Cast the Legend of Drizzt Movie (should it ever be made)

I was thinking about some changes to The Crystal Shard that could enhance the movie for the general public:

--In the beginning, show Akar Kessel in the Host Tower of the Arcane with Mordekai attempting to summon a denizen of the lower planes to graduate up to the title of Wizard, or whatever would come prior to the title. Incidentally, it could be Errtu. However the summoning would fail due to Kessel's lack of ability. It would put Errtu on alert that Crenshinibon is on Toril though.

--Later have Kessel maybe feeling guilty over killing Mordekai and taking his robes and his title dishonestly. This would lead to him attempting to summon the denizen of the lower planes in order to bring a sense of vindication to himself. Then enter Errtu.

--Maybe even show Calimport at the beginning with Entreri being given his assignment by Pasha Pook. Follow this with a scene of Drizzt meeting Regis for the first time.

--The Language: This could be difficult; do any DnD books have the complete drow language, with the intricacies and mechanics that make up a language? If so roll with that. If not, maybe play up the evilness of the drow to the point that Drizzt can never really get past a few words before surface dwellers either flee--in the case of the Thistledown kids--or take up arms and chase him off.

I was thinking about some changes to The Crystal Shard that could enhance the movie for the general public:

--In the beginning, show Akar Kessel in the Host Tower of the Arcane with Mordekai attempting to summon a denizen of the lower planes to graduate up to the title of Wizard, or whatever would come prior to the title. Incidentally, it could be Errtu. However the summoning would fail due to Kessel's lack of ability. It would put Errtu on alert that Crenshinibon is on Toril though.
No. Akar Kessel is a complete inept. He can't even cast a simple Magic Missile spell, trying to conjure a demon would be an incredibly foolish thing for such an incompetant to try. Morkai The Red would never allow his apprentice to do anything so dangerous, especially not with anything as powerful as a balor. Just have a scene of Errtu in The Abyss sensing the awakening of The Crystal Shard when Kessel finds it. Possibly start the movie with the prologue where the deva throws the crystal across the planes so Errtu can't get it.
--Later have Kessel maybe feeling guilty over killing Mordekai and taking his robes and his title dishonestly. This would lead to him attempting to summon the denizen of the lower planes in order to bring a sense of vindication to himself. Then enter Errtu.
Guilty about murdering the only man that's ever been kind to him? Yes. Trying to attone by summoning Errtu? No.
--Maybe even show Calimport at the beginning with Entreri being given his assignment by Pasha Pook. Follow this with a scene of Drizzt meeting Regis for the first time.
This is an interesting idea.
--The Language: This could be difficult; do any DnD books have the complete drow language, with the intricacies and mechanics that make up a language? If so roll with that. If not, maybe play up the evilness of the drow to the point that Drizzt can never really get past a few words before surface dwellers either flee--in the case of the Thistledown kids--or take up arms and chase him off.

There is, the 2nd Edition book Drow Of The Underdark has a glossary of drow words, and a selection of drow proverbs (example: Jhal khaless za whaela: All trust is foolish).

I found some interesting stuff on You Tube. Some amateur film makers have put together some movie trailers for a live action Legend Of Drizzt movie. I thought they looked pretty good for fan films. Here they are for those of you who are interested in taking a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsO9qMdzsgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dUlSU0XvRI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgKfvyCPxM&NR=1

Here's a list of casting suggestions that someone put together. I agree with some of them (Cate Blanchett as Lady Alustriel? :up:), others not so much (Hugh Jackman as Drizzt? :dry:). Take a look and post your own opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy3MQ5Nb6iQ&feature=related

What? No one wants to watch these You Tube videos or post an opinion on them? Okay, I'll do it myself.

First, their choice to make the videos about Streams Of Silver. Very understandable, as from a fan film perspective it would be easiest to make (most of the story consists of Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar, and Regis hunting for Mithril Hall while Artemis Entreri hunts for Regis with Catti-Brie in tow). However I did notice that there were some elements from The Halfling's Gem and Legasy that were added to the story. Namely Drizzt putting on the Mask Of Disguises, Drizzt and Wulfgar on the deck of The Sea Sprite, and Artemis taunting Drizzt about having to wear a mask while amongst humans are all from The Halfling's Gem. Drizzt's battle with Entreri outside of Mithril Hall, and Drizzt comparing the assassin to a loaded crossbow are from Legasy. I don't know if this was done to show that an entire movie saga could be based on the novels, or if they want to try and cram all three novels into one movie (like the 1978 animated Lord Of The Rings movie). I hope it's the former and not the latter.

