Cast The Movie Adaptation

Thundarr

Superhero
Reaction score
There are several threads on here asking to list movie adaptations you'd like to see made, often from specified sources such as novels, comic books, Saturday morning cartoons, video games, etc.

Then there are threads asking for you to cast a live action movie adaptation from a specific source, such as a live action Gargoyles movie, or a live action Legend Of Drizzt movie.

Here, I'm asking you to both list AND cast the live action adaptations you'd like to see made. They could be from ANY source you wish. Comic books/graphic novels, live action TV series, animated TV series, novels, toy lines, video games, board games. If you can think of them, post them.

Here are some I'd like to see:

have-a-nice-day.jpg
foleyisgood.jpg

BLOOD & SWEATSOCKS: THE MICK FOLEY STORY
Jack Black as Mick Foley
jack-black.jpg
mick+foley.jpg

If you look at the pictures, there's a remarkable likeness between Jack and Mick. They look like twin brothers from different mothers. Jack is also a great comedic actor, and I think he could pull off Mick's quirky sense of humour quite well. He also went to wrestling school to prepare for his role in Nacho Libre, and did some of his own stunts in that movie. You gotta respect that kinda professionalism.

Angelina Jolie as Colette Foley
angelina_jolie.jpg
mick-foley-wife-colette.jpg

First off, I really like Angelina as an actress. She can do action, drama, comedy, she's the whole package deal. Second, Angelina and Colette look a lot alike in the above picture. It's a slightly smaller role, as the movie would focus more on Mick's life, but a very important one.

Owen Wilson as Owen Hart
owenwilsonpic13.jpg
owen_hart.jpg

No, I didn't choose Owen Wilson because he and Owen Hart share the same first name (that's just a happy coincidence). First of all, if you'll notice in the above photos they happen to look an awful lot alike. Secondly, Owen Wilson is a great comedic actor. And since Owen Hart was always joking around and pulling ribs on the other wrestlers, comedic timing would be very important for the role. I will admit that he'd have to put on some serious muscle in order to portray Owen accurately, but give him a year in Calgary training with the Hart brothers and I think he'd pull off the role perfectly.

The WWE Superstars as Themselves
wwe3iy1uj.jpg

There's just too many wrestlers in the business to recast them all. Any who have past away (such as Crash Holly, Brian Pillman, Crush, etc) or are too old to play themselves from earlier in their careers (such as Jimmy Snuka) will obviously have to be recast. But for guys who are still around and don't look much different than they did 10 years ago (The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H, etc) then it's best if they just play themselves.

Last edited:

n48668.jpg

BODY SMASHER by Jan Stacey

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as Rick Harrison

dwayne-johnson.jpg

Rick Harrison is described in the book as being a former green beret in his mid-thirties, over 6' tall, strong, athletic, good looking, and charismatic. In the beginning of the book he's working at The Y teaching self defence classes, singing in a rock band, and making some extra cash on the side by competing in illegal underground cage fights. Only one person I can think of who can both look and act the part. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the perfect Rick Harrison. Just look at his roles in The Scorpion King, Doom, The Rundown, Walking Tall, and Get Smart. Sure some of those movies were cinematic disasters, but The Rock's roles were always entertaining.

Geoffrey Lewis as Colonal Wendel Parker
geoffrey-lewis.jpg

Cololal Parker is Rick Harrison's commanding officer from Vietnam (the book takes place in the 1980's). He's now a high ranking official in the CIA, and recruits Rick for a special deep cover mission at the World Wide Wrestling & Weieghtlifting Games being held in New York City. He wants Rick on board because he doesn't trust anybody else in The Company. I chose Geofrey Lewis for the role because he is a damn fine actor who has played similar roles throughout his career, and done them very well too.

Donald Sutherland as Professor Markus
Donald_Sutherland_wff.jpg

Professor Marcus is the leader of the communist terrorist group that intends to use a nuclear bomb (made from stolen weapons grade plutonium) to blow up the World Wide Wrestling & Weightlifting Games in New York City. Their hope is that their attack will cause the workers of the world to stop playing and watching sports and start a revolution or two against their capitalist opressors. Donald Sutherland's roles in Backdraft and Puppet Masters makes me think that he's perfect for this role.

