Cast an RPG!

Terry Crews for the Flash. Terry Crews for ****ing any superhero, Captain Marvel especially.

Those quads tearing through Central City at super speed? It would be beautiful.

Terry Crews for the Flash. Terry Crews for ****ing any superhero, Captain Marvel especially.

The fact that he's not already been casted as Luke Cage in the Netflix series offends my deepest held convictions greatly.

I really like Gustin's Flash, but I think he'd be an awesome Peter Parker as well.
... you're goddamn right. I hereby retroactively cast Grant as any of the times I've played Spidey.

Also, if Terry is going to play Carol Danvers, then I demand that he starts with the Ms. Marvel costume.

Ultimate One Universe - Genesis
Firestorm's Cast

4thpowerofyouthevent_28929.jpg

Charlie McDermott - Ronnie Raymond
As Axl Heck in The Middle, Charlie delivers hilarious sarcasm, snark, believable teenaged laziness, and a slew of other less than desirable qualities. Yet, he still manages to hit all the right emotional notes from a dramatic standpoint. His sarcastic looks and curly brown hair force me to believe that he would make an excellent Firestorm.

MTE5NDg0MDU0OTM2NTg1NzQz.jpg

Tom Cruise - Bruce Banner
Please. You all know who Tom Cruise is. I just think he'd add a different flavor to Bruce Banner, converse to the typical portrayals of someone who wants to fix his unique situation, I needed someone I could imagine playing more along the lines of Banner in MARVEL's Indestructible Hulk.

35835.jpg

Daniel Curtis Lee - Jason Rusch
Anyone ever watch Ned's Declassified? Well, Cookie grew up into a much cooler guy, but I'm sure that he'd still be able to pull off the brainy student. Between the show's lighthearted tone and Firestorm's general upbeat pattern, I feel that he would mesh well into the cast.

Ellary-Porterfield.png

Ellary Porterfield - Casey Krinsky
Casey isn't very well known as a Firestorm villain, or at all. But the concept is that she's an obsessed fan of Firestorm's who gets superpowers. In Video Game High School, as Ki Swan, Ellary portrays an obsessive, yet intelligent and considerate, high school student. Her looks are kinda foxy and she expects to get what she wants by setting her mind to it.

Ultimate One Universe: Genesis - Flash pt. 1

Barry Allen/The Flash - ???

barrycasting.png

Off to a great start, huh? Well, the simple truth is no matter how long I pondered this question, I simply couldn't come up with someone that I liked. Most of the options were too old for the look I had in mind. Maybe I just love Francis Manapul's Barry too much to picture anything else. Maybe I'm just a picky a**hole. Either way, we'll leave Barry untouched for now until some burst of divine inspiration.

Iris West - Milana Vayntrub

iriscasting.png

Yes, that's right. The AT&T girl. I tried to talk myself out of this one for a while, but every time I saw those commercials I couldn't help but associate her with Iris. She has the look down pat, and she's charming enough in 30-60 second intervals. Can she do any serious acting? The Hell if I know, but this is a fancast for a roleplaying game on a superhero forum, so I'm gonna roll with it.

John Chambers - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

johnnycasting.png

As soon as I saw the picture of John Chambers above, my mind immediately went to Nikolaj back when he had his bangs. He's right around the perfect age, and he's a pretty handsome dude. You take one look at him, and you wouldn't doubt that he was a pretty-boy jock back in his day, much like ol' "Johnny Quick." I don't know if he can do an American accent, but he's a fabulous actor so let's just assume he can.

Jesse Chambers - Emily Kinney

jessecasting.png

Things I didn't know before today: Emily Kinney is 29! 29! But she can still totally pass for a teenager (by Hollywood standards), so she's a perfect fit for the as-of-yet un-introduced little sister of Barry. What a beautiful, Aryan-esque family, am I right?

David Singh - Sendhil Ramamurthy

singhcasting.png

It's Mohinder's revenge, baby! One of my only disappointments with the new Flash show so far is how insignificant of a role Director Singh has played. He's essentially Flash's J. Jonah Jameson - if Jolly Jonah directed all his anger at Peter Parker instead of Spider-Man. In any event, Singh's always been a bit ethnically ambiguous (and his last name is Singh, after all), so I'd be interested in seeing Sendhil take a more antagonistic role for a change.

Patty Spivot - Allison Mack

pattycasting.png

Every now and then, a role and an actor line up perfectly. This is one of those cases. Not only does Allison look the spitting image of a live-action Patty (sans glasses), but her turn as Chloe Sullivan on Smallville shows that she would have little trouble handling the geeky, socially awkward role of the Crime Lab's blood spatter analyst. Step aside, Dexter.

James Forrest - Jeffrey Wright

forrestcasting.png

Jeffrey Wright has been an American intelligence agent in the newest Bond films. He's been a Panem victor (and double-dipping tribute) in Catching Fire. So I think it's time for him to take it easy with a comfortable desk job, counting down the days until his retirement. And that's exactly what Forrest will do - when he's not getting between Barry and Director Singh, that is.

More to come later! Including an actual leading man perhaps? (Well, I wouldn't hold your breath...)

Oh, it's about that time, boys and girls!

Singular Universe - Spider-Man pt. 1 (Empire State)

Peter Parker/Spider-Man - Dylan O'Brien

AncOSGA.png

I'll be honest: prior to the Great Spider-Man Recasting Debate, I didn't know who Dylan O'Brien was. I only knew that he was a fan favorite pick and -- depending on who you asked -- a front runner at various points in the casting process. Then I watched some highlight videos from Teen Wolf and I grew to support Team O'Brien. After seeing Maze Runner, I now feel that he would be the perfect college-aged Peter, so here we are.