As for the performances . . .

Drizzt: I think the actor/fan who played Drizzt did a very admirable job. He obviously put a lot of effort into his costume, make up, and props to look as authentic as possible. Right down to the purple contact lenses. The only thing I had a problem with was his wig. It looked like he had a dollar store mop on his head. But he obviously trained long and hard to be able to wield those scimitars like that.

Artemis Entreri: The actor/fan who played Artemis did an admirable job as well. He really looked the part. And he had also dedicated a great deal of time and effort into studying swordplay and learning to wield a sword and dagger in perfect harmony.

Wulfgar: The actor/fan who played Wulfgar did an adequate job. He's pretty buff, and has the look of a young adventurer out to see the world for the first time. My only complaint is his size. I doubt this kid is any more than 6'6", if that. Wulfgar is supposed to be 7' tall and as strong as a hill giant. This kid doesn't look anywhere near that big or that strong.

Catti-Brie: The actress/fan who played Catti-Brie really looks the part. The right age, the right hair colour, the right size. I might have cast someone prettier, but when making a low budget fan film beggers can't be choosers.

Regis: I would have insisted he shave off the goatee, as halflings can't grow facial hair. Also I don't understand why he was wearing a red robe. He's a rogue, not The Dungeon Master from the cartoon! But aside from these things, the actor/fan did a fine job.

Bruenor: This character I had the most problems with. His beard, armour, battle ax, and shield all looked fake. He also didn't sound much like a fantasy dwarf should sound. This is the only actor/fan that I can't agree with. Poor casting, poor performance, poor everything.

I still say the best place to start the series is with Sojourn. You can start the film with a brief recap of the previous two books. Something like this video I found on You Tube, only with live action rather than still shots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gh6IgVKtoE&feature=channel

Then you can have a movie with a cast like this:

The Legend Of Drizzt: Sojourn

Orlando Bloom as Drizzt Do'Urden
6a00d8341c606d53ef01116908245f970c-800wi

Randall "Tex" Cobb as Roddy McGrissle
9039480_gal.jpg

Jessica Biel as Dove Falconhand
564725.jpg

Christian Bale as Kellindel The Elven Archer
christian_bale.jpg

Donald Sutherland as Montolio Debroochie
Donald_Sutherland_wff.jpg

Vin Deisel as Spokesman Cassius
vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg

(WWE Superstar) Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer
ef37c0e88019229d23e1309dd1be61b1100.jpg

Unknown Child Actor as Catti-Brie
12.jpg
0.jpg

Last edited:
If Sojourn is successful, you can go back and do . . .

The Legend Of Drizzt: Homeland

Matron Malice Do'Urden: Halle Berry

Storm-280_794053a.jpg

Zaknafein Do'Urden: Liam Neeson
liamneesson.jpg

Nalfein Do'Urden: Leonardo Dicapreo
leonardo-dicaprio-20070123-201912.jpg

Rizzin Do'Urden: Ray Park
RayPark_Granitz_9435137.jpg

Dinin Do'Urden: Marc Dacascos
mark_dacascos_hf_l_2_42105_961711.gif

Vierna Do'Urden: Keira Knightly
Keira_Knightley_205410.jpg

Briza Do'Urden: Cory Everson
cory_everson-thumb-360x493.jpg

Maya Do'Urden: Beyonce Knowles
beyonce-knowle2.jpg

Drizzt Do'Urden: Orlando Bloom

Matron Baenre: Sharon Stone
Sharon.Stone.Ageless.2005.jpg

Last edited:
And then . . .

The Legend Of Drizzt: Exile

(As most of the characters, and therefore the cast, from Homeland would be the same, I don't see the need to repeat them here. There are a couple of other characters added to the story though, who I'll add here.)

James Marsters as Jarlaxle
james-marsters-in-dragonball.jpg
114068-144167-jarlaxle-baenre_large.jpg

Verne Troyer as Belwar Dissengulp
verne-troyer-3.jpg
belwar.jpg

Then after the success of The Dark Elf Trilogy, go ahead and do The Icewind Dale Trilogy with the following cast . . .

