Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

NEWS

CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2 REVELATIONS DLC...

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2‘s first DLC, “Revelations,” will put you in the shoes of Alucard, Konami has confirmed.
“The legendary vampire, Alucard, the turned son of Gabriel, has shunned human life for many years, instead choosing to hunt only creatures of the night,” the publisher explains. “The DLC takes place just before the apocalyptic events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, where Alucard readies for his father’s return and the forthcoming battle against Satan.
“As the plot unfolds it begins to reveal how the vampire is inextricably linked to his Father’s fate.”
Alucard will have access to the Glaciem and Igneas powers, the ability to transform into a wolf or swarm of bats, and the power to roll back time.
Revelations is set to release March 25 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

and

via EPD.TV/ROTR

source: EGM &
GI

It is not often that I am completely flummoxed by reviews, but this case is one of them. Are the sneaking sections annoying? Yep. Is the ending as large as the first? No. But that is as far as the "problems" go. In every otherway this game is better then the first. A very good game. It kind of reminds me of Revengeance in that while the presentation isn't perfect, it is so much fun to play.

Agree 1000%. I really loved the hell out of this.

Carlyle's Dracula :hrt:

The voice acting is ridiculously good here. Carlyle, more so then in the original, really gets to do his thing and it is wonderful.

So this game isn't as mediocre as the reviews indicate? I really enjoyed the first one but the reviews from this one (and upcoming major releases) kept me from getting this right away.

As a fan of the first, I found this game to be much, much better. It is less folklore, more Devil May Cry in its setting and feel, but it plays so much better then the original imo. The enemies are more well-defined, your magic works much better (adding two much needed weapons), and this time around there are plenty of bosses to fight. Also the platforming is much better.

Hmm sometimes I wonder if people's views of last gen games get skewed by the current gen stuff. If I keep hearing good things about it from people who've played it, I'll pick it up down the line. Who knows, maybe it'll be a ps plus offering down the line. With infamous, the final fantasy X/X2 remaster and ground zeroes all coming out the same week, I should be busy for a while.

The boss fights in this game are probably among the best I've ever played. I'm really glad that I chose this to be my swan song for PS3.

All round, I'm just so in love with this iteration of Castlevania so much.

The funny thing is, it is more Castlevania then the original Lords of Shadows. The traversing, all the odd paths, etc.

And yeah, I am a big fan of the boss fights, especially [BLACKOUT]Carmilla[/BLACKOUT].

So this game isn't as mediocre as the reviews indicate? I really enjoyed the first one but the reviews from this one (and upcoming major releases) kept me from getting this right away.
well not all of the reviewer gave mediocre score's (which are usually in the 5 zone and are literally know to be that number) some have given it 8's and still enjoyed it. it was just wasn't enough of them. this also why I said it's still worth checking out when see that and more importantly I just listen to what they said instead of just looking at the score if I hear they still enjoyed on video or see it written that's enough. I'll check it out when I was planning to do so still. that part is still me making up my own mind on if I like it or not. and yeah this wasn't bad.

Last edited:
I'm amazed people think this comes even close to the first. I juuuust beat it and, yeah, I liked it a lot and some of the reviews were completely off the mark, but it's lacking a lot of the original's sense of wonder. There are moments when it captures it - mainly in boss fights and the castle sections, but I found the real world stuff to be really dull.

I'm a little disappointed, personally. I think back to some of the incredible sights I saw in the first game and there's just nothing like that here. At least the great combat system is intact.

It's not as amazing as the 1st one is with it's folklore world building and vast mythology, but it tells a magnificent family story and gives us not only a really great way to end the story, but a seriously cool twist. Robb Stark for the win!

Boss fights we're disappointing imo, they we're all practically the same beat'em up, the combat isn't as good as DMC/God of War because of the AI making villains with guns shoot you on the other side of the battle field with no way to dodge/parry/acknowledge these hits. :b

It's still a 8.5/10 game easily, i don't get the 7/10s and 6/10s. It has a lot of replay value.

It's not as amazing as the 1st one is with it's folklore world building and vast mythology, but it tells a magnificent family story and gives us not only a really great way to end the story, but a seriously cool twist. Robb Stark for the win!

Boss fights we're disappointing imo, they we're all practically the same beat'em up, the combat isn't as good as DMC/God of War because of the AI making villains with guns shoot you on the other side of the battle field with no way to dodge/parry/acknowledge these hits. :b

It's still a 8.5/10 game easily, i don't get the 7/10s and 6/10s. It has a lot of replay value.

You're spot on with the boss fights, actually. They all have a very similar set of moves. In fact they all had a ground pound area attack. But I just enjoy when boss fights don't overcomplicate things with stages and extra enemies, and this doesn't do that (too often).

