And hell, this is my movie I can do whatever I want!

Babs Gordon

Emma Watson

Peter's current girlfriend. I have no idea if Emma can do an American accent, but I think she's really come into her own as an actress, and could fit the part.

Last edited:
I'm writing an UDC post as I type, Mr. Hypocrite.

So, I've decided to give this casting thing another go, now that I have more characters to cast.

Ultimate Robin/Dick Grayson: Graham Phillips
graham3%20210x174.jpg

Graham hasn't had too many star roles, but he did star in a TV movie by the name of Ben 10: Race Against Time in the lead role of Ben Tennyson. A role that convinced me that he can pull off the action that a role such as Robin entitles. I also am confident that he can pull off the role of the bitter, young boy who's looking for a way to get revenge on the man he thinks is responsible for his father's death: Batman. Not to mention, when he eventually learns the truth and aids Batman in his war on crime as his partner, I think I can picture him as a perfect sidekick to MB's pick for Ultimate Batman, Ian Somerhalder.

One Universe Green Lantern/Kyle Rayner: Adam Brody
23.+Adam+Brody.jpg

For Kyle, I always picture Adam Brody. I watched enough of him to know he can pull off the role of artist from his time as Seth Cohen on The OC, and I think he can play the part of a guy way in over his head on the road to becoming a great successor to the Green Lantern legacy. He also has comedic background for those occasions that Kyle's gotta make a joke in the face of danger.

One Universe The Flash/Wally West: Bret Harrison
bret_harrison_l.jpg

Even though I don't play the OU Wally, I couldn't help but cast Kyle's best friend and fellow Avenger. Bret, like Adam (whom of which I can picture making an awesome duo with Bret) can play the part of fellow successor to a legacy and hero. From seeing him in Reaper, I think he can convey the fast-pace and sense of humor, as well as dramatic moments, needed to portray the younger Wally. Just dye his hair red and give him green contacts and he's the Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"