The Winter Soldier Casting thread, anyone?

Just the idea of highlighting that she looks up to this younger Cap, and giving her a different position/perspective in the story that the hardened soldier/spy Black Widow, or Peggy Carter for that matter.
Well, to each his own.

But part of her point originally was that she challenged Steve in issues of gender by being a competent woman in a man's world.. Of course, movie Steve is a progresive sort who got along with Peggy and Natasha just fine, so that

Still, there's plenty that sets her apart from Black Widow. Sharon is more like a younger, female Fury than a blond Black Widow. Or in other words, Sharon's the soldier, Natasha is the spy.

Sharon is the former idealist who became more cynical as the job took its toll and acts like a foil to the eternally idealistic Steve Rogers, while Natasha went the opposite way, starting out as a villain and gradually becoming more heroic.

It would seem that Viper/Madame Hydra is going to be in the next Wolverine movie. Shame, that. Gotta wonder, though, how did that happen? Sure, they were married, but she's still a primarily Captain America character.

Eddie Izzard/Heinrich Zemo

0Heinrich.jpg

Pierce Brosnan/Aleksander Lukin

0Lukin.jpg

Jeremy Irons/Secretary of Defense (Red Skull)

0Rusk.jpg

It would seem that Viper/Madame Hydra is going to be in the next Wolverine movie. Shame, that. Gotta wonder, though, how did that happen? Sure, they were married, but she's still a primarily Captain America character.
Maybe it's another split rights for a character thing? That of Fox managed to get her rights a long time ago. :csad:

Well, nooooooooo.....spending seventy years in suspended animation doesn't count towards aging. Cap is still in his 20s/early 30s.
Yeah. He is neither physically or mentally in his nineties.

He's not an old man, he's a time traveler.

After watching all of Community to get my head around the Russos as Cap directors, I find myself wondering if we could see Allison Brie as Bernie. Or Gillian Jacobs as Sharon.

...Or Betty White as old Peggy. That one's a long shot, I know.

Eddie Izzard/Heinrich Zemo

0Heinrich.jpg

Pierce Brosnan/Aleksander Lukin

0Lukin.jpg

Jeremy Irons/Secretary of Defense (Red Skull)

0Rusk.jpg

Don't know the first guy, but Brosnan looks perfect (always liked him as an older established Dr. Strange too). I don't think Skull will be in this movie and if he was, I'd hope Weaving will come back.

After watching all of Community to get my head around the Russos as Cap directors, I find myself wondering if we could see Allison Brie as Bernie. Or Gillian Jacobs as Sharon.

...Or Betty White as old Peggy. That one's a long shot, I know.
Cameo by Donald Glover as Spider-Man! :awesome:

They should get George Clooney, Brandon Routh and Ryan Reynolds to cameo

I like Abbie for Sharon, too.
Hope they give her the white jumpsuit, too....I'm imagining a CA2 poster that shows Cap flanked by Black Widow in the black jumpsuit on one side and Sharon Carter in the white jumpsuit on his other side. HAWT

That sounds really cool...

35i125j.jpg

if Cobie Smulders can play Agent Maria Hill with a comedy series being her resume.. why not hire Ellie Kemper as another S.H.I.E.L.D agent? while Sharon Carter isn't a good fit but Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird, Daisy Johnson/Quake or even Abigail Brand could be...

I wonder what it would be like seeing Chris Evan's make out with Betty White?

I could see her as Mockingbird :)

2dr9stu.jpg

if Marvel wanted a more dramatic actress for the role of Mockingbird.. Kelly Reilly would be a decent choice recently getting attention from her performance in Flight which starred Denzel Washington (Oscar buzz?).. her big break started out with Joe Wright's Pride & Predujiced alongside future comic book film hopefuls Keira Knightley (Captain America/Dark Knight Rises) and Rosamund Pike (X-Men First Class/Man of Steel)...not to mention also sharing screen time with Tony Stark (RDJ) and Magneto (Fassbender) in Sherlock Holmes 1-2/Eden Lake.. she even did a TV movie with Bane/Mad Max Tom Hardy..Kelly also worked with Tom Hiddleston in Othello basically the play that helped him earn the Loki role..

tumblr_mbc2vodMw41rcshhwo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7y54vqcZf1rtzlzf.gif

tumblr_m9nk5b3OqK1qasdemo1_r3_500.gif

PH85nrX2PLrybf_1_m.jpg

Some don't prefer multiple appearances of actors in different comic book movies, I say roles are roles, and not wanting the guy who played Johnny Storm to play Steve Rogers makes about as much sense as not wanting the guy who played Robert Mace to play Steve Rogers.

And given that we are going to have two movies of different continuities with Quicksilver in them, might I be bold as to suggest Antje Traue for Madame Hydra at some point in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"