MoviePass, Sinemia, A-List & Beyond - Subscription Theatergoing

What could MoviePass possibly offer that AMC isn't already offering? "Access to different theater chains" I suppose, except how valuable would that even be for a heavy movie viewer?

I would love it because I dont have to travel far to watch a movie at a run down mall theater.

I would love it because I dont have to travel far to watch a movie at a run down mall theater.

That's true, but lets say the same deal were offered by the chain that *did* have the closet theater or two to you. If its not AMC, there's a good chance its one of their competitors, and while they might not currently have such a plan, there is nothing keeping them from doing so. . . and they would also find it more profitable and convenient than signing onto MoviePass's middleman routine.

MoviePass to Return on Labor Day With Tiered Prices, Waitlist - Variety

MoviePass co-founder Stacy Spikes announced in November 2021 that he bought the company back after its parent company Helios and Matheson Analytics went bankrupt. In a press conference last February touting the return of MoviePass, Spikes gave few details other than teasing a monthly credit system — a la the fitness-based ClassPass — to watch movies on the big screen.

As first reported by Business Insider, prices will vary based on the customer’s ZIP code — and general tiers will be $10, $20 or $30 a month. Each option will give the user a number of credits each month. However, MoviePass has not specified the amount of credits that come with each plan, nor the number of credits required to reserve a movie ticket.

There are plenty more unanswered questions. Will first-run movies be included? (In the final days of MoviePass 1.0, users weren’t permitted to get tickets to new blockbusters.) And which theaters will be participating? MoviePass says it has partnered with 25% of movie theaters in the U.S., but it’s unclear if that includes major chains like AMC Theatres or Regal Cinemas.

You got the email too huh?

sadly-yes.gif

I feel like I dodged a whole hail of bullets by steering clear of MoviePass in the first place.

Well not if you were there from the beginning like me. Those first several months were incredible... I saved so much money from watching so many movies.

And now? You're on their mailing list from hell and all these attempts to entice you back. No telling what personal info they sold either.

eh, it's one email so far and i'm pretty sure MoviePass isn't the only company selling my information as we speak.

the-matrix-matrix.gif

The revamped MoviePass goes nationwide
As promised, MoviePass is returning. After last year’s Labor Day beta/waiting list launch, the movie theater subscription service is open to all in the U.S. just head of the Memorial Day holiday. After years of rocky history, the company promised to return to the straight and narrow, with a more measured approach to new movie access, following the free-for-all that was MoviePass 1.0.

“By opening up MoviePass to film lovers nationwide, we are expanding our support of the movie theater industry by helping drive traffic to all theaters during the critical summer season,” 1.0 cofounder and 2.0 CEO Stacy Spikes said in a prepared statement. “Our newly designed service offers our members greater choice and flexibility for how they use their monthly credits, while continuing to encourage them to watch movies in theaters.”

The service is launching across the U.S. with four tiers that start at $10 a month – effectively priced like a streaming service. That Basic level gets you one to three movies a month. If you really, really love new movies and have a lot of free time, a $40 Pro account will get 30 movies a month – at or near a movie a day, depending on the month. The company says its $20 tier is the most popular of the bunch, at three to seven a months.

Things are a bit complicated, when it comes to how many movies you can actually see, per pass, as the tiers are actually based on “credits.” The number of credits per film depends on when you see it. Tuesdays use the fewest, then weekday matinees, weekday evenings, weekend evenings and opening weekends at the top of the list.

The good news, however, is that credits roll over, if you don’t use them all up in a month. Says the company, “you can have up to a maximum of two months of unused credits at anytime in your account. For example, if your plan is for 34 credits per month, you can have up to 68 credits in your account. ”

Given everything that went down with the original version of the service, some consumers may – understandably – be a bit wary. Certainly opening things up for Memorial Day is a great way to tends the service’s strength.

xCLpO3o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"