Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
E3 2012: Exclusive Debut Trailer - Whips crack and war rages as a familiar stranger enters the...
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_psn_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

Posted 10 mins ago

gt6newestDivider2.gif
spacer.gif

GT.TV

Chapter 2 - Konami`s Next - Featuring Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Metal Gear Rising...

new.gif

Posted 18 mins ago

source:GT

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the game will be what happens after the amazing ending of the first one

I really liked the first game, despite it being a bit unpolished. Loved the mythology of it. Hopefully this one will have even better gameplay.

Man, that was a beautiful trailer. Made me want to go out and get the first one.

I didnt like the first game. I hope its better and shorter than that one

I love how they're playing up the "Dragon" thing, nice and poignant :up:

Really loved the trailer and the music. I like that they're moving in a newer direction by amping things up for the combat, at least it looks that way.

Nice trailer. I was kinda hoping for more insight into how the gameplay was going to be like, but you can't really get that with a CGI trailer. I like that it ended with Alucard though.

I also hope that Carlyle, Stewart and Isaacs return. I wonder who they have cast for Alucard?

Huh--What? That's Alucard? You sure?
I may just have to get that, then. Alucard is my favorite character in the entire series.

Finally, i was begining to think that they found the game a failure, but i wish they decided to keep the Lords of Shadow timeline and expanded on it with the next games, i wonder if after this they'll reboot the franchise again or if they'll go back to the original timeline.

Wouldn't surprise me if they actually just went back to doing the 2D metroidvania style with the original timeline.

Wouldn't surprise me if they actually just went back to doing the 2D metroidvania style with the original timeline.

I dunno, the Vania series was stuck on Gameboys and DS for ages and there were quite a few in that style. I wouldn't say no to some Metroidvania, but if there is to be a style/continuity shift then I think it would be a great opportunity to move onto a new one rather than going back and just doing another iteration of something that's been done over and over again.

Though personally I wouldn't mind more games in this continuity even if Cox isn't on board and it's the end of the LoS saga.

Trevor is Gabriel's son ey? Guess that makes him the Alucard of this universe ?

Trevor is Gabriel's son ey? Guess that makes him the Alucard of this universe ?

Yeah, that's what most people seem to be theorising when Alucard seemingly turned up at the end of the LoS 2 trailer and some have pointed out that his clothing looks incredibly similar to Trevor's. To be fair I think making Trevor Gabriel's son and later Alucard (Dracula's son) could be potentially quite good and a strange way to mirror how Gabriel became Dracula in LoS.

Though Mirror of Fate seems to be a bridge between LoS and LoS 2, like a LoS 1.5 sidequel story. It looks interesting, but it's annoying that it's probably exclusive to the 3DS since the main games are multiplatform games. I might see about saving up for 3DS for this though.

I also notice Simon apparently appears in Mirror of Fate as well and seems to be sporting a look based on his Chronicles appearance. Which is not bad since I found the Chronicles look interesting (though not perfect, but certainly stylish). I'm wondering how he fits into this since in the original games Simon's a descendant of Trevor. Does the game switch to Simon and pick up the story in his time or what?

Found a link to an article that has an embedded link to the trailer for Mirror of Fate. http://www.gamefreaks365.com/newsarticle.php?sid=4511

Now I'm just wondering "who the hell's voice is that?". I feel like I'm gonna kick myself once someone says who's voice it was. That was definitely Carlyle at the end as Dracula, but I'm assuming the other Scottish voice was Trevor (which is kinda cool having the Belmonts with Scottish accents).

There were a few other voices, but I couldn't place them either. There's the old man that advises Trevor at one point, Trevor's wife and someone else who says "you shall not stand alone against him".

I am going to put this game back in and play it a bit now. I love this game to no end. Can't wait for Mirror of Fate!

I think the part where a voice says "that's the battle cross my father carried" is Simon and not part of Trevor's dialogue in the trailer. When I first viewed it I thought it was just Trevor (referring to Gabriel), but we see Simon on screen and I'm fairly sure that voice is a bit more high pitched than Trevor's (though with a similar sounding Scottish accent).

Though Simon's only line (I think) in the trailer is quite short it's reminiscent (to me) of David Tennant's Scottish accent (though as cool as it would be, I don't think it's him).

I'm still puzzled as to who Trevor might be, but I still feel as if I might know it. Maybe someone can help me out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"