Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Ok two things this weekend for this game

Castlevania: Mirror Of Fate HD Available Now, Includes Lords Of Shadow 2 Demo

News
on Oct 26, 2013 at 02:47 PM
ps3-icon.png
xbox360-icon.png

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD is available now on Xbox Live, coming soon to the PlayStation Network, and it comes packaged with a demo of Lords of Shadow 2.
... More

source:GI

The Belmont Curse Carries On In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. October 31, 2013 . 8:30am

Konami have shared a new trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in celebration of Halloween, with a focus on the Belmont clan.

Konami have shared a new trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in celebration of Halloween. The trailer shows new footage from the game, with a focus on the Belmont family, and you can watch it below.

[YT]5Re2vqtCWb4[/YT]

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 takes place mostly in a city setting, and continues the story of Gabriel Belmont—or rather, Dracula. The game will feature more exploration than Lords of Shadow 1, as requested by fans, and bonus boss fights as well.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be available in February 2014 for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

source:Siliconera & GI

How Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2′s Dracula Is Like No Other. November 7, 2013 . 1:34pm

“Our Dracula is very different to the Draculas that we’ve seen before in other forms of literature or in movies and things like that,” says Castlevania: Lords of Shadow producer Dave Cox.

“Our Dracula is very different to the Draculas that we’ve seen before in other forms of literature or in movies and things like that,” says Castlevania: Lords of Shadow producer Dave Cox. “He’s not a kind of quintessential evil guy. It’s not black and white—he’s very much shades of grey.”
[YT]KaIZ5ePZwP4[/YT]

In the developer diary above, Cox and MercurySteam producer Enric Alverez discuss how the Dracula in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is different from previous incarnations of the character.

For starters, Cox and Alvarez say that the Dracula in this game will be someone the player can empathize with, while still being an evil person. He’ll be a character with real emotions and contradictions, as opposed to only appearing for a few brief moments like past Castlevania games.

“This is a tale about someone who, through doing good, ends up being evil,” says Alvarez. Cox adds, “We showed the journey of Gabriel in the first game, from light to darkness, and in this game we go from dark to very, very dark.”

The main motivation driving Dracula in Lords of Shadow 2 is to end his immortal life, the developers elaborate. “He’s tired of living. He wants to end this and move on,” says Cox. However, Cox adds, Dracula is also looking to “settle some scores” in Lords of Shadow 2.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is in development for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Reviews

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow – Mirror Of Fate HD

Shaun and Jose control the Mirror Of Fate in Castlevania.

Synopsis: the look at the mirror of fate in Castlevania: Lords of shadow. it's a cool return to the 2 d side scroller but it's better suited as a hand held.

Jose's score 7.0 Shun's score 7.0

source:GI ,Siliconera & EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2′s Engine Is Built For Next Gen Consoles. November 20, 2013 . 10:32am

Konami have shared a list of ten interesting tidbits regarding Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series that you might find interesting.

Konami have shared a list of ten interesting tidbits regarding Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series that you might find interesting. Without further ado, here’s the list:
1. The design of Gabriel’s costume in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was based on the cover of the NES game “Simon’s Quest”.

2. We considered various actors for the role of Dracula including Gerard Butler and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both of whom have played Dracula.

3. Mercury Engine 2 was designed for next gen systems and was built from scratch.

4. Almost every single enemy and character has appeared in previous Castlevania games.

5. The work of Guillermo Del Toro has been a big influence on the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.

6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 uses a combination of orchestral and electronic music. This was done to highlight the past and present aspects of the game.

7. Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.

8. In Dracula Curse for the NES, if players completed the game as Trevor Belmont, during the end cut scene Trevor married Sypha Belnades. In Mirror of Fate Trevor is married to Sypha Belnades.

9. Hideo Kojima played the character of Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

10. Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla’s Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.

Castlevania trivia aside, it’s interesting to know that the engine powering Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is already prepped for next-gen consoles. Perhaps we’ll see the game’s developer, Mercury Steam, up and running with a new game on PS4 and Xbox One before long.

source:Siliconera

Last edited:
The art and art direction in LoS was really good and stood out. I liked the Gabriel Belmont character until the twist and they turned him essentially into Kratos from God of War, who I can't stand for.

He is way better than Kratos, Kratos is a horrible character

here's the latest

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Developer Diary Answers A Few Questions. January 9, 2014 . 11:30am

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will allow you to transform into a dragon during the course of the game.

will allow you to transform into a dragon during the course of the game. The game will also deal with Dracula’s relationship with his wife, according to a video Q&A Konami posted this morning. You can watch it below.

[YT]afp6mLa6BPw[/YT]

will be released on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on February 25th in the U.S. and February 27th in Europe.
and

source: Siliconera & GI

Last edited:

Meet The Cast And Characters Of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 . January 23, 2014 . 10:43am

Konami have shared a new trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, focusing almost exclusively on the game’s story and characters.

Konami have shared a new trailer for
, focusing almost exclusively on the game’s story and characters. You can view the trailer below

[YT]VgtztYmjVxg[/YT]

Lords of Shadow 2 takes place several years after Lords of Shadow and Mirror of Fate, with Dracula awakening. It takes place partly in the modern world and emphasizes exploration more than the first game did.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is in development for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and will be available on February 25th in North America and February 28th in Europe.

source:Siliconera

I can't remember the last time I was as excited for a Castlevania game.

there's a Demo on steam

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 demo now on Steam

0Commenat 17:49 on 11 February 2014
All Gabriel "Dracula" Belmont wants to do is be left in peace. He longs to stare into the night sky and occasionally feast on the blood of the pure, but that stupid Satan just won't stop showing up and kicking over Dracula's Gothic sand castle. We'll soon get to stick our Void Swords right in the Devil's derriere when Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 hits PCs on February 25, but at least we can sate our bloodthirst in the meantime with the free demo available on Steam along with a 10 percent cut of the $60 pre-order price.
source: pc gamer

Ok so all of the reviews are out for this

Reviews

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 Review
Dracula's dead and loving it in this final chapter to the Lords Of Shadow story

Synopsis: they played castle vania, which is cray ambitious with lost of fun game play but it feel's like a bit of a detour from most other castle vainia's and it doesn't compare with games like darksiders and God of war

Scott's score 7.0 vic's Score 8.5

and

Last edited:
Disappointed slightly with the reviews, but i am too emotionally invested in this series and i got it from 29£ off Amazon.uk, so 17€ cheaper than from retail.

The Demo killed it for me. It didn't feel awesome enough comepared to the first game's demo..

that may also be the reasoning alot of the publishers or dev studio's aren't doing demo's any more , some demo's aren't as good as the game will be or they see it as waste of resource's/ money now. it'll come off as weird to us but this seems to be what's happening now and days.

Last edited:
I hope not. I already bought games JUST because I loved the demos, like Killzone 3 and Lego: LOTR and these were my first games in their series.

I didn't purchase the first Lords of Shadows but, since I liked the demo of the second, I may get this one.

I'm just hoping not all of the industry decides to stop doing demo's all together.

With the way some publishers handle their games, I find it hard to buy a game sight unseen.

Even if they stopped the demos, there's still twitch...although not as reliable.

It is not often that I am completely flummoxed by reviews, but this case is one of them. Are the sneaking sections annoying? Yep. Is the ending as large as the first? No. But that is as far as the "problems" go. In every otherway this game is better then the first. A very good game. It kind of reminds me of Revengeance in that while the presentation isn't perfect, it is so much fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"