Oliver Platt as Captain Lou Albano
oliver_platt.jpg

If they had made this movie back in the late 80's/early 90's, Cpt Lou should have played himself. Since he had passed away last year, they'll need to hire someone to portray him. My pick is Oliver Platt. He's a great actor with terrific comedic timing, perfect for portraying Cpt Lou's quirky sense of humour and over the top personality. He also kinda looks like him (a young Cpt Lou anyway), but will either need to pack on a lot of weight or have the FX guys do for him what they did for Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor movies.

Bill Goldberg as The Destroyer
billgoldberg.jpg

The Destroyer is Rick Harrison's training partner for his preparation for going under cover as a catch-as-catch-can wrestler at the games. In the book, The Destroyer is described as an aging, semi-retired, bald, toothless wrestler who stands over 6' tall and weighs around 300 lbs of solid muscle. With Goldberg's beard having gone totally grey, and his teeth digitally removed, he's totally look the role. And it's not a big speaking role, so very little chance of him screwing up his lines.

Dolph Lundgren as Bulldog
dolph-lundgren-command.jpg

Bulldog is Rick Harrison's boxing coach for his undercover wrestling training. It's an even smaller role than The Destroyer. It is a very important role though. I chose Dolph Lundgren as Bulldog because of his build, his age, and his background in kickboxing. Add to that his past experience in Rocky IV, and you've got the perfect guy to play Bulldog.

Terry Crewes as Lenny Carter
img.cgi

Lenny Carter is the wrestler from Team USA at the WWWWG that befriends Harrison when he arrives and shows him around. It's a fairly small, yet important role. I chose Terry Crewes because of his size, build, and charisma.

John Heidenriech as Boris "The Bull" Bukowski
08.jpg

Boris "The Bull" Bukowski is the captain of the Bulgarian wrestling and weightlifting teams (he competes in both sports). He's also secretly a member of the terrorist organization that's planning to bomb The Games. He's described in the book as being freakishly huge, well over 6' tall, and nearly 400 lbs of solid muscle. He has blonde hair, a very short temper, a crush on fellow Bulgarian team member Natasha Stanislau, and is certifiably insane. He's supposed to look like he puts beef steroids on his Wheaties. If you've seen John Heidenreich wrestle in the WWE, there will be no doubt that he fits that description to a T.

Victoria Pratt as Natasha Stanislau
victoria-pratt_11.jpg

Natasha Stanislau is a member of the Bulgarian Women's Weightlifting Team. She has also caught the eye of one Boris "The Bull" Bukowski, although she only has eyes for Rick Harrison. In the book she's described as being blonde and beautiful, with a slender and sexy body which is very athletic and surprisingly strong for someone her size. She talks with a cheesy sounding foreign accent due to the fact that she learned English from watching old American war movies when she was growing up and that's how all the women talked in those films. I chose Victoria Pratt for the role because she's blonde, beautiful, and athletic (as a former Miss Fitness contestant and fitness model, she oughtta be). She's also an experienced actress, having had minor roles on Xena: Warrior Princess and a starring role on Cleopatra 2525. She just fits the part.

Last edited:

casting_thundarr_teaser.jpg

TYLER MANE AS THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN
mane01.jpg
thundarr.jpg

Thundarr The Barbarian is big, strong, and muscular. If you watch reruns of the show on Boomerang, you'll see him performing nearly inhuman reats of strength. Tyler Mane is big, blonde, and muscular. If you've ever caught his performance as the character Hardcore in the movie How To Build A Monster, you'll see he's perfectly suited to play a hot headed barbarian. Besides, I think he looks just like Thundarr in the above picture.

KELLY HU AS PRINCESS ARIEL
Kelly_Hu_in_The_Scorpion_King_Wallpaper_2_1024.jpg
Princess_Ariel_from_Thundarr_by_icarus126.jpg

Princess Ariel is Asian, young, beautiful, powerful, sarcastic, and intelligent. Kelly Hu showed all of those same attributes when she played the sorceress in The Scorpion King. She also looks just like the character, IMHO. Besides, who wouldn't want to see Kelly Hu dressed in that blue leotard.