The Legend Of Drizzt: The Crystal Shard

Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer

Emma Watson as Catti-Brie
emma-watson1g.jpg

Warwick Davis as Regis The Halfling
warwickWillow.jpg

Daniel Cudmore as Wulfgar The Barbarian
DanielCudmore.jpg

Ashton Kutcher as Akar Kessel The Wizard
ashton-kutcher.jpg

Ray Park as Artemis Entreri
park_ray.jpg

Dolph Lundgren as King Beorg Of The Tribe Of The Wolf
dolph-lundgren-smiling.jpg

Brendan Gleeson as King Heafstaag Of The Tribe Of The Elk
bh25.jpg

vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg

And then . . .

The Legend Of Drizzt: Streams Of Silver

c30b407d51786a6e.jpg

Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer
icewind5.jpg

Emma Watson as Catti-Brie
emma-watson1g.jpg
Catti-brie_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg

Warwick Davis as Regis The Halfling
warwickWillow.jpg
126613-92287-regis_super.jpg

Daniel Cudmore as Wulfgar The Barbarian
DanielCudmore.jpg
wulfgarwq2.jpg

The Legend Of Drizzt: Streams Of Silver

(Continued)

Ray Park as Artemis Entreri
park_ray.jpg
263820-artemis_large.jpg

Jim Carrey as Harkle Harple (no image available)
jim-carrey.jpg

Michael Gambon as Dendybar The Mottled (no image available)
albus_dumbledore.jpg

Cate Blanchett as Lady Alustriel Of Silvery Moon
cate-blanchett-sexy.jpg
alustrielxe8.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, go outside. It's not raining either. It will do you some good.

The Legend Of Drizzt: The Halfling's Gem

The cast would be exactly the same as Streams Of Silver, except for a few additional minor characters (such as Captain Deudermont, Pasha Pook, Rassiter, etc). Most of whom are all either killed off or are not seen again until much later in the series.

James Earl Jones as Pasha Pook (no image available)
jamesearl.jpg

Giovani Ribbisi as Rassiter (no image available)
apr_giovanni_ribisi_050627_ssv.jpg

Gary Oldman as Captain Deudermont (no image available)
garyoldman.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, go outside. It's not raining either. It will do you some good.

Dude, the library only allows me on the computer for a couple hours a day. I'm trying to make the most of that amount of time.

I respectfully disagree; Homeland is a good starting point. The book starts out in the middle of a raid which should give the audience an idea of how evil the drow are. There's so much visually--Menzo, the glabrezu at graduation, the hook horrors--and in terms of character--Zak, who seems quite disturbed--that could really grab the audience.

I respectfully disagree; Homeland is a good starting point. The book starts out in the middle of a raid which should give the audience an idea of how evil the drow are. There's so much visually--Menzo, the glabrezu at graduation, the hook horrors--and in terms of character--Zak, who seems quite disturbed--that could really grab the audience.

A good point to start the books? Absolutely! A good point to start the movies? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, all of the books in The Dark Elf Trilogy are great. They just don't translate that well to film.

Homeland & Exile both take place almost entirely in The Underdark, the lightless Underdark. There are virtually no humans in the story until Sojourn, and as has been mentioned many times on this thread the lack of human contact could hurt the film since the general audience is made up entirely of humans. Then there's the cost of all the elaborate sets, the CGI needed for shots of the city and all the exotic monsters (glabrezu, driders, yochlols, etc). Plus everyone will be speaking in either Drow or Svirfneblin, which means lots and lots of subtitles.

Sojourn is the safest way to start the movies. For one thing, with the exception of the barghest whelps and the quickling, there will be very little by way of CGI VFX. For another, you have the human element missing from the two previous books. And it will help explain everyone's distrust of Drizzt, especially with the opening retrospective, in The Crystal Shard. Which is why The Crystal Shard is a poor choice for the first movie too. While the D&D geeks and the Drizzt fanboys will all understand why Drizzt faces such scorn from humans, the GA won't. When choosing where to start The Legend Of Drizzt movies, you have to consider what the GA will be able to accept and/or understand and not just what makes for a great story to the geeks and fanboys.

I'm in the middle of a reread of the Legend of Drizzt. Now I am on book VI, The Halfling's Gem...and I think I could come to agree with your idea there.

To add a bit of development to the Icewind Dale series of novels--or movies--I think Drizzt's past as seen in the Dark Elf trilogy could be interspersed within the movies as flashbacks.

