CEO of Pharma Company Raises Cost of Aids Medicine from $13.50 to $750 Per Pill

Wu Tang and Bill Murray should team up to rob this wanker.

This guy's like some kind of cartoonish movie character. Almost like he plays up this persona on purpose.

I had a dream last night that he started up a Scientology-esque cult and, for some ungodly reason, I decided to give it a shot.

I don't know what the hell my subconscious is trying to tell me.

Martin Shkreli’s troubles deepen—from allegations of fraud to IP infringement

His problems keep getting worse although the unrelated detalis to the copyright infringement are the biggest offense. "Turing executives handed out six-figure bonuses, spent thousands of dollars on a lavish yacht party" after they screwed over AIDS patients.:cmad:

Embattled former pharma CEO Martin Shkreli's legal troubles deepened Tuesday when the poster child for greed was sued for copyright infringement in connection to the $2 million Wu-Tang Clan hip-hop album he bought last year.

Shkreli is the founder and former CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals who became reviled for increasing the price of a life-saving drug by more than 5,000 percent last year. He also faces unrelated federal criminal charges that he allegedly defrauded investors, and he has invoked his Fifth Amendment right against compelled self-incrimination before congressional panels probing the price of pharmaceuticals.

The latest brouhaha concerns his exclusive $2 million purchase of the "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" album, the only copy Wu-Tang Clan produced. The 32 year old said he bought the album to "keep it from the people." Packaging for the album includes a 174-page book with all sorts of writings, pictures, and drawings. In that book are portraits of band members created by a New York artist named Jason Koza, who claims in a new federal lawsuit that he never authorized their reproduction.

The copyright infringement suit accuses band leader Robert "RZA" Diggs of allegedly including Koza's art and names Shkreli for allegedly allowing three Koza works depicting Wu-Tang Clan members Inspectah Deck, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, and Raekwon to be included in a January Vice.com article about the album.

According to the federal lawsuit:
In late 2013 and early 2014, Mr. Koza created portraits of each original member of the Wu-Tang Clan and submitted digital images of the portraits to the WuDisciples.blogspot.com website for public display. Mr. Koza was happy when his work appeared on the website and went about his life for the next approximately two years, continuing to create more original works of art. On January 29, 2016, Mr. Koza became aware of a news article about a new Wu-Tang Clan album titled “Once Upon a Time in Shaolin,” the sole copy of which was reportedly sold to Martin Shkreli for approximately $2 million. The album included a 174-page book, which contained copies of Mr. Koza’s Wu-Tang Clan member portraits. This story only has one problem: Mr. Koza never granted a license for his works to be copied or displayed anywhere other than the WuDisciples.blogspot.com website.
Meanwhile, the infringement allegations aside, it was revealed during a hearing before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform last week that after Turing Pharmaceuticals raised the price of the decades-old drug Daraprim from $13.50 a pill to $750 last fall—leaving some patients with $16,000 co-pays—Turing executives handed out six-figure bonuses, spent thousands of dollars on a lavish yacht party, and paid a public relations firm to help them shine their tarnished reputation.

Shkreli resigned as Turing's chief executive in December, shortly after being indicted on fraud charges for allegedly running a Ponzi-like scheme with two former hedge funds and swindling another former pharmaceutical company, Retrophin, out of millions of dollars. Shkreli, who appeared at that House hearing last week, invoked his Fifth Amendment right against compelled self-incrimination and did not testify. He later called lawmakers at the hearing imbeciles.

Shkreli's attorney, Benjamin Brafman, defended his client.

"In short, the intent of the committee, by insisting on Shkreli's personal appearance, was to embarrass him by forcing him to publicly invoke his Fifth Amendment privilege because of an unrelated pending indictment," he said. Shkreli has said he is not guilty of the charges.
Ars Technica

When you get a taste of your own medicine, lol:

14670609_10207998613311063_868105552329740716_n.jpg

Did we ever discuss here about how Shkreli challenged Chris Evans (yes, Cap himself) to a fight on Twitter?

Cause it's HILARIOUS. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.thewrap.com/martin-shkre...tar-chris-evans-to-a-fight-ill-f-ing-destroy/

Not mentioned in the article is the extent of Shkreli's incoherent tweets (some of which contain bad words) and how he went on Periscope for an hour and ranted about it some more. But I saved some!

@MartinShkreli said:
I'm 5'10 160 all muscle like Conor McGregor so you can get slapped quick

14291694_10100768840299804_6706759277471865216_n.jpg

My favorite response out of the whole thing?

@ohkayewhatever said:
bruh did you just threaten to beat up a man shaped like a large Dorito made of muscle

Love how they draw him to look like the Rumpelstiltskin from Shrek.

Shkreli, Trump Jr. and Scaramucci should all just join forces and stop the gang from raising money to keep the rec center open.

That smug attitude is not going to fly in prison.

Considering the epic levels of *****ery this guy is guilty of I'm not sure he would be conscious in prison long enough to find out what flies there, if he was in general population of an average penitentiary. A scumbag like him though will probably find his way to a white collar type prison where everyone is in for fraud or embezzlement.

Shkreli, Trump Jr. and Scaramucci should all just join forces and stop the gang from raising money to keep the rec center open.

God bless you and all the work you do terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"