THE GREAT KHALI AS OOKLA THE MOK
Khali.jpg
ookla.jpg

trio.jpg

I prefer to go the "men in suits" route over the "CGI" route whenever possible when casting these kinds of characters. Moks typically stand between 7' and 8' tall and weigh well over 400 lbs (likely closer to 500 or 600 lbs, due to their superhuman strength). Thus you need someone of enormous size to portray Ookla (or any other mok for that matter). I choose "The Great Khali" Dalip Singh for several reasons. For one thing he's 7'4", weighs 425 lbs, and is all muscle. For another, he has that "Ron Perlman" type face making him perfect for wearing prosthetic latex make up. Also, he has acting experience having starred in The Longest Yard and Get Smart. He may not speak English very well, but that's hardly a problem as moks can't speak any human languages at all. I included a picture of Thundarr, Ariel, and Ookla all standing together so you can get an idea of the height difference between the three characters.

MICHAEL IRONSIDE AS GEMINI
michael-ironside-pic.jpg
thund.jpg

Gemini is the most well known and beloved villain from the Thundarr cartoon. Thus he will most likely be used as the primary villain in the movie. Michael Ironside is my choice as he plays such creepy ass villains. Besides his face looks just like Gemini's in the above pictures.

Last edited:

news_20061004_full.jpg

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN AS HANK THE RANGER
HaydenChristensenPicture.jpg
Hank%20the%20Ranger.jpg

I didn't hate him as much as other people did in Attack Of The Clowns and Revenge Of The S#!t. I just thought the movies could've been better produced, written, and directed. IMHO, HC did a better job in the role than the kid who played Anikin in The Franchise Menace.

LINDSAY LOHAN AS SHEILA THE ROGUE
lindsay_lohan_umvd002.jpg
sheila.jpg

She's hot, she has red hair, she has freckles, and when she's on her A-Game she's a damn good actress. She's just made some poor professional and personal choices as of late. But if she can stay out of trouble (and rehab) she could knock this role out of the park.

TATIANA ALI AS DIANA THE AMAZON
8466610_tml.jpg
dianamoon1.jpg

Haven't seen her do anything since Fresh Prince Of Bel Air ended, but she was really good as Ashley on that show and she TOTALLY looks the part. And she's still young enough to play a teenager in movies.

TAD HILGENBRINCK AS ERIC THE PALADIN
3188821_gal.jpg
Eric_200x200.png

I totally see a live action movie version of Eric being essentially Stiffler from the American Pie movies. And who better to take on the role than the guy who played Stiffler's little brother in American Pie Presents: Band Camp?

Last edited:

As I can only upload 10 pictures per post, I had to do this in two installments.

JONATHAN LIPNICKI AS PRESTO THE WIZARD
83b73228-74c5-4bfd-9d66-3473e1b54d78_Jonathan_Lipnicki.jpg
presto.jpg

He totally stole the show in Jerry Maguire, is about the right age (maybe a little older, but he was perfect in that photo), and has the perfect look to play Presto.

RICHARD SANDRAK AS BOBBY THE BARBARIAN
Hercules%203.jpg
Bobby01c.jpg

Too old to play the role anymore (I think he's 18 now, and used to date Selina Gomez from Wizards Of Waverly Place), but back when that picture was taken (I believe he was 10 or 11 at the time) he would've been the perfect Bobby.

VERNE TROYER AS DUNGEON MASTER
verne-troyer.jpg
dungeon-master.jpg

He's 3' tall, bald, funny as hell, and he looks just like him. Need I say more?

Christopher Walken as Venger
christopher-walken-ne-il-mistero-di-sleepy-hollow-28277.jpg
venger.jpg

Are you kidding me? It's Christopher freakin' Walken! Who else should play Venger? I mean just compare the two pictures above for cryin' out loud!

Last edited:
You sure have a thing for wrestlers...

Well I'm a huge wrestling fan. And if you're going to make a docudrama about the life of a pro wrestler, or if the story happens to revolve around pro wrestling (such as Nacho Libre for example), then who better to portray them?