Sojourn could feature a flashback to the raid against the surface elves--Le'Lorinel's people--while Montolio is training Drizzt.

The Crystal Shard features Drizzt teaching Wulfgar quite a bit; this would be a great time in a movie adaption to flashback to Menzoberranzan, to the raid his family carried out against House Hunett. This would help Drizzt drive home the point that the drow are merciless killers. He could even grudgingly say "even my father was one of those cold-blooded killers."

Streams of Silver could take Drizzt back to his fight against Berginyon Baenre in the time he is unconcious after he and Entreri took that nasty tumble in Mithral Hall. The style would be reminiscent of Entreri's obviously.

The Halfling's Gem could have the city of Calimport handled so that Drizzt sees things--inter thief-guild violence maybe--that brings to mind the "Drow justice" scene where he watched with Zak and the rest of his house as demons, wizards, and such tore into the drow house that got caught. This in combination with his confrontation with Entreri could prove a grand conclusion to the movie trilogy.

The problem is, I would like to have some attachment to Dinin and Veirna before The Legacy's movie adaption.

I'm in the middle of a reread of the Legend of Drizzt. Now I am on book VI, The Halfling's Gem...and I think I could come to agree with your idea there.

To add a bit of development to the Icewind Dale series of novels--or movies--I think Drizzt's past as seen in the Dark Elf trilogy could be interspersed within the movies as flashbacks.
I think that would likely work best if The Dark Elf Trilogy were made first.
Sojourn could feature a flashback to the raid against the surface elves--Le'Lorinel's people--while Montolio is training Drizzt.
In the script I'm planning on writing, this would be done while Drizzt is telling Montolio his life story. If at all. I may decide on a musical montage while they talk, showing the passage of time as Drizzt relates his tale, as I've already decided to start with the retrospective on the first to books before the opening credits even begin.
The Crystal Shard features Drizzt teaching Wulfgar quite a bit; this would be a great time in a movie adaption to flashback to Menzoberranzan, to the raid his family carried out against House Hunett. This would help Drizzt drive home the point that the drow are merciless killers. He could even grudgingly say "even my father was one of those cold-blooded killers."

Streams of Silver could take Drizzt back to his fight against Berginyon Baenre in the time he is unconcious after he and Entreri took that nasty tumble in Mithral Hall. The style would be reminiscent of Entreri's obviously.

The Halfling's Gem could have the city of Calimport handled so that Drizzt sees things--inter thief-guild violence maybe--that brings to mind the "Drow justice" scene where he watched with Zak and the rest of his house as demons, wizards, and such tore into the drow house that got caught. This in combination with his confrontation with Entreri could prove a grand conclusion to the movie trilogy.
These scenes aren't as necessary if The Dark Elf Trilogy is done first. The GA will already be introduced to Drizzt, drow society, Lolth, etc, and therefore will need much less of a recap to what happened in previous installments.
The problem is, I would like to have some attachment to Dinin and Veirna before The Legacy's movie adaption.

The attachment to Dinin and Vierna will come from watching Homeland and Exile. While I may have earlier stated that they should do the first two thirds of The Dark Elf Trilogy after doing Sojourn and The Icewind Dale Trilogy, I now believe that the best way to go is to do The Dark Elf Trilogy first, but to start with the third book and then go back and do the first two. I believe that this is a fair compromise that the D&D geeks and Drizzt fanboys can live with, while at the same time making the first movie trilogy more accessable and relatable to the GA.

When making a movie, especially one based on a sci-fi/fantasy novel, you don't want to just focus on pleasing the fans of the source materials. Look at the Dungeons & Dragons II: Wrath Of The Dragon God for example. D&D geeks know the difference between Divine Magic and Arcane Magic, but the general audience won't. So they have Malora explaining the difference to Berek in the film. When the dark mantels attack in Malek's Vault, Berek shouts "Dark mantels! Run!" Because while D&D geeks might know what a dark mantel is, the GA won't.

D&D geeks and Drizzt fanboys know that drow are evil, and that Drizzt is very unusual for his race, but the GA won't. D&D geeks and Drizzt fanboys will know that when in The Underdark, drow and other denizens from Below see in the infrared spectrum, but the GA won't. The Dark Elf Trilogy is a great story, and deserves to be put on film. But I would want it to be a successful film. Book #3 of the novel trilogy is the easiest of the three books to be adapted to film, and would be most easily accepted by the GA, thus should be made as Part 1 of the movie trilogy. Then Book #1 would be made as Part 2, and Book #2 would be Part 3. While some die hard fanboys may gripe about mixing up the order of the books, I think this would make for the most successful film release.