Gwen Stacy - Maika Monroe

UkJgZNm.png

I absolutely loved It Follows, so this felt like a natural choice. Maika is young, talented, and drop-dead gorgeous. It'll be interesting to see how her career progresses, but she's already landed on my radar in a big way. I think she has the makings of a very convincing "girl next door" type character like Gwen. Plus, I've heard her neck is, like, super delicate, so there's a big plus.

Mary Jane Watson - Sophie Cookson

qjrWwbA.png

Then you have Gwen's foil, the flighty Mary Jane Watson. If you watched Kingsmen: The Secret Service and didn't walk away absolutely enamored with Ms. Cookson, then you may need to consult a physician because you're probably dead inside. MJ's a very different role from Roxy, but there were flashes of MJ in that character. Can she do an American accent? Probably. Who cares? It's just a silly fan cast, anyway!

Harry Osborn - Anton Yelchin

QgRNnT0.png

Another name frequently brought up in Spider-Man casting debates, but when I look at Anton, I see Harry Osborn all the way. I'd love to see him bounce between the affable best friend and the tortured son. Frankly -- and don't tell Peter Parker I said this -- I think Anton would find Harry the more interesting and dynamic role to play, anyway. Much like James Franco before him, he could have a chance to really steal the show.

Flash Thompson - Chris Zylka

DiTIXUW.png

Oh yes, he's back! One of my great disappointments with Amazing Spider-Man 2 -- and Spider-Man's young cinematic history altogether -- was the total absence of Flash Thompson. Everyone wants to use him as the paint-by-numbers bully in the origin, but we never get to see Flash progress beyond that... save for a few moments towards the end of the original Amazing. With that in mind, I'd love to see Chris pick up those loose ends and run with them.

Mal Duncan - Aml Ameen

iHvFiN9.png

While watching Maze Runner, I found myself gravitating towards Aml's character, Alby, as much as -- if not more than -- O'Brien's Thomas. In no small part, this was due to Aml's relaxed, charming performance. He really came across as the guy you want to be friends with, which is exactly what Mal needs. He's the level-headed balance to Flash's antics.

Karen Beecher - Logan Browning

tRuDuyj.png

On the whole, I found myself disappointed with PlayStation TV's Powers; however, one of the few bright spots was Logan's performance as the emerging superhero Zora. The more I saw of her character, the more I came to empathize and root for her, and Logan had a lot to do with that. If/when Karen suits up, I'll be thinking of Zora and trying to emulate that character.

Dr. Curt Connors - Damien Lewis

cLsV37K.png

I love him. Justification enough? Well, Damien has played both hero and villain (and anti-hero, for that matter) over his career, so I wouldn't be worried at all about him handling the multifaceted character of Curt Connors. Plus, I just want to see Damien in more things. I should probably get around to watching Life someday...

Debra Whitman - Alison Pill

RADnvRk.png

After her flawless performance as Kim Pine in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, this might be a bit of a typecast, but I don't care. Alison is just too perfect for Peter's workplace rival. She can be sardonic and passive aggressive without making you outright hate the character, and she'd certainly be able to excel in Deb's softer moments. A small character, perhaps, but an interesting one nonetheless.

Life was decent, but Damien Lewis's performance was awesome. Unfortunately, the second season tried to combat low ratings by revamping its structure and then became just another cop show. But in the first season, without any of the networks formulaic constraints that hindered the second season, Lewis gets to shine as a quirky, awkward man out of time. And I don't mean he's running out of time, I mean he tries to pick his life up where it left off ten years earlier.

But I'm a big fan of his. After I first saw Band of Brothers, I said, "if this guy can bulk up I think he could pull of Captain America if he played him like Dick Winters." Alas, by the time they got around to casting a Captain America movie, Lewis was too old and too...well, British. I think there would be a fanboy backlash against a British Cap.

Gwen Stacy - Maika Monroe

Dang it man you stole my original idea for April!

Singular Universe - TMNT Part 1

Leonardo - Jason Biggs

Biggs did a surprisingly awesome job on the newest version of the TMNT cartoon before departing, and I'd definitely bring him back to voice Leo. He balanced Leo's teenager ways with the burdens of leadership.

Raphael - Nolan North

North was a great Raph in the TMNT animated movie. Raph was always the roughest and most "New York" of the Turtles, and North can bring that out.

Michelangelo - Greg Cipes

If you've watched the current TMNT cartoon, you know Cipes is the essence of Mikey.

Donatello - Jeremy Howard

One of the few bright spots of the Michael Bay produced movie, Howard struck the right balance of geeky and brilliant.

Splinter - Hoon Lee

Another choice from the current cartoon. Love his mix of stern knowledge and playful spirit.

April - Shaliene Woodley

The almost Mary Jane Watson would be my choice for April. A gorgeous, confident, strong person and perfect for Miss O'Neil. Plus, she's been the star of her own action franchise, so she'll be able to pick up the ninja training as April progresses.

Casey Jones - ????

He's a mystery right now. No clue on who I'd cast.

Artemis Crock/Tigress - Eliza Taylor

If you've seen The 100, you'll understand my choice. Tough as nails and beautiful to boot. And if you haven't watched The 100, I recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"