Yikes. Thundarr, I am very happy that you do not make movies. All you'd make are remakes filled with Tom Welling and adaptations filled with wrestlers and coke addicts. :oldrazz: :cwink:

pic_elf1.jpg

The Legend Of Drizzt: Homeland

Matron Matron Malice Do'Urden: Halle Berry

Storm-280_794053a.jpg

As Drizzt's mother, Matron Malice needs to be played with a sense of maturity, yet at the same time be fine featured and beautiful enough to play an elf. Halle Berry is still gorgeous at 40+ years old, and she is a damn fine actress. Besides, she kinda looks like a drow when she's made up as Storm. All she needs is jet black skin and pointy ears.

Zaknafein Do'Urden: Liam Neeson
liamneesson.jpg

As Drizzt's father and mentor, Zaknafein needs to be wise and intelligent, gentle yet tough. Liam Neeson exhibits these traits very well in many of his roles. And as he has had to learn fencing for many of his past roles (Rob Roy, Qui-Gon Jin, etc), he's already a great swordsman.

Nalfein Do'Urden: Leonardo Dicapreo
leonardo-dicaprio-20070123-201912.jpg

Nalfein Do'Urden dies very early in the story, thus I simply chose an actor who looks the part but I don't like very much. I don't think much of Leonardo DiCaprio, but he does have those fine facial features , high cheek bones, and narrow chin necessary to portray an elf.

Rizzin Do'Urden: Ray Park
RayPark_Granitz_9435137.jpg

Rizzen Do'Urden is Matron Malice's current husband. It's a fairly small role, thus I've given it to a fairly limited actor. Ray Park is good at action and not much else.

Dinin Do'Urden: Marc Dacascos
mark_dacascos_hf_l_2_42105_961711.gif

Dinin Do'Urden is Drizzt's older brother and Nalfein's murderer. He's a highly skilled fighter, thus must be played by someone capable of fighting like a drow. Marc Dacascos is a good actor, a skilled martial artist, and being half white and half Asian, he has an exotic look about him which is perfect for playing an elf.

Vierna Do'Urden: Keira Knightly
Keira_Knightley_205410.jpg

Vierna Do'Urden is the least cruel of Drizzt's siblings. She is the sister who raised him and taught him his place in drow society. She needs to be played by someone who's slender and fair featured enough to play an elf, and has the acting chops to pull off a more demanding role. Keira knightly fits the bill perfectly.

Briza Do'Urden: Cory Everson
cory_everson-thumb-360x493.jpg

Briza Do'Urden is Drizzt's eldest sister. She's also the most cruel and easily angered. She's very large for a drow, even a female drow, and is incredibly strong. She was described as being so angry that her body must have grown to accomodate her rage. She needs to be played by someone physically large, beautiful, and muscular. Cory Everson, who many of you might remember as Atalanta on Hercules: The Legendary Journies, totally fits the bill.

Maya Do'Urden: Beyonce Knowles
beyonce-knowle2.jpg

Maya Do'Urden is not a very big role, thus doesn't really need that great of an actress. Someone like Liv Tyler would be totally wasted in this role, so I gave it to Beyonce.

Drizzt Do'Urden: Orlando Bloom
6a00d8341c606d53ef01116908245f970c-800wi

Anyone who's seen LOTR or POTC shouldn't even question this casting choice. Just paint Orlando Bloom black, put a white wig on him, with black elf ears and purple contact lenses and you've got Drizzt!

Last edited:

pic_elf2.jpg

As most of the characters, and therefore the cast, from Homeland are the same, I didn't bother reposting them here. There are two other characters added to the story though, who I'll add here.

James Marsters as Jarlaxle
james-marsters-in-dragonball.jpg
114068-144167-jarlaxle-baenre_large.jpg

Jarlaxle is a very charming, witty, and sarcastic character. He's also a very skilled fighter. Anyone who's ever watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer knows that Spike is very much the same way. And as James Marsters, who played Spike on the show, happens to have the fair facial features, high cheek bones, and narrow chin which are so perfect for playing an elf, I can think of no one better to fill the role.

Verne Troyer as Belwar Dissengulp
verne-troyer-3.jpg
belwar.jpg

Deep gnomes, or Svirfneblin as they're often called, are typically about 3' tall, quite muscular, and bald. Paint Verne Troyer grey, and give him prosthetic "hands" and you've got Belwar.