And in the end, that's what we all want right. For these books to not just be made into movies, but for them to be made into good and successful movies. Because if they were to start with Homeland, as so many of you believe they should, and they were to stay faithful enough to the source material to keep the fanboys happy, I strongly believe it will be a monumental flop. And if it's a flop, then there's no chance in Hell that the rest of the trilogy will be made, let alone the rest of the saga. My ideas aren't just about what would work best on film, but also what will put butts in the seats. The more butts that are in the seats for the first trilogy, the more additional books will be adapted into movies. It's that simple.

I still say the best place to start the series is with Sojourn. You can start the film with a brief recap of the previous two books. Something like this video I found on You Tube, only with live action rather than still shots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gh6IgVKtoE&feature=channel

Then you can have a movie with a cast like this:

The Legend Of Drizzt: Sojourn

Randall "Tex" Cobb as Roddy McGrissle
9039480_gal.jpg

Jessica Biel as Dove Falconhand
564725.jpg

Donald Sutherland as Montolio Debroochie
Donald_Sutherland_wff.jpg

vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg

(WWE Superstar) Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer

Unknown Child Actor as Catti-Brie
12.jpg
0.jpg

This cast might be somewhat expensive. If they're willing to work for as little as $1million a piece, they might be tempted to do the movie. That would only cost the producers $7million (not much when you consider some actors won't work for less than $30million). If they want to sweeten the deal, they can also get 1% each of the BO gross. That would only cost the studio 7% of the total gross.

If the movie has at least a $50million budget, this cast, and a good script which is faithful to the source material without being an absolute slave to it, I think this could work as a movie. In fact I'm damn near certain of it.

And "The Thread That Never Dies" comes back once again. I just wanted to let the people following this thread know that I've added another star to the cast of The Legend Of Drizzt: Sojourn. I've cast Christian Bale as Kellindel The Elven Archer, from Dove Falconhand's hunting party.

Well news on the film is:

Salvatore in an interview said his audience has grown up and is now in hollywood and ask him frequently for movie plots and ideas. that being said, salvatore also says that Vin diesel and his love for fantasy (Vin wrote the opening to a DnD coffee table book) would HAVE to be involved in the film.

As for casting it, the most important thing to remember is aspect ratio's. an aspect ratio can make bigger people look even larger or leaner, so in theory even a wide shoulder actor like Vin could infact play Drizzt, but most importantly play it well. I would have to agree with previous posters ideas of Ray Parks as Artemis. However, Scott Adkins, from the wolverine spin off movie (he doubled as Ryan reynolds charactor, and also in Undisputed 2 and 3.) is a mixed martial artist that is built yet short, and plays a villian quiet well could pull off this role for a fairly low payroll, Having cast two of the main roles here, Vin would more than likey jump at a chance at Drizzt and more than likely produce the film as well. Other roles can be cast with auditons, not needing so much glamour as in previous posts, the books have always been about Drizzt and his supporting charactors. So the movie could be mostly Drizzt and leaving the rest of the cast from auditions. Honestly any hot red head could pull off a naive Catti-Brie, and saying a "red head" is pigeon-holing it, hair dye can make any woman fit this role. The female drow involved in the story, again mostly make up anyways, aslong as they have a strong presence the roles are cast.

Look at other movies that cast all these celebs in a fantasy genre, they mostly suck, it was a pay check and nothing more for the actors. Only a few exceptions are out there like the lord of the rings, and NONE of the previous DnD films (the one with the wayans brother was horrific)

You could sit here and have your fantasy about a star studded cast, and in the end you forget alot of other costs that go into a film, that would suffer from the actors paychecks. Sets, production design, writing, screen play, filming, editing, directing, to name a very few.

I do agree with alot of the suggestions, except one i am bittery opposed too, and its not that I think liam would make a bad Zak, it's just a cliche now-a-days, something I hope would be avoided in this project.

Anyways my fingers are crossed for this film, and expect Vin to be in it or behind it somehow and somewhere, salvatore said Vin would be expected to be apart of it.

happy day-dreaming.