As for the story, I can't say the same. To me it felt incredibly vague and capitalized on the fact that the first got away with just making so much stuff up. It never explains why this time everyone is destroyed *forever* or just what in the hell is going on with Dracula's visions.

I just started LOS2 yesterday, recently beat the first boss, if she can be considered a boss. Kind of sad to hear about the reviews being divided, and I can sort of see why. So far it seems that they tried to explicitly address shortcomings of LOS and incorporate all the changes into a single game. I really loved LOS, and I'll like this regardless of the quirky additions, but I can't help feeling like they may have missed an opportunity to make this truly great by being a little neater and more prudent with some elements.

Alucard looks great though, I really like his character in the Castlevania universe.

As for the story, I can't say the same. To me it felt incredibly vague and capitalized on the fact that the first got away with just making so much stuff up. It never explains why this time everyone is destroyed *forever* or just what in the hell is going on with Dracula's visions.

Yeah the ending is questionable in regards to power vacuums, but yeah you are right about Dracula's visions, there's no real explanation to them haha.

Is anyone else not too bothered by the "out of place" things that a lot of the reviews hammered LOS2 for?

Just had about the 3rd boss fight and the sneaking sections take like 2 minutes...not really that much of an intrusion. The part that perplexes me a little more, and I can't say whether it's something I enjoy or not is the present day setting. Still getting my head around it.

Overall I really enjoy the game, great combat system. I really wish LOS2 had a similar enemy wave mode like the Bloody Palace in DMC4. The combat is a vast improvement on what was already quite impressive in LOS.

I'd like to see mercury steam do DMC I man the old universe prior to that reboot. in other news Castle vania

Castlevania Producer Koji Igarashi Has Left Konami. March 17, 2014 . 8:05am

Koji Igarashi, known for his work on the original Castlevania series, has left the employ of Konami, and intends to open his own studio.

Koji Igarashi, known for his work on the original Castlevania series, has left the employ of Konami, IGN reported this morning. The designer’s last day at the company was Saturday, March 15th.

In the wake of his departure, Igarashi intends to open a new game development studio.

“I’ve decided to break out on my own to have the freedom to make the kind of games I really want to make—the same kind I think fans of my past games want as well,” Igarashi told IGN.

“Leaving Konami was a big decision, and not one I took lightly—I’ve spent my entire career there, made many friends, and had a lot of great opportunities—but I hope all the gamers and fans who have supported me in the past will join me in being excited about what comes next. Wish me luck!”

At the Game Developers Conference this week, Igarashi is conducting a panel about his approach to game development. Siliconera will be in attendance at the panel.
source:Siliconera

Just finished LOS2, still trying to process how exactly I feel about this game considering how much I loved the first and hyped the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v_RoMvX7ts

Alucard's DLC trailer just got released.

thanks for the heads up. ok on waht was posted prior to this

Frustration at social gaming focus drove Igarashi to leave Konami

(17 minutes ago)

When longtime Castlevania mastermind Koji Igarashi announced his departure from Konami earlier this week it came as a surprise, but thanks to a Polygoninterview we now know what drove the developer away.

"The more hardcore the game ... the less suitable it is for the casual market," Igarashi stated. "Unfortunately, I'm good at making core experiences, so it was two years of making a game that leaned too 'hardcore' for the social market. So it was canceled. Then I'd try again and be canceled. And again and be canceled."

Igarashi claims this cycle repeated several times before he decided to call it quits. He also notes that fans were constantly clamoring for more of the 2D, exploration-focused Castlevania games that made him famous, but that Konami's new direction wouldn't allow for such projects.

Though Igarashi is unsure of his next move, he does have some idea of what his next game might be. "If you just look at my strengths, most likely it will be an action game," the developer told Polygon. "Of course, fans would like a 2D exploration sort of game, a Metroidvania-type game. That's definitely something i'm interested in to make them happy."
[Image: Wikimedia Commons]

Last edited:
You know if there's one thing i do want to complain about is the Acolytes and Victor Belmont, let's get this straight:
Castlevania City has the world's largest perfume/skin/whatever-science company, the biggest weapon's arm trade company and a big damn church with powerful religious figures, and Zobek only considers checking out the science factory because it's magically enhanced?

When you fight the Satan's daughter, it's important we don't alarm the other Acolytes, but after we meet Victor Belmont, we need to find a way to know where the other Acolytes are and spoilers: Alucard is totally okay with Victor sacrifising himself.

What bothers me is that Victor Belmont had a lot of story potential, but he was just a glorified cameo, but still c'mon why did they have to sacrifise him lol. :( *cry*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"