Last edited:

pic_elf3.jpg

Orlando Bloom as Drizzt Do'Urden

This one's pretty self explanitory, as I've already cast Orlando Bloom as Drizzt in the first two thirds of the trilogy.

Randall "Tex" Cobb as Roddy McGrissle

9039480_gal.jpg

Roddy McGrissle is a huge mountain man, a trapper and a bounty hunter. He's rude and crass, and not a very nice person. Watch the movie Blind Fury and see how Randall "Tex" Cobb portrays the mob hitman Slagg, and that's exactly what Roddy McGrissle is like. Which is why Cobb would be so perfect in the role.

Jessica Biel as Dove Falconhand
564725.jpg

Dove Falconhand is the ranger who helps McGrissle track Drizzt after a monster frames the drow for the murder of a farming family. She's strong, good hearted, athletic, and beautiful. She's very much like Jessica Biel's character in The A-Team. Which is one of the reasons I chose her for this role.

Christian Bale as Kellindel The Elven Archer
Kellindel is a member of Dove Falconhand's adventuring party and helps to track Drizzt to the monster's lair. Once they determine that Drizzt wasn't responsible for the massacre, Kellindel keeps an eye on the drow to make sure their hunch about Drizzt is correct. When he discovers McGrissle is still hunting Drizzt, he tries to take him to justice but dies in the attempt. He's stern, yet kind. Christian Bale exhibits those traits when he plays Batman. He also has the perfect face and body for playing an elf.

Donald Sutherland as Montolio Debroochie
Donald_Sutherland_wff.jpg

Montolio DrBroochie is the blind old ranger that takes Drizzt in and teaches him about life Above, how to survive in the wild, how to speak Common, and eventually how to become a ranger. Essentially he's Drizzt's first human friend. He's witty and wise. I think Donald Sutherland would totally do the role justce.

Vin Deisel as Spokesman Cassius
vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg

Cassius is the spokesman for the city of Bryn Shander, principal city of the community of Ten Towns. He has a small role in this story, but a vital one. He's the one who gives Drizzt permission to live on the mountain Kelvin's Cairn, when the drow ranger seeks a place to settle down. I cast Vin Deisel for the role for two reasons. One, he's a fellow D&D geek, so he'd deffinitely take it if offered. Second, if you ever read the comic book adaptations of Solourn or The Crystal Shard, you'd see that the artists depiction of Cassius is the spitting image of Vin Deisel.

(WWE Superstar) Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer
ef37c0e88019229d23e1309dd1be61b1100.jpg

Bruenor Battlehammer is the head of Clan Battlehammer, and will soon become one of Drizzt's dearest friends. He's gruff and surly, tough as the mountain stone, yet he has a heart of gold. I chose Hornswoggle to play Bruenor because doing the whole bluescreen thing is costly and unnecessary. However I don't know very many 4' tall actors, so I chose a wrestler instead. Still, I think he'd do a good job if he takes the role seriously.

Unknown Child Actor as Catti-Brie
I can't think of any child actors to play one of Drizzt's truest and dearest friends. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the kid who played Hit Girl in the movie Kick Ass. But she might be too old for the part if they don't start shooting soon.

Last edited:

pic_ice1.jpg

If he played Drizzt in the last trilogy, he should play him in this one.

Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer

If he played Bruenor in the last trilogy, he should play him in this one.

Emma Watson as Catti-Brie
emma-watson1g.jpg

Catti-Brie is Bruenor Battlehammer's adopted human daughter. She's intelligent, athletic, wise beyond her years, and has a zest for life which those around her find contageous. At this point in the saga, she's in her teens. If you look at artist drawings of Catti-Brie and compare them to pictures of Emma Watson, you'll notice an uncanny resemblance. Besides, I think she's done a fantastic job of playing Hermione in the Harry Potter movies, and that she could do and equally great job as Catti-Brie.