Well news on the film is:

Salvatore in an interview said his audience has grown up and is now in hollywood and ask him frequently for movie plots and ideas. that being said, salvatore also says that Vin diesel and his love for fantasy (Vin wrote the opening to a DnD coffee table book) would HAVE to be involved in the film.

As for casting it, the most important thing to remember is aspect ratio's. an aspect ratio can make bigger people look even larger or leaner, so in theory even a wide shoulder actor like Vin could infact play Drizzt, but most importantly play it well. I would have to agree with previous posters ideas of Ray Parks as Artemis. However, Scott Adkins, from the wolverine spin off movie (he doubled as Ryan reynolds charactor, and also in Undisputed 2 and 3.) is a mixed martial artist that is built yet short, and plays a villian quiet well could pull off this role for a fairly low payroll, Having cast two of the main roles here, Vin would more than likey jump at a chance at Drizzt and more than likely produce the film as well. Other roles can be cast with auditons, not needing so much glamour as in previous posts, the books have always been about Drizzt and his supporting charactors. So the movie could be mostly Drizzt and leaving the rest of the cast from auditions. Honestly any hot red head could pull off a naive Catti-Brie, and saying a "red head" is pigeon-holing it, hair dye can make any woman fit this role. The female drow involved in the story, again mostly make up anyways, aslong as they have a strong presence the roles are cast.
I have no doubt that Vin would jump at the chance to star in a D&D movie. And if he's willing to produce it, then there's an even better chance of it being made. And while I do like Vin Deisel, I just don't think he's right for the role of Drizzt. Put him in the movie(s)? Absolutely! Give him an important role? You bet! But as Drizzt? I just don't see it. You'll notice I've cast him as Cassius. Not a huge role (at least in the books, it could be made bigger in the movies though), but a very important one (especially in The Crystal Shard). An if you've read the Legend Of Drizzt comic books/graphic novels, you'll notice that the artists' conception of Cassius bears a striking resemblance to Vin Deisel.
Look at other movies that cast all these celebs in a fantasy genre, they mostly suck, it was a pay check and nothing more for the actors. Only a few exceptions are out there like the lord of the rings, and NONE of the previous DnD films (the one with the wayans brother was horrific)
Correction: The second D&D movie was cast entirely with unknowns (except for Bruce Payne who reprised his role from the previous film), and was infinitely superior to the original (lower production values due to smaller budget, but a much better script). You are right about the one with Marlon Wayans though. That was just awful!
You could sit here and have your fantasy about a star studded cast, and in the end you forget alot of other costs that go into a film, that would suffer from the actors paychecks. Sets, production design, writing, screen play, filming, editing, directing, to name a very few.
True, but you may notice that some of my earlier suggestions for actors to play Drizzt (Marc Dacascos, James Marsters, etc) are not A-List actors, but they have the acting chops and the physical attributes necessary to portray an elvish character. But for the lead role you really need a known and easily recognizable name (such as Orlando Bloom). The actors for Bruenor and Regis? Hiring little people to play dwarves, halflings and gnomes is quicker, easier, and less expensive than creating elaborate half sized and double sized sets, half sized and double sized props, hiring scale doubles, doing a bunch of fancy green screen shots, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the LOTR trilogy. But Peter Jackson could've saved himself a fortune if he'd just done what Ron Howard and George Lucas did in Willow for the hobbits and dwarves. Of course today, George Lucas would just put five people in front of a green screen and do absolutely everything else through CGI (which is why I want him absolutely nowhere near this project).
I do agree with alot of the suggestions, except one i am bittery opposed too, and its not that I think liam would make a bad Zak, it's just a cliche now-a-days, something I hope would be avoided in this project.

Anyways my fingers are crossed for this film, and expect Vin to be in it or behind it somehow and somewhere, salvatore said Vin would be expected to be apart of it.

happy day-dreaming.

Well, I still say that starting with Homeland and Exile is a mistake, thus Zak wouldn't even have to be cast right away. But out of curiosity, who would you cast as Zaknafein?

Dose any one know if the movie is being made? I have read all 13 books about drizzt and the gang. I definatly think the movie should be made.

I have read everything you all have talked about, unless there has been any new posts,witch there hasen't lol.

P.s I definatly agree with Liam Neeson Being Zaknafein.

Last edited:
No plans as of yet, personally I'd rather see a Wheel of Time movie before a Drizzt movie.

The wheel of time i havent read. But i would definatly want to see a legend of drizzt movie first because i have read the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"