Warwick Davis as Regis The Halfling
warwickWillow.jpg

Regis is a little rogue who makes his living carving scrimshaw figurines from the ivory skulls of the knucklehead trout that are fished from the lakes where Ten Towns are located. He is one of Drizzt and Bruenor's dearest friends. I chose Warwick Davis to play Regis for a number of reasons. First, he's a fellow D&D geek. Second, he's the perfect size for the role. Third, he's a damn good actor. Fourth, he actually looks like the character. Who would be better?

Daniel Cudmore as Wulfgar The Barbarian
DanielCudmore.jpg

Wulfgar is the young barbarian who was captured by Bruenor during the tribes united assault on Ten Towns. He was raised by Bruenor, became like a son to him, and shown a better life. He was then trained in the art of combat by the drow ranger Drizzt Do'Urden. In the books he's described as being 7' tall and as strong as a hill giant. For the casting I tried to find the biggest, most muscular, and youngest actor I could. Daniel Cudmore, who played Colossus in X-Men 2 & 3, is the closest I could find to fitting the bill. He'll need to either bleach his hair or get a blonde wig for the role though.

Ashton Kutcher as Akar Kessel The Wizard
ashton-kutcher.jpg

Akar Kessel is a bumbling wizard's apprentice who murders his master in hopes of achieving tru power, then is double crossed by his coconspirators. He later finds a magical artifact that does grant him the power that he sought. As he's not too bright, I chose Ashton Kutcher for the role. He's proven that he can play dumb on That 70's Show, and that he can do drama in The Butterfly Effect. This role requires that he do both.

Dolph Lundgren as King Beorg Of The Tribe Of The Wolf
dolph-lundgren-smiling.jpg

The barbarians of Icewind Dale are tall, strong, and fierce, with hair that's typically red or blonde and pale skin. The king of The Tribe Of The Wolf is described as being huge with long blonde hair. The actor who portrays him needs to be older, so he can look to be a man in authority. Dolph Lundgren fits the bill in every conceivable way. It is a rather small role, as King Beorg is killed during the barbarian horde's attack on Ten Towns, but it is a very important role.

Brendan Gleeson as King Heafstaag Of The Tribe Of The Elk
bh25.jpg

King Heafstaag of The Tribe Of The Elk is described in the book as being large, powerful, vicious, and a brutal fighter. When you see Brendan Gleeson as Hamish in the movie Braveheart, with that big ass axe of his, if you could picture him with a personality more like that of King Longshanks in the film, THAT is exactly what King Heafstaag is supposed to be like. Which is why I cast him for the part.

Vin Deisel as Spokesman Cassius
vin-diesel-picture-1.jpg

Cassius has a larger role in this movie than in the last one. He leads the people of Ten Towns in their defence against both the barbarian horde in the beginning of the film, and Akar Kessel's goblin army later on. And if Vin Deisel is gonna play him in Sojourn, he should play him here as well.

Last edited:

As all of the characters, and thus the actors, are the same in this book/movie as they were in the last one, I will simply post the actors' pictures next to their characters' so you can see how physically perfect they are for their roles. I will only write explanations under the casting of new characters.
pic_dri5.jpg

c30b407d51786a6e.jpg

Hornswoggle as Bruenor Battlehammer

icewind5.jpg

Warwick Davis as Regis The Halfling
warwickWillow.jpg
126613-92287-regis_super.jpg

Daniel Cudmore as Wulfgar The Barbarian
DanielCudmore.jpg
wulfgarwq2.jpg

Last edited:
The Legend Of Drizzt: Streams Of Silver

(Continued)

Emma Watson as Catti-Brie
emma-watson1g.jpg
Catti-brie_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg

Ray Park as Artemis Entreri
park_ray.jpg
263820-artemis_large.jpg

I know I had already cast Ray Park as Drizzt's stepfather in Homeland, however the role of Artemis Entreri requires someone who is a capable martial artist and swordsman, as well as have the right look for the role. Besides, no one will be able to recognise Ray Park under all that black makeup and with the white wig. Artemis Entreri is most probably the deadliest assassin in the land. He is hunting after Regis the halfling, who stole a magical ruby from his former guild master, Pasha Pook. His heart is as cold as the grave, and his eyes are devoid of emotion. This makes Ray Park the perfect actor to play this role, as his lack of acting talent will actually allow him to play the character more faithfully. Also, if you look at the two pictures above, he's the spitting image of Entreri.

Jim Carrey as Harkle Harple (no character image available)
jim-carrey.jpg

Harkle Harple is a good hearted, yet absent minded wizard that they meet upon their way to find Mithril Hall. He's tall, thin, and lanky. While magically quite powerful, he's unintentionally more dangerous to himself and those around him (a common failing of the eccentric wizard family, the Harples). Whenever I read this book, I automatically think "Jim Carrey" when I get to their meeting with Harkle.

Michael Gambon as Dendybar The Mottled (no character picture available)
albus_dumbledore.jpg

Yes, I know it's typecasting. But Michael Gambon has done such an admirable job as the new Dumbledore, I'd like to see him in a villainous role. Dendybar The Mottled is one of the wizards who had duped Akar Kessel into murdering his master. He had since learned of Kessel's near victory over Ten Towns and believes that Drizzt has the magical artifact that granted Kessel so much power.

Cate Blanchett as Lady Alustriel Of Silvery Moon
cate-blanchett-sexy.jpg
alustrielxe8.jpg

Lady Alustriel is the ruler of the city of Silvery Moon, one of the finest cities in all the north (if not THE finest). She meets the companions outside her city and gives them gifts and advice to help them find Bruenor's lost homeland, Mithril Hall.

Last edited:
pic_ice3.jpg

The cast would be exactly the same as Streams Of Silver, except for a few additional minor characters (such as Captain Deudermont, Pasha Pook, Rassiter, etc). Most of whom are all either killed off or are not seen again until much later in the series.

James Earl Jones as Pasha Pook (no Character image available)
jamesearl.jpg

Pasha Pook is the head of one of the biggest and most powerful thiefs guilds in the entire city of Calimport. If you read the comic book adaptation of the novel, you would notice that the artist's vision of Pasha Pook looks almost exactly like James Earl Jones. And as for JEJ's ability to play the role? Just watch Conan The Barbarian and the original Star Wars trilogy. That should answer you questions right there.

Giovani Ribbisi as Rassiter (no Character image available)
apr_giovanni_ribisi_050627_ssv.jpg

Rassiter is the head of a gang of wererat bandits in the employ of Pasha Pook. Pook needed them to secure his position, because without his hypnotic ruby or his prized assassin it was becoming difficult to maintain control. Why Giovani? Personally I always thought he kinda looked like a rat. And he is an okay actor (not my favorite, but that's why he gets such a small part).

Gary Oldman as Captain Deudermont (no Character image available)
garyoldman.jpg

Captain Deudermont is the captain of a trading vessel calle The Sea Sprite, which Drizzt and Wulfgar book passage on to follow Artemis Entreri and the captive Regis to Calimport. He's described as being regal and gentlemanly, more suited to being in the court of nobility than piloting a ship (at least at first glance). Gary Oldman is very good at playing such noble and gentlemanly characters. Just look at his portrayal of Sirius Black in the Harry Potter films, and his portrayal of Count Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula (specifically when he was out and about in his suit and top hat). The perfect Captain Deudermont!

Last edited:
Yikes. Thundarr, I am very happy that you do not make movies. All you'd make are remakes filled with Tom Welling and adaptations filled with wrestlers and coke addicts. :oldrazz: :cwink:

You got any better suggestions? Start posting them!

605f.jpg

Starring

Leslie Nielson as Goodgulf Greytooth
leslie_nielsen.jpg

Phil Fondacaro as ***** Bugger
220px-Phil_Fondacaro_1.jpg

Warwick Davis as Frito Bugger
warwick_davis.jpg

Verne Troyer as Spam Gangree
verne-troyer-3.jpg

David Steinberg as Moxie Dingleberry
David_Steinberg1.jpg

Danny Woodburn as Pepsie Dingleberry
Danny_Woodburn.jpg

Christopher Lloyd as Tim Benzidrino
600full-christopher-lloyd.jpg

Courtney Love as Hashberry
courtney-love.jpg

Jim Carrey as Arrowroot
jim-carrey_1.jpg

Hornswoggle as Gimlet

James Marsters as Legolam

Randall "Tex" Cobb as Bromosil

"The Big Show" Paul White as The Jolly Green Giant

Denis Rodman as The Ball-Hog

Last edited:
605f.jpg

(Continued)

Starring

Leslie Nielson as Goodgulf Greytooth

Phil Fondacaro as ***** Bugger

Warwick Davis as Frito Bugger

Verne Troyer as Spam Gangree

David Steinberg as Moxie Dingleberry

Danny Woodburn as Pepsie Dingleberry

Christopher Lloyd as Tim Benzidrino

Courtney Love as Hashberry

Jim Carrey as Arrowroot

Hornswoggle as Gimlet

James Marsters as Legolam
james-marsters-in-dragonball.jpg

Randall "Tex" Cobb as Bromosil
9039480_gal.jpg

"The Big Show" Paul White as The Jolly Green Giant
45777.jpg

Denis Rodman as The Ball-Hog
52265.gif

This thread is a thousand times funnier while drunk. Why are Verne Troyer and Hornswaggle in all of your movies? :lmao:

This thread is a thousand times funnier while drunk. Why are Verne Troyer and Hornswaggle in all of your movies? :lmao:

Because I believe in the simplest solution being the best solution to film making. Why spend all the time, money, and effort using scale doubles, blue screen effects, and fancy camera tricks to make it look like someone is only 3' or 4' tall when you can simply hire actors who are that size? Most of the actors I have listed in Bored Of The Rings who are spoofing the hobbits are only 3' to 3'6" tall. I can't think of very many actors who are around 4'6" tall, which would be the proper height to play Gimlet. Brett Beaty, who was John Rhyse Davies' scale double in The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy would be an obvious choice, but I couldn't find any pictures of him on the net (and no one would know who the hell I'm talking about anyway).

LMAO! I love this thread!!!!

Is this for real?

How do you mean? Do you mean are they really making those books, TV shows, etc into movies? I have no idea. Do I want them to? Yes. Do I think that the actors/actresses listed are best for the characters suggested? In my opinion, yes. Do you think you can do better? Go ahead and give it your best shot. And not just for the movies I mentioned. Any movie adaptation you can think of, I want you to post it here.

You got any better suggestions? Start posting them!

Okay, here is my cast for a film update of Brisco County Jr. You'll notice that I pick actors who actually fit their role and aren't just whatever random Smallville actor/popular franchise star/wrestler/midget that pops into my head.

Here’s my cast.

Brisco County Jr. – John Krasinki. He can play that sort of airy, lighter hero well I think. He is a decent enough actor and has good comedic timing for the role.

Lord Bowler – Michael Clarke Duncan. Duncan has a good comedic presence as seen on shows like Chuck and films like The Whole Nine Yards and being as Bowler's job is to be a comedic foil to Brisco as well as large and physically intimidating, Duncan fits the role perfectly.

Socrates Poole – Sean Astin. He is a great actor, would actually be available for the role and has a great look ad personality for it.

John Bly – Steve Buscemi. I can think of no one better for the role. Bly is a bad ass without looking it in the least. Despite not being physically imposing he has to be intimidating able to give off a presence of being dominant and a force to be reckoned with. No one can pull that off like Buscemi.

Gillian Jacobs – Britta from Community has a good look for the role, the right kind of attitude for the part and would be all around good in it. Alternatively, I think it is also a role that fits Krasinski’s co-star Jenna Fischer well.

The Professor – John Lithgow. Nutty, eccentric, inventor/Brisco’s mentor, he’d have all kinds of fun with this role channeling his inner-Dick Solomon.

Pistol Pete – Will Forte. Forte may not be a leading man, but he is funny enough in small, over the top roles which is exactly what Pete was.

Lee Pow – No reason that James Hong couldn’t continue with the role.

Brisco County Sr. – This is the perfect role for the original Brisco County Jr., Bruce Campbell.

Dracula

1. Dracula - Jackie Earle Haley
2. Jonathon Harker - Michael Sheen
3. Van Helsing - John Hurt
4. Mina Murray - Amy Adams
5. Lucy Westenra - Gemma Arterton
6. John Seward - Tom Hardy
7. Arthur Holmwood - Michael Fassbender
8. Quincey Morris - Josh Holloway
9. Renfield - Sharlto